: Motor mount replaced!! WTF!!!!!

billiam
07-11-09, 05:32 PM
I just replaced the front motor mount on my 2000 deville dts about an hour ago and the motor still moves like it did with the old one. The old mount was not torn but had creases in the bottom like it was ready to go soon! While under there i checked the other mounts as well and they seem fine. Just exactly how much should the engine rock when placed in drive? I know there has to be some movement but everything i've read on here says no more than about an inch but mine moves about1.5" to 2". Is This Normal?? These stock mounts stretch like crazy under load its no wonder they don't last!!

RickyHenry
07-11-09, 06:27 PM
it should be a pretty solid smooth transition when taking off. Neither of mine rock at all. on my seville, i had to replace the motor mount as it was jerking at take off. Did you use an OEM part or after market?

billiam
07-11-09, 06:43 PM
I guess i used a aftermarket one. Looks the same as the old one. It was manufactured by Anchor which from what i was told, they are the ones who make them for GM. Car takes off and shifts without any noticable noises but it just seems odd how much the mount stretches under load. I guess it's designed that way, i don't know. The one i removed had a GM sticker on it and looked pretty old but with 118,000 miles on the car i doubt it was original.

Ranger
07-12-09, 10:49 PM
There are a couple of motor mount threads in the Northstar section.