: CTS-V Wagon still not totally off the table!!

jasaero
07-11-09, 04:16 PM
This is mostly about Lutz saying he is going to try and make sure the G8 continues in the USA as a Chevy Caprice, but at the end he points out the Coupe V is basically a done deal and the Wagon V isn't totally off the table. Says he figures they will build at least one V Wagon.

Here it is. The CTS-V comments are at the end.
Automobile Mag article from talk with Bob Lutz. (http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/bob_lutz_pontiac_g8_chevrolet_caprice/index.html)

Hawkeye2
07-11-09, 04:48 PM
Ah dude! I would so trade mine for a wagon! I love the idea of a V wagon.

proexpert
07-11-09, 06:18 PM
Hope they do build the Coupe-V

Razorecko
07-11-09, 06:21 PM
I would swap my V in a second for an AWD wagon in stickshift w/ the lsa....drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooool

jasaero
08-11-09, 12:38 AM
Bumping this because of new info.

There will be more info tomorrow, but the car DOES exist as a study according to tweeters that saw it today. (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/10/from-the-twitterverse-gm-shows-cadillac-3-series-fighting-ats/)

-Apparently GM has a working CTS-V SportWagon on premises and it could arrive as early as next year.

Just gotta keep our fingers crossed I guess.

Razorecko
08-11-09, 09:46 AM

There will be more info tomorrow, but the car DOES exist as a study according to tweeters that saw it today. (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/10/from-the-twitterverse-gm-shows-cadillac-3-series-fighting-ats/)

-Apparently GM has a working CTS-V SportWagon on premises and it could arrive as early as next year.

drool, if it comes with awd and a stickshift i'm all over it like nobody's business

asabase
08-11-09, 10:33 AM
I've gotta say I'm suprised at so much interest - the Dodge Magnum SRT8 was pretty much a flop.

Razorecko
08-11-09, 11:12 AM
I've gotta say I'm suprised at so much interest - the Dodge Magnum SRT8 was pretty much a flop.

ahh but it depends if its awd or rwd

haterinc
08-11-09, 11:29 AM
whew... I'm really glad I'm not the only one thinking this... Those Magnums look like a sport hearse... every time I see one all "murdered out" on dubs flying down the highway I look for the grim reaper to be driving it... while wondering... why?

Dr. Design
08-11-09, 01:48 PM
GM was working on this car for over a year now....The design team built it and it sat for a quite a long time while GM brass tried to figure things out. Good to see them get something out of this...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Prof
08-11-09, 01:53 PM
I'm really, really old...

But the thought of a V Wagon gives me wood!

Me Wanna A V
08-11-09, 02:01 PM
After reading this, I "Googled" it for pics, and came up with this:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/CTS-V%20SportsWagon/Porsche-Power/cadillaccts-vsportwagon.jpg

Click on picture to make it larger.

Looks good to me!!!:thumbsup:

liqidvenom
08-11-09, 02:38 PM
I dont see them selling enough v wagons to be worth the trouble.

Bmw sells more m5's then 5 series wagons in the US. it just isnt worth the trouble to sell them here.

jasaero
08-11-09, 09:12 PM
I really think the right wagons marketed right here will sell well again eventually and even now. Minivans are still have a fresh bad stigma. The crossovers have replaced them, but are still new enough that they aren't yet seen as "uncool". Once the crossover has been around 20 years or so I expect wagons could make a comeback and that point isn't too many years off so getting in the game now would be a good time.

Really though I have always loved wagons, so I am not at all impartial. Really though I truly think it will just take one that is done right and marketed well for them to come back. Really stuff like the Ford Flex and Toyota Venza are just oversized high riding wagons with unique styling. I think a more traditionally setup wagon with the right styling and marketing could sell quite well.

mastequila
08-11-09, 10:07 PM
History does tend to repeat itself. A wagon revival would be awesome. Still waiting for the revived Don Johnson cuffed jeans look of the 80s though. :eek:

I really think the right wagons marketed right here will sell well again eventually and even now. Minivans are still have a fresh bad stigma. The crossovers have replaced them, but are still new enough that they aren't yet seen as "uncool". Once the crossover has been around 20 years or so I expect wagons could make a comeback and that point isn't too many years off so getting in the game now would be a good time.

Really though I have always loved wagons, so I am not at all impartial. Really though I truly think it will just take one that is done right and marketed well for them to come back. Really stuff like the Ford Flex and Toyota Venza are just oversized high riding wagons with unique styling. I think a more traditionally setup wagon with the right styling and marketing could sell quite well.

liqidvenom
08-11-09, 10:08 PM
people love wagons, but people dont buy wagons and thats the sad truth.

only volvo manages to sell a wagon decently and thats more of extremely loyal following then anything else.

nc09v2
08-11-09, 10:54 PM
A V wagon would be pretty cool and....dare I say it....tempting, but for reference, Mercedes sold the E63 wagon in the US from 2007 to 2009, and I believe that less than 500 were delivered, so it would likely be a very small market for a V wagon. I bet it would export pretty well though. I hope they build it.

jasaero
08-12-09, 12:55 AM
people love wagons, but people dont buy wagons and thats the sad truth.

only volvo manages to sell a wagon decently and thats more of extremely loyal following then anything else.

You ever thought about the fact maybe people who love wagons aren't fond of Volvo, BMW, MB, Audi, Subaru, VW, Dodge, or the few others that have recently or do usually offer some wagon?? I like wagons, but none of the brands that carry them. Often thought of going for a VW, BMW, or Audi wagon, but they are tough to find even though they usually import some for most model years. I really think there is a missing link going on with wagon sales and the brands that offer them.

Zexnos
09-18-09, 12:46 PM
*cough*

http://jalopnik.com/5362602/cadillac-cts+v-sportwagon-is-go

Lets hope this sticks!

:thumbsup: