: Paranormal.

lev
07-20-04, 07:20 PM
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75882&page=1&pp=10

This link also has a link to Lexus forums with a similar discussion. I will warn you right now, this is not for people with heart problems, and I mean absolutely no sarcasm when I say that.

Msilva954
07-20-04, 08:09 PM
Man I hate that scarry Sh!t......im scarred when someone walks behind me in my house lol....

When my mom lived in Telahassee Florida with her sister 20yrs ago....there was a so called "witch" that appeared out of the forest once in a while (during the day of course) and she had a old woman beard and long long white hair....they always were freaked out by her............but one late night like 11:00 PM my mother was driving home by herself and she was going over a large hill (up) and all of a sudden the whole sky lit up.....not like lightbulb....but she says it was like the sun, she says that it was soo sunny like day time that she could see through the forest and all and the woman was in the middle of the road just staring her down.......my mother says she turned around crying and she hauled ass out of there.......to this day 20 yrs later whenever she starts telling the story she becomes sooo cold and her body covers with goose bumps........there really is some freaky sh!t out there.

T_Dogg8
07-21-04, 08:46 AM
weird shit.

1toycad
07-21-04, 10:12 AM
Sorry, I don't buy the paranormal stuff. There are usually medical explanations, either physical or psychological, for all of this stuff.

I do not fear ghosts or the dead or spirits.

It is not the dead that I worry about, it is the living that sometimes scares me. :lildevil:

juiceE
07-21-04, 12:37 PM
crazy shiet msilva, i believe it

T_Dogg8
07-21-04, 01:17 PM
i don't believe it, but still crazy shit.

Msilva954
07-21-04, 08:57 PM
i don't believe it, but still crazy shit.

Like my story....there has to be an explanation....but like you said its still crazy and scary as sh!t.......maybe she was experimenting with spot lights...

T_Dogg8
07-22-04, 07:48 AM
99.9% of the time you can explain that kind of stuff with science. not saying your mom was lying or it didn't happen or anything, but sometimes the surprise of it happening magnifies what happens.

RBraczyk
07-22-04, 09:27 AM
Well thats what makes tdogg8 and 1toycad conservatives. Anyways, when i feel like im being watched or even thinking about this stuff my eyes start to water, and i get goosebumps and cold sweats. Pretty messed up. explain roswell then guys!?!

T_Dogg8
07-22-04, 09:44 AM
Well thats what makes tdogg8 and 1toycad conservatives. Anyways, when i feel like im being watched or even thinking about this stuff my eyes start to water, and i get goosebumps and cold sweats. Pretty messed up. explain roswell then guys!?!
lol. i really enjoy your posts. if you're gulible to believe all those stories, it's no wonder you're gulible enough to believe kerry.

and being able to explain that kind of stuff through science doesn't mean your conservative, it means you're inteligent. and quite honestly, if you go to college, you'll learn the majority of your science profs. are liberal. so do a little research before you post.

RBraczyk
07-22-04, 10:41 AM
You know what, you are more ignorant than anyone else here. Even 1toycad. Duh hu huh thats why you believe kerry, cause your gullible duh huh. No you ass, its because he's better than bush, he actually has a brain in his head. This is not turning into a political thread. Back to the paranormal.

T_Dogg8
07-22-04, 11:21 AM
You know what, you are more ignorant than anyone else here. Even 1toycad. Duh hu huh thats why you believe kerry, cause your gullible duh huh. No you ass, its because he's better than bush, he actually has a brain in his head. This is not turning into a political thread. Back to the paranormal.
you turned it into a political thread so stop whining about it. the gulible part was a JOKE. and can't you have a diuscussion without name calling?? i'm not the ass, but one of the two of us certainly is. why don't you grow up a little before you call me 'ignorant'. stop whining because i don't agree with you. if you disagree with someone, give proof, not name calling.

RBraczyk
07-22-04, 11:31 AM
Im not gonna bother anymore, your as pigheaded as the rest.

JDelorean_srx
07-22-04, 11:40 AM
Are you sure your mothers wrap-around sun glasses didn't just fall off & it was actually day-time? :drinker

T_Dogg8
07-22-04, 12:08 PM
Im not gonna bother anymore, your as pigheaded as the rest.
you're so mature. you sure you're only 17??

RBraczyk
07-22-04, 12:42 PM
Certainly am.

Chuck C
07-22-04, 05:43 PM
whoa whoa! fellas fellas! let's not argue! :chill: squash the beef before the moderators come in:cop: and bust things up! :gun2:

1toycad
07-22-04, 05:50 PM
you're so mature. you sure you're only 17??

