: Heated/Cooled Seats Fuse Block

pilot-werx
07-11-09, 03:31 PM
Stupid question...

I am looking at the wiring diagrams for the heated and cooled seats and it says there is 20A fuse located in the "heated cooled seat fuse block.

Any idea where this fuse block is located?

Rolex
07-11-09, 05:34 PM
Under the hood. I'll fetch you a link from one of my posts less then a week old. BRB

Rolex
07-11-09, 05:36 PM
This info is contained within your owner's manual. If you don't have the manual here it is:

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/cadillac/2004-Cadillac-EscaladeESV.pdf

Section 5 pages 114-115

pilot-werx
07-11-09, 08:12 PM
ok, i must be stupid because i cannot find this fuse in the owners manual either. please see the wiring diagram.. i have looked at the underhood panel and the I/P block and cannot locate the 20A fuse...

Rolex
07-12-09, 01:34 AM
Disregard my earlier post. The seat motors fuse may be under the hood, but the fuse for the heated seat elements is in the interior fuse panel. Open the driver's door and look on the end of the dash. Pull off the plastic cover and look for the fuse labeled "IGN3" in the upper left hand.

In the PDF file I linked you to you should review page 5-110.

I'm not sure it will be a fuse problem, but this should help you find it. Best of luck.

pilot-werx
07-12-09, 09:11 AM
It is not the ING3 fuse because the passenger seat works great. With my multimeter, I confirmed I have no power at the orange wire that connects to the seat control module. I am stumped as to the location of that fuse....

pilot-werx
07-13-09, 09:09 AM
wow, what a pain in the butt when it was right in the open. the four fuses were located right next to the steering column. nice to have the drivers seat heater/cooler working again!!