: Mystery on 390 ci intake manifold

Baziscaddy
07-11-09, 02:42 PM
Hi guys I am hoping someone can help me with a problem i have rebuilding a 390 ci engine.:thumbsup:
The cylinder head had to come off of this engine when a exhaust gas leak occurred at the exhaust manifold. this was doen some many months ago and i have now been involved in the rebuilding of the same, as it was subsequently discovered that the intake manifold was also badly cracked around both centre ports. This has been successfully welded, however having refitted this i have discovered that the hole for the choke heat pipe (as per picture) has been welded up, so it will need to come off of the car again to be drilled out. Also there is a tube/pipe coming out of the lower section of the carburetor and i do not know what it is that attaches to it?:histeric:and what is for.
Can anyone help please with both these questions.
Not sure if my photos have been attached OK, if not please give me an email address and i'll forward them.
Many thanks
Barry

05devilledave
07-12-09, 06:17 PM
I have a 67 fleetwood with a 429 engine. Which is in the same family as the 331,365, and 390. I have had my engine apart and know it pretty well. I dont see any pictures on your post. If you can send them to my email address at davelong667@yahoo.com, I can get a better idea of whats going on. thanks