: STS 101 please help w/ a few ?s

STS mikey STS
07-12-09, 10:16 PM
Hello,
first i would like to say thanks for welcoming me to the site.
im am buying a 06 sts on monday if everything goes well but before i finalize the deal i have a couple of quick ?s

1.the sts-v has a supercharger i know that much but is the engine different as well?(from the sts)

2.i noticed some sts models that says sts4 on the back, whats different about those models?

3.last ?, the sts im looking at does not have a navigation. does anyone know how much it would cost roughly? does it play dvds or just nav?

Thanks

mbnv992
07-12-09, 10:51 PM
Hello,
first i would like to say thanks for welcoming me to the site.
im am buying a 06 sts on monday if everything goes well but before i finalize the deal i have a couple of quick ?s

1.the sts-v has a supercharger i know that much but is the engine different as well?(from the sts)

2.i noticed some sts models that says sts4 on the back, whats different about those models?

3.last ?, the sts im looking at does not have a navigation. does anyone know how much it would cost roughly? does it play dvds or just nav?

Thanks

1. The STS-V is a totally different beast. It makes 469HP, (compared to the regualer STS V-8 which only makes 320). The STS-V also has the 4.4L engine, where the V8 in the regualer STS is 4.6L.
2. The 4 next to the STS badge on the trunk means that that particular car is All Wheel Drive
3. GET ONE WITH THE NAV !!! Trust me from experience ! It will cost you WAY too much money to add one in after the fact. In fact, most dealerships will not even have a nav. listed in thier parts database for an STS, you'd have to go aftermarket.
Hope this helps !
Mike

jamesbalzer
07-13-09, 01:42 AM
Yep, yep, yep. Well said.

Unique Distributing
07-13-09, 02:37 AM
ya a aftermarket installation of the nav which does play DVD is well not worth it your better off finding one withthe nav. its a whole diff world! and see if it has adaptive cruise control this is a awesome option to have.

EChas3
07-14-09, 11:25 PM
I cannot say it often enough, "Different STS models can be very different. Take the time to decide exactly the options you want. Test drive a car so equipped to be sure."

Dealers and sellers will try to pressure you. Just remember who has the money.