: Just got back from the dyno!!!

stealthjr
07-10-09, 04:30 PM
Hey all...

I just wanted to share my dyno numbers so others can see and compare.

My car is bone stock with ZERO mods, has a manual trans, and car only had 309 miles on it. It was 104 degrees outside, and I drove almost 40 minutes to the dyno with less than a 30 minute cool down before making the pulls.

456.70rwhp and 448.16 ft lbs. (Air fuel peak at horsepower peak was just a hair above 10:1)

Then I removed the 3 screws holding on the top of the air filter and propped it up about 2-3 inches without actually removing the top of the filter box. The only cool down was the 10 minutes max it took to pull the screws and lift the box for the next run.

485.22rwhp and 453.38 ft lbs. (Air fuel peak at horsepower peak was just a hair above 11.5:1)

So, it appears the extra horsepower came from leaning the car out and forcing some air down it's throat! With such a huge gain with the intake modded...I have convinced myself I am going to buy the intake "pipe" and then modify the lower stock box.

Looking at the A/F ratio. I see no reason for tuning with just the airbox mod...although I wonder if the computer will re-learn or adjust anything after significant miles with this modification. Does anyone with EXPERIENCE know the answer to this? I will probably do a dyno run with the new pipe and lower airbox mod...then return in 100 or so miles and re-dyno and check for myself.

See ya!

Robert

Greg*
07-11-09, 02:42 PM
I will probably do a dyno run with the new pipe and lower airbox mod...then return in 100 or so miles and re-dyno and check for myself.

See ya!

Robert

Just curious, are you dynoing at ADM in Lewisville.

stealthjr
07-11-09, 05:11 PM
Just curious, are you dynoing at ADM in Lewisville.

No, I used the dyno at Speedtek Performance in Bedford!

Robert

Razorecko
07-11-09, 05:27 PM
i'm running the w4m's 4" TB & the new era 4in intake on the plain ole' stock tune...I already had a base dyno done locally and am waiting to put on about 1k miles on this setup before i go back for another run to see how the computer adjusted for everything. Otherwiise outside of that i have absolutely no issues on the stock tune. Although the motor was was weak to move untill i pulled off that brake duct scoop to let fresh air hit the filter - than it realllly opened up.

stealthjr
07-12-09, 12:52 PM
When you say "base" tune. I assume that means "stock as delivered by Cadillac"? If so, I think it would be important to dyno immediately after the installation of the TB and CAI...THEN wait 500 miles or so and re-dyno. This would give you the immediate number after installation and then you would be able to get an idea from hp numbers and A/F numbers if the computer compensated for the new mods.

Obviously, all of these dyno runs should be on the same dyno.

Good luck!

Robert

Nutz
07-12-09, 02:42 PM
Hey all...

I just wanted to share my dyno numbers so others can see and compare.

My car is bone stock with ZERO mods, has a manual trans, and car only had 309 miles on it. It was 104 degrees outside, and I drove almost 40 minutes to the dyno with less than a 30 minute cool down before making the pulls.

456.70rwhp and 448.16 ft lbs. (Air fuel peak at horsepower peak was just a hair above 10:1)

Then I removed the 3 screws holding on the top of the air filter and propped it up about 2-3 inches without actually removing the top of the filter box. The only cool down was the 10 minutes max it took to pull the screws and lift the box for the next run.

485.22rwhp and 453.38 ft lbs. (Air fuel peak at horsepower peak was just a hair above 11.5:1)

So, it appears the extra horsepower came from leaning the car out and forcing some air down it's throat! With such a huge gain with the intake modded...I have convinced myself I am going to buy the intake "pipe" and then modify the lower stock box.

Looking at the A/F ratio. I see no reason for tuning with just the airbox mod...although I wonder if the computer will re-learn or adjust anything after significant miles with this modification. Does anyone with EXPERIENCE know the answer to this? I will probably do a dyno run with the new pipe and lower airbox mod...then return in 100 or so miles and re-dyno and check for myself.

See ya!

RobertI just installed the W4me Cai and 160 thermostat. The cai is such an effective way to get air in that my car is acting noticeably lean. I STRONGLY recommend a program or PCM with this mod. I am not going to boost the car until the W4me PCM shows up tues. Remember, there is a significant change in h.p. after a few bolt-ons on these cars and a lean condition should be respected. My .02$

Great dyno pull btw. :cool:

Razorecko
07-12-09, 06:10 PM
I have never ever heard in my life of a cai creating a lean condition. Rich, most def but never lean. Unless you put the cai literally 15min/ a few miles away from the dyno and dyno'd it when it was barely beginning to adjust its a/f theres something awry. I hope to get on the dyno soon and see how my setup is doing by the oem tune.