: 92 Deville vs 04 Grand Marquis

Mr. '92
07-11-09, 04:03 AM
I have a 1992 DeVille, 4.9 litre engine, 200 HP, etc. My friend has a 2004 Grand Marquis, 4.6 litre, 224 HP, etc. He thinks his car is better than mine. What do my non-bias friends at the Cadillac Forums have to say.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-11-09, 08:50 AM
You have a Cadillac, he has a Mercury.

End of story.

Rodya234
07-11-09, 11:44 AM
Now from most people, especially young people "my car is better." usually equals "my car is faster/looks better/flashier/etc."

The '04 Grand Marquis has 0-60 of 8.59 seconds with the 224hp V8. Point one for the Deville, its 0-60 of 8.2 is just a little bit faster. The Deville also weighs about 500lbs less.

Looks? Come on. Its a Cadillac vs. a Mercury. :histeric:

Hell, the Cadillac even wins at rated fuel economy!

Mr. '92
07-11-09, 04:02 PM
I'm glad you guys see it the way I do. If it helps, I also have leather seats. :thumbsup:

SDCaddyLacky
07-12-09, 03:04 AM
A Town Car would be a better comparison :thumbsup:, but even so, Cadillac has always been ahead of Lincoln when it comes to Technology, performance, styling, and overall luxury.

Lincolns are great cars though, mainly the 60's and 70's Lincolns which had class, awesome styling, and very high build quality, but the newer modern Town Cars feel ancient especially compared to the 94 Deville's when it got the Northstar engine, Cads also feel more refined.

inurok
08-17-09, 06:01 AM
A Town Car would be a better comparison :thumbsup:, but even so, Cadillac has always been ahead of Lincoln when it comes to Technology, performance, styling, and overall luxury.

Lincolns are great cars though, mainly the 60's and 70's Lincolns which had class, awesome styling, and very high build quality, but the newer modern Town Cars feel ancient especially compared to the 94 Deville's when it got the Northstar engine, Cads also feel more refined.

What current Cadillac beats a lincoln towncars ride and quietness in the cabin? What car in general beats a towncars ride? I love my caddy but my towncar beats it for ride quality hands down and that cars 15 years old! Now as far a technology even a 1990 cadillac is more advanced than a towncar lol