: Thank you Shout out to CadillacSTS2003

ThumperPup
07-10-09, 09:59 PM
Hey Jason just wnated to say thank you
so mouch for all the help today and getting this in today

it started to reconize the antena like 10 miles from my house LOL
so will see how it does over the next few days and hopefully i wont need to get another antena

Thanks

Ross

hey to eveyrone if you want a navi get hooked up with the harness from Jason
hes the Man

i jsut got my navi OEM put in my 2000 seville and i love it

ThumperPup
07-11-09, 12:31 PM
not very clear but just a few pictures i took on the way hope

also i was wondering

from the disanostic screan the one where i am at on this picture that says what the satlite signals are at the time
how do i get back to the map i hit the hard key map button and it wont go back to the map i have tried to hit many other buttons and the only way to get back to the map is to shut the car downa and then turn it back on
what am i doing wrong

and i am also
when i put in the password 7191 i think that was it it wont do anythng i have to put in just 719 and it works isnt it suposed to be a 4 digit code to work the dvd and open the screan in drive ?

chazglenn3
07-11-09, 01:44 PM
You can't get out of the diagnostic screen without turning the unit off. The code to play DVDs in drive should be 1791. Glad you got it installed and working. My unit didn't find the satellities until I had driven a short distance too.

ThumperPup
07-11-09, 04:53 PM
You can't get out of the diagnostic screen without turning the unit off. The code to play DVDs in drive should be 1791. Glad you got it installed and working. My unit didn't find the satellities until I had driven a short distance too.

yeah i screwed up on the numbers but when i evenr 1791 it doenst do anyting but stay on the number screan
but it i hit 179 it works fine how come its only taking 3 digits and not 4 ?

and the drive home was more than a short distance it was more like 2 hours before it would work the first time now it tkaes abotu 2 to 3 minutes to get a signal but still
i didnt think it should take that long and it also looses the signal fast if i go under a brige so
thats why me and jason think it is the antena that is bad just a cheap one that i got of ebay the clarion so im goingt o get a kenwood or a oem
was looking on gm direct saw oem for liek 44 dollar i think plus shiping so might get that one

chazglenn3
07-12-09, 04:13 PM
After you put in 1791, then push "enter", then press "return" or ("RTN"). Then all of the functions will work in drive except entering route information. That procedure is in here somewhere, too...I just don't remember where I read it.

ThumperPup
07-13-09, 02:46 PM
iv got alot of things to still learn about the unit but alot of things figured out already from trial and eror
but am curiouse to see how to get into the navi functions when in drive
just took my first road trip with it this weekend
noticed in some areas like going on I-80 between sandusky and toledo the GPS signal would get lost a few times sometime for up to 5 minutes or so but then it would come back and then go again
so not sure if that is somting that is normal and if it is just hte antena that is not a good one
i contacted them on ebay where i got it they said they would send a knew one out but if
that is going to be the problem again i told them i just want a refund becouse i cant be using my time ot take the antena out and put it in to find out i need ot get a better antena again

also i dont understand why they would not make a way to get from the disagnostic screan back to the navi screan

chazglenn3
07-14-09, 12:55 AM
I would try the new antenna they are sending. The one I have from them works great. They didn't design the unit to be put into diagnostic mode by the consumer, so that is why you can't swap screens readily.

ThumperPup
07-14-09, 11:06 AM
I would try the new antenna they are sending. The one I have from them works great. They didn't design the unit to be put into diagnostic mode by the consumer, so that is why you can't swap screens readily.

they actualy decided to refund my money becouse i was worried that the new one wouldnt work i think im just going to search for a OEM antena i think i can probaby find one at a bone yard for like 10 bucks i have to go back up to the area in MI where i go tmy unit this week so im going to ask them if they still have the car out there with the antena in it

if not ill look for oem or kenwood

so they jsut refunded my money

also how come the navi unit doesnt display anyting like you speed or how fast you are going is there a way to put that in there
i know my speed sensor is off on the spedometer by like 2 or mph becouse my old navi gps unit would tell me how fast i was really going how come this doenst tell you that

chazglenn3
07-14-09, 11:15 PM
It just wasn't designed that way. Just so you know, the OEM GPS antenna was under the rear package shelf, so if you have to pull it in the boneyard there is a lot of cable involved.

ThumperPup
07-15-09, 10:29 AM
It just wasn't designed that way. Just so you know, the OEM GPS antenna was under the rear package shelf, so if you have to pull it in the boneyard there is a lot of cable involved.

oh yikes it hink im just going to hope i find a OEM or kenwood on ebay on the cheap becsoue i really want the better signal strangh im worried ill be on a road trip and my adress ill be going to is somewhere that i wont get a single or somthing or if i take a wrong turn and there is no signal to reroute me it will just let me keep driving the wrong way LOL

once im in drive and already driving and want to get to the screan to be able to sue the navi whyll im drive how do i get to the proepr screan and code place to enter the code to use it when im not in park

chazglenn3
07-15-09, 10:00 PM
Here is the procedure to input navigation information while driving...hopefully your passenger is doing it...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/118939-srx-solution-unlock-navigation-while-driving.html

ThumperPup
07-16-09, 12:01 AM
Here is the procedure to input navigation information while driving...hopefully your passenger is doing it...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/118939-srx-solution-unlock-navigation-while-driving.html

one ? whats a passenger lol

thank you