T-Dogg8, he didn't get the sarcasm...that's hilarious :lildevil:

Sometimes I think that RB is just a plant, some old, hairy, fat-fart who likes to post here and pretend that he is a 17 year old boy. I mean, seriously, our educational system couldn't be in that bad of a shape...could it? :banghead:

1toycad
07-22-04, 05:53 PM

Do you also need a diaper change? :rolleyes2

Msilva954
07-22-04, 08:10 PM
WHOA WHOA......now im actually one to ALWAYS tell my mom....who recently likes church and religion......that there is usually a 99% scientifc explanation for everything that goes on on this planet.....but I am also one to believe that there are things that we just cant control and things that we just cant explain....at least not with our knowledge.

Elvis
07-22-04, 11:19 PM
I've seen miracles. I've witnessed a life saved thanks to the power of prayer. Saw another example tonight as a matter of fact.

That paranormal crapola is just that. It's designed to scare you away from the Truth. Most of the stories have been debunked, like the one about the mexican rat, the hook hanging on the car door, the girl in the prom dress on a dark road, etc.

Don't buy into it. There are enough positive paranormal experiences out there, you just have to be willing to look for them.

1toycad
07-23-04, 01:26 AM
I've seen miracles. I've witnessed a life saved thanks to the power of prayer. Saw another example tonight as a matter of fact.

That paranormal crapola is just that. It's designed to scare you away from the Truth. Most of the stories have been debunked, like the one about the mexican rat, the hook hanging on the car door, the girl in the prom dress on a dark road, etc.

Don't buy into it. There are enough positive paranormal experiences out there, you just have to be willing to look for them.

Be careful Elvis, you keep writing stuff like that and you are liable to get branded as a right-wing, religious fanatic.

Ralph
07-23-04, 01:46 AM
Sorry, I don't buy the paranormal stuff. There are usually medical explanations, either physical or psychological, for all of this stuff.

Do you believe you have a soul? Do you believe you will go to heaven if you have a soul? Then why are ghosts, rods, shadow people, sightings of Virgin Mary, etc so hard to fathom then? (btw, to my knowledge, there is still no concrete explanation for shadow people or ghosts, etc.) Is it because the unknown scares some? A defence mechanism for the mind? I find it interesting that many cannot fathom such things, especially in this new age, technological era we live in. I guess there is no room for the possibility of such phenomenon today in peoples minds. One is usually labelled a fanatic, it seems, for merely believing in the possibility of such things, of which there IS evidence for.

D148L0
07-23-04, 01:57 AM
Same goes for you, Elvis. If you believe in miracles you must believe in spiritual influence over matter. Truth? Your truth, that is a better statement.
No animosity intended, BTW.

Elvis
07-23-04, 11:41 AM
Same goes for you, Elvis. If you believe in miracles you must believe in spiritual influence over matter. Truth? Your truth, that is a better statement.
No animosity intended, BTW.

None taken. It just seems to me like people who are looking for the paranormal almost always associate evil intentions with it.

My point was, if you go looking for evil, you're certain to find it. Good is harder to find, but if you look hard enough you'll find it. Nothing worthwhile comes easy.

Elvis
07-23-04, 11:51 AM
Sorry for the double post here, but I have a couple of stories for you.

My parents live in a house that is semi-haunted. I say that because I lived in that house for about ten years and never had a bad experience, but did have several good, unexplained experiences. I always thought I heard voices in the oldest part of the house (built 1877). Nothing bad, it just sounded like I was walking in on a conversation a lot of times when there was nobody there but me.

One night about 15 years ago, my father woke up in the middle of the night and heard a jewelry box/music box in another room opened and playing a tune. The musical device had been broken for several years and didn't work. Spooky enough that the thing had the lid open, but also playing music? He says it was my grandfather, who originally bought the house in 1958 and liked to fix things.

Then there was the time in 1985 when my keys disappeared. I NEVER lose my keys. But this particular day, they disappeared and I couldn't find them anywhere. I was late for an appointment, and searched high and low, couldn't find them anywhere. I had set up a card table in the middle of a room to do my taxes, and I hadn't put it away yet. After about 20 minutes of searching for the keys, I found them, neatly arranged in the middle of the card table, almost as if they were being put on display.

On my way to the appointment, I came upon a horrible automobile accident. The ambulance was just arriving. Who knows, if I had left the house on time, it could've been me.

I just don't buy the demonic possession stories, or the old "Tell 'em Large Marge sent you" stories. I think they're mostly legends that people make up and pass down.

1toycad
07-23-04, 12:32 PM
Do you believe you have a soul? Do you believe you will go to heaven if you have a soul? Then why are ghosts, rods, shadow people, sightings of Virgin Mary, etc so hard to fathom then? (btw, to my knowledge, there is still no concrete explanation for shadow people or ghosts, etc.) Is it because the unknown scares some? A defence mechanism for the mind? I find it interesting that many cannot fathom such things, especially in this new age, technological era we live in. I guess there is no room for the possibility of such phenomenon today in peoples minds. One is usually labelled a fanatic, it seems, for merely believing in the possibility of such things, of which there IS evidence for.

