: Transmission Issue!

bobz74
07-13-09, 09:10 AM
Well yesterday morning when i went out for my morning coffee I noticed the transmission began to thump when shifting back into first gear when coming to a stop. I do have the Wait4Me programmer installed on level 2 for the past month or so. I have not made any changes since installing. I also noticed that it does not begin to happen until the trans operating temp gets above 120 degrees.

I had the car out several times yesterday as well as to work this morning and its still doing it. Kinda annoying! You really do feel it when it shifts back into first gear.

I'm going to put the program back to stock tonight but I'm sure its not that feels more mechanical. More like a trans mount..

Anyone have this issue? thoughts?

inurok
07-13-09, 09:18 AM
I had a similar issue when my tranny was very low on fluid? Only thing is it did it no matter what the temperature was?

bobz74
07-17-09, 01:56 PM
Just wanted to update this thread for everyone and for search purposes. After having this problem for two full days on the third morning it went away on its own.

I brought the car in for service this week (unrelated). I returned the car back to stock using the handheld and I mentioned to the dealer what happen over the weekend and they found nothing.

BTW driving the car to and from the dealer with "Stock" settings was a reality check for how GREAT the car runs with the Wait4Me tune. I could not wait to put the tune back on! I drove right home and reloaded immediatly!!!

jwall09
07-18-09, 11:42 PM
Just wanted to update this thread for everyone and for search purposes. After having this problem for two full days on the third morning it went away on its own.

I brought the car in for service this week (unrelated). I returned the car back to stock using the handheld and I mentioned to the dealer what happen over the weekend and they found nothing.

BTW driving the car to and from the dealer with "Stock" settings was a reality check for how GREAT the car runs with the Wait4Me tune. I could not wait to put the tune back on! I drove right home and reloaded immediatly!!!

Although i plan to get the W4M tuner, i run stock atm and my car has done the same thing. Dealer said it does that by design, its to protect the tranny blah blah blah... They are full of Sh*t, slamming into 1st wont protect anything; however, it has'nt done it in months... I didnt do anything other than take it to the shop, and they claim to have done nothing, so not sure what the fix was.