: Any High performance CTS-V shops in So Kali

Gary Wells
07-10-09, 11:09 PM
Anybody know of any high performance shops in So Kali specializing in CTS-V's?

Luna.
07-11-09, 01:09 PM
Several. Look at the top of this page and you'll see an advertisement for D3, who specializes in Cadillacs.

A&A Corvette also does good work on Caddys, as does RPM motors (Charlie is an awesome tuner). They are farther from you, if you are in Long Beach though.

I haven't heard of a good shop in Orange County though...:nono:

Gary Wells
07-11-09, 01:25 PM
Luna:
Many thanks. I really don't know why I did not think of those possibilities as I know of or have talked to Charlie at RPM Motors and Andy Green of A & A Corvettes. Had no idea. I think that Charlie is just out in the valley somewhere. Have you an address or contact info for Charlie? When I met him, he was tuner at L.A.P.D. Great guy. I'll be taking my new '09 CTS-V to Donut Derelict's some Saturday for the early morning car show / cruise? Interested?
Drop me a P.M.
TIA/R: Gary Wells

GM-4-LIFE
07-11-09, 02:40 PM
I am going to have Doug over at Dynamic Tuning Solutions (DTS) tune my 09 V soon.

They are located in Reseda, CA which is off the 101 fwy.

Give em a call.

818-705-4387

You will be very pleased with the results. I had "others" tune my previous vehicles and feel that Doug is an all around better, more experienced tuner, not to mention an awesome guy to chat with.

Hit em up! You will be very pleased with the results.

SG

Gary Wells
07-12-09, 12:55 PM
Thanks, AERO1, please keep us posted as to the results. D3 is right around the corner from me, maybe 5 miles away from me, but I am leaning towards Charlie at RPM Motors, Andy Green at A & A Corvette, who are famous amongst the vette clan for their tuning skills, and might talk to Dynamic tuning Solutions before deciding who to go with.
TIA/R: Gary Wells

KatMcRat
07-12-09, 04:19 PM
Charlie did an awesome job on our Z06 when he was working with LAPD. The best part was he was using LS1edit at the time and gave me a copy of the tune so that we could log it at the track and Pat could make changes in real world conditions. Dyno numbers are great but just a tool in my experience.

I keep saying I'm going to keep my car stock. Pat says that will all change if I can only run a 12.doh :histeric:

Gary Wells
07-12-09, 04:30 PM
I met Charlie when I was considering having LAPD put a tune on my C5ZO6. I really liked Charlie and have complete confidence in his skills. Now LAPD was a different story altogether though. Andy Green at A & A Corvettes is a real guru, too, especially when it comes to supercharging.

Luna.
07-12-09, 10:16 PM
I am going to have Doug over at Dynamic Tuning Solutions (DTS) tune my 09 V soon.

They are located in Reseda, CA which is off the 101 fwy.

Give em a call.

818-705-4387

You will be very pleased with the results. I had "others" tune my previous vehicles and feel that Doug is an all around better, more experienced tuner, not to mention an awesome guy to chat with.

Hit em up! You will be very pleased with the results.

SG

Good call Aero.

In my humble opinion, Charlie is better at tuning, but Andy is better at the mechanical. I liked it much more when they were a team... :eek:

thunder gray
07-13-09, 12:22 AM
Gary: Keep us posted on who you go with and what you have done. I live up in Northern CA and just picked up my V, around 50 miles on it. Will be putting my house on the market soon for a move down south, somewhere between Temecula and Escondido.