: Headers adjusted, no CEL, new mods and dyno numbers

kencav
07-10-09, 07:19 PM
MY installer spent lots of time on phone with Jesse today- added bungs and repositioned o2 sensors- installed 9.5 pulley- ADJUSTED P VALVE WHICH IS BOOST CONTROL BYPASS VALVE PER JESSE

Dyno numbers- 568 rwhp 570 ft lbs torque 11.5 a/f ratio - timing perfect no knock at all- boost at 14.2 psi

Above with AR Headers, 9.5 pulley, CAI/Airbox mod and p valve capping

Pleased- in Seatle will get home Sunday- pick up car Monday

Glad we stuck with Jesse on header problem

Thx for previos input here guys

Am still deciding on keeping Corsa with setup or going to stock mufflers

4gear70
07-10-09, 08:02 PM
That's great news! Glad to hear you got all your issues sorted out.
Nice numbers too! :)

neuronbob
07-10-09, 08:06 PM
Great numbers! Glad you didn't throw in the towel! Jesse comes through again...

jwa999
07-10-09, 09:07 PM
Sweet Lord, those are great numbers for an Automatic.
Congrats, Kencav, I'm getting jealous!
Still think it's too loud after tuning? Let is know.

Hans.

RapidRob
07-10-09, 10:18 PM
Congrats Kencav - glad you got it all sorted with Jesse's help! Are you thinking about adding the 2.55 snout pulley later? That might get you real close to 600 rwhp ...

Rob

kencav
07-11-09, 01:41 AM
Hans the noise is really a by product of the headers and corsa- it is loud but not as loud and less drone than WFM exhaust but in retrospect WFM exhaust and stock mufflers would have been best combo. But now that we have a header solution that doesn't involve turning off 02 SENSORS ARH's are agreat option and Nick is very communcative and open to our thoughts and concerns

600 HP to the wheels no problem- according to Jesse 10.5 pulley ring should do it- BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY RESULT WAS CAPPING THE P-VALVE/BY PASS valve on boost controller- Jesse told my installer to do this AND I AM NOT SURE EVERYONE HAS BEEN?

Torque numbers- my installer, who is also a tuner was SHOCKED at the low end torque and torque pickup in general with the P-VALVE CAPPING- we picked up 2 lbs boost and 40(!) ft lbs torque

The greatest thing is we are still running Jesses tune which is safe and efficient. I am sure other people are posting great numbers and not having to modify things like headers by simply "shutting certain things off". I took a leap of faith with Jesse and was not prepared to jump ship at the first sign of controversy

And yes these numbers on an automatic look great

Nutz
07-11-09, 02:45 AM
Epic thread.:yup:

Gary Wells
07-11-09, 07:58 AM
Kencav:
Are these #'s with the heat exchanger modification you mentioned in another thread or not? Great #'s and a great show of faith.

kencav
07-11-09, 09:30 AM
These numbers are with the heat exchanger mod- and this was installed BEFORE- I had it painted black then reinstalled- this mod really helps mostly when DRIVING - as Jesse and my installer pointed out hard to simulate 100 mph air coming across grills with fans!

kencav
07-11-09, 09:39 AM
Also Jesse's tune was spot on with the timing- as we know certain levels of knock and subsequent detonation are death to these supercharged engines- the car was spot on timing wise even after some heat soaking after being ran most of the day at the shop- ENGINE KNOCK SENSORS ARE ACTUALLY OVER SENSITIVE FROM THE FACTORY- Jesse accounts for this in his tune- are other tuners actually aware of this?- I don't know.:hmm:

OKC_CTSV
07-11-09, 11:47 AM
600 HP to the wheels no problem- according to Jesse 10.5 pulley ring should do it- BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY RESULT WAS CAPPING THE P-VALVE/BY PASS valve on boost controller- Jesse told my installer to do this AND I AM NOT SURE EVERYONE HAS BEEN?

Hey kencav, I have the WFM 2.55 pulley installed, do i need to do the P-Valve/By Pass capping and if so, how is that done? Thanks!

kencav
07-11-09, 12:06 PM
My installer did it AFTER calling Jesse- I believe it was relatively easy- no additional hardware

I will post on moday or give Jesse a call

I am the "financeer", not the "engineer"!

Luna.
07-11-09, 01:18 PM
ENGINE KNOCK SENSORS ARE ACTUALLY OVER SENSITIVE FROM THE FACTORY- Jesse accounts for this in his tune- are other tuners actually aware of this?- I don't know.:hmm:

What exactly does this mean?

kencav
07-11-09, 10:46 PM
LUNA- the topic bears a discussion IMO so I started a separate thread to try to answer and discuss this ?

rp161
07-13-09, 08:18 AM
There is alot to learn from these issues. Thanks for not giving up.

Gtpgreek
07-17-09, 10:33 AM
best upgrades for the car ? if you dont want to go with headers only because of warranty issues for now ?

liqidvenom
07-17-09, 10:14 PM
nice power levels...

( its a load of horse shit that you are so damn powerful with just so little amount of mods. freaking horse shit)

ctsv5005
07-17-09, 10:59 PM
what is p valve clapping? what does it do? sorry, im a beginner.