Ralph, I am a Christian. I believe that I have a soul and I believe that whether my soul goes "upstairs" or "downstairs" depends on how I am judged.

I also believe that from time to time angels visit (for example, angels told Joseph to take Mary and get out of town). I believe that Satan can take semi-human form in order to tempt us (Satan tempted Crhist in the desert). Finally I believe that spirits can visit us (Christ appeared to the disciples days after He was crucified).

From that, however, I cannot accept the idea that the Virgin Mary, or the Virgen de Guadalupe or any other sainted figure, can appear in front of thousands of Mexican peasants on the face of a tortilla. Or that some whacked out "brujo" can cast spells on people. Or that Sister Cleo can predict the future (if she could, she should have known what was coming to her).

But if believing in any of the above rocks your boat, then rock on brother.

Peace out!

Ralph
07-23-04, 05:14 PM
Ralph, I am a Christian. I believe that I have a soul and I believe that whether my soul goes "upstairs" or "downstairs" depends on how I am judged.

I also believe that from time to time angels visit (for example, angels told Joseph to take Mary and get out of town). I believe that Satan can take semi-human form in order to tempt us (Satan tempted Crhist in the desert). Finally I believe that spirits can visit us (Christ appeared to the disciples days after He was crucified).

From that, however, I cannot accept the idea that the Virgin Mary, or the Virgen de Guadalupe or any other sainted figure, can appear in front of thousands of Mexican peasants on the face of a tortilla. Or that some whacked out "brujo" can cast spells on people. Or that Sister Cleo can predict the future (if she could, she should have known what was coming to her).

But if believing in any of the above rocks your boat, then rock on brother.

Peace out!

Don't worry brother, my boats sailing in calm waters. ;) I'm Christian also, but not religious. The way I see it, who am I to disagree with hundreds of people who witness a glowing figure of the Virgin Mary outside a church at night. There was compelling footage of this phenomenon a couple of years ago in Mexico I believe. The thing that gets me is when there are multiple sightings of a single event. (and 'm not talking tacos) These are more difficult (one would think) to discount or label mass hysteria IMO. My point was, if we are Christian, believe in the Holy Spirit, etc. then why not ghosts who may be just people that haven't realized they are gone, or had unfinished business they were concerned about.

Good stories Elvis, and I'm sure more than a few of us know someone who has had strange experiences. My Fiance's ex-boyfriend had some sort of "sixth-sense" and supposedly he could see ghosts! Like I said, I'm not going to doubt someone else's personal experiences because I wasn't there. I'll relate a couple of stories she told me and you can be the judge. They used to go for walks, and one time he pointed to a house and said "someone died in that house." My Fiance would ask, "how could you know that?" He replied "because there is an old man sitting on the steps waving." The strange thing is, there was no physical being sitting on the front steps!! She doubted him and proceeded to ring the doorbell. An old lady came to the door and replied her husband died last month in the house!

Another time, she was visiting his cousins in an old house. They were all sitting in the living room talking when suddenly the lamp lit up, and moved several inches on the table! Her boyfriend at the time could clearly see an old man image that at the table who must have wanted attention? :rolleyes2 Or perhaps they were talkinhg and disturbed him? :D Like I said, judge for yourself. ;) Personally I would not want to be able to see anything like that because I think I would go nuts, if true.

Ralph
07-23-04, 05:17 PM
I just don't buy the demonic possession stories, or the old "Tell 'em Large Marge sent you" stories. I think they're mostly legends that people make up and pass down.

Doesn't the Catholic Church still perform exorcisms? I'm sure they keep it low-key, but there always seem to be several shows on these things. Last I heard, there was a genuine need for them to be performed and IMO, they can start with the politicians in Ottawa! :devil: :D

D148L0
07-23-04, 09:45 PM
I just want to give a thumbs up to you guys for the mature and respecful way this thread has been discussed despite the nature of it's topics.

1toycad
07-24-04, 12:48 AM
I just want to give a thumbs up to you guys for the mature and respecful way this thread has been discussed despite the nature of it's topics.

Does that inlcude me too???? :lildevil:

I have noticed that there is a great deal of name-calling lately. Maybe we are all too stressed out.

We need a get-together, at the beach, all of the members to chill out and get mellow :drinker

RBraczyk
07-24-04, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a good idea 1toycad.

1toycad
07-24-04, 12:32 PM
Sounds like a good idea 1toycad.

Hey, first time we agree on something.

Maybe there is hope for your generation :lildevil:

Ralph
07-24-04, 03:37 PM
I get to see what the beach looks like by watching all them old Peter Fonda biker flicks on tv. :crying: