: I am having a bad day...

fierodough
07-10-09, 02:41 PM
My truck is at the dealer to have something repaired (same damn thing 3 times now) and they put me in a 2009 Cadillac DTS. Nice car but seemed to lack some "pep" compared to the other DTS I have driven...

Anyhow, this morning I leave for work LATE. I have the wife kid and baby in the car. A few blocks from my house, the car DIES. All the lights and gages lit up, service stabilitrac flashed on the display and then I coasted to a stop about 50 feet from a major intersection. WTF?? it's a 2009!

Apparently people in Ottawa are to retarded to know what flashing hazard lights mean and honk at me repetitively. I call the dealership, They refer me to Budget who refers me to a 1-800 roadside number who refers me back to budget... 1 hour later the car gets towed and I am crammed in another rental.

Now my truck is ready an hour later. Yay!

This afternoon, I get a call from the dealership, they say there is water in the gas. But better yet, they say I am responsible for it. They claim that either i got bad gas. (Possible since I gassed up just before parking the car last night) or the car was vandalized. (who would dump water in a gas tank??? there are so many other things that a vandal can do)

Anyhow, they are sticking me with the bill for a new fuel pump, dumping the bad gas and cleaning the tank etc.. About $1600.00

So I called my insurance and will hopefully hear about this on monday...

bstiffmanofsteel
07-10-09, 03:25 PM
Wow...

TSS
07-10-09, 04:21 PM
Wow...

X2 That sucks. If the car was in a garage all night, I would tell them to scr*w. If your gas killed the car, then everybody who bought gas from that station would have a similar problem - check that out too. If in fact you did put bad gas in the car, sorry to say, I would pay up and then recover from the gas station. I feel for you.

sillyboi
07-10-09, 05:35 PM
Maybe the previous renter put water in it.. what a set up.

fierodough
07-10-09, 05:54 PM
I have a suspission that it was the gas station. But good luck proving it... Unless many people had the same problem. I called my insurance company. I am covered with them but need to pay $500 deductible..

fierodough
07-16-09, 01:59 PM
If anyone is interested, here is a thread on another forum with the status thus far.

http://www.j-body.com/community/showthread.php?t=28261

I have a feeling the dealership is trying to pull a fast one one my during these harsh financial times for the automotive industry.

luxurylife33
07-16-09, 10:13 PM
That is ridiculous .... what a scam, i would have been pisssssed

fierodough
09-15-09, 10:48 AM
Here is the update!

Budget ended up paying the deductible for my insurance company after I threatened leagal action. My wounds were healing and i gave the dealer another try. I dropped off my truck for service on Wendnesday Sept. 9th.

I had to leave for a conference in the USA on Thursday the 10th. and TODAY I find this e-mail in my inbox at work:

Sent: September 10, 2009 1:21 PM
To: Eric.Villeneuve
Cc: Marc Seguin [mseguin@myers.ca]; bob rintoul [brintoul@myers.ca];
Subject: Internet Blog

Good morning Eric,

We were contacted by General Motors about some blogs and posts you made on the j-body and Cadillac forums. A GM rep came accross them and contacted the Customer Care Centre and asked them to contact us.Thank you for the positive comments you previously posted about the great service Myers and myself have provided you in the past. But I am saddened and dissapointed that you would now present Myers and myself (by name)in such a negative light concerning the issues with the Budget rental during the summer. You posted in your blog that the only reason you were being charged for the repairs was for Myers' financial gain due to the poor economy. This is not only inacurate but it is slanderous. In one post on j-body.com you even insinuated that Myers was fraudulently performing repairs on the rental in order to hold you responsible for the cost of the repairs Here is your quote-"I'm starting to think something else was up and they are trying to make me pay for repairs..". The rental clearly had a non warrantable breakdown due to contaminated fuel and throughout the entire repair process Myers and myself not only kept you fully informed of what was going on with the repairs but it was Myers and myself that pressured Budget to absorb your insurance deductible. So the only one who truly gained finalcially was yourself.

You quoted later in a post that "Calling my insurance company was a knee jerk reaction to the threats from the dealer. I admit that I panicked at the high cost of repairs combined with having to pay the additional rental costs for ever day the car is down.". I fail to see how Myers or more inportantly myself threatened you. You quoted in one post, an e-mail that I had sent to you with the estimate breakdown but forgot to include the part where I suggest you contact your insurance company or credit card provider to see if they can offer assistance. Doesn't sound threatening to me.

You also posted the original estimate given to you was $1600.00. The insurance company said it was $830.00 . The dollar amounts don't matter. What matters is the fact you didn't mention that the estimate we gave vs the insurance estimates were different because the insurance company may have been pricing out used or aftermarket parts and the labor they allow is usually less time than the job actually takes.Any body shop can verify this. So no... we were not trying to "take you to the cleaners".

You failed to mention in any of your posts that fact that Myers and Budget were hoping to not have that incident tarnish our buisness relationship and even after Budget had paid your deductible the fact that they are still willing to allow you to drive their vehicles. Our service Director even sent an e-mail to Budget pleading your case. Due to privacy issues this e-mail is not attached but is available for you to read if you choose.

Myers Cadillac Chevrolet is the number one dealer in customer satisfaction in the country and have been for over a year and a half. We got that way by treating all of our customers with dignity, compassion and respect. Something else you also failed to mention.

As far as the current repairs to your Escalade they will be treated the same as any other Cadillac customer but after that it may be best that Myers and yourself part ways as we obviously cannot provide you with the level of service you require.

Feel free to post this e-mail in any of your posts and blogs so the public can hear both sides of the story.

Cory Egan
Service Consultant
Myers Cadillac Chevrolet
1200 Baseline Rd Ottawa On
K2C-0A6
613-225-1260

Nothing edited, nothing changed.
I am in the process of replying to this e-mail, but I will go have a nice calming coffee before hand in order to not be excessively rude..

fierodough
09-15-09, 10:55 AM
most of the story can be found here: http://www.j-body.com/community/showthread.php?t=28261

But this is my response to the e-mail:

Sent: September 10, 2009 1:21 PM
To: Eric.Villeneuve
Cc: Marc Seguin [mseguin@myers.ca]; bob rintoul [brintoul@myers.ca];
Subject: Internet Blog

Good morning Eric,

We were contacted by General Motors about some blogs and posts you made on the j-body and Cadillac forums. A GM rep came accross them and contacted the Customer Care Centre and asked them to contact us.

Nice to see that some GM reps care enough to escalate our concerns and are also roaming around on these boards.

Thank you for the positive comments you previously posted about the great service Myers and myself have provided you in the past.

I believe that feedback should not only be negative. When I leave an establishment as a satisfied customer, I make sure to leave appropriate feedback to management and let them know of a job well done.

But I am saddened and disappointed that you would now present Myers and myself (by name)in such a negative light concerning the issues with the Budget rental during the summer.

I see nothing wrong with the post I have made here about Myers or about yourself. You will note that i simply named you out and I even went as far as saying that I do not believe that your are to blame in this situation.

You posted in your blog that the only reason you were being charged for the repairs was for Myers' financial gain due to the poor economy. This is not only inaccurate but it is slanderous. In one post on j-body.com you even insinuated that Myers was fraudulently performing repairs on the rental in order to hold you responsible for the cost of the repairs Here is your quote-"I'm starting to think something else was up and they are trying to make me pay for repairs..". The rental clearly had a non warrantable breakdown due to contaminated fuel and throughout the entire repair process Myers and myself not only kept you fully informed of what was going on with the repairs but it was Myers and myself that pressured Budget to absorb your insurance deductible. So the only one who truly gained finalcially was yourself.

I am sorry Mr. Egan, but to this day I still believe that I was wronged and I stand behind my statements.

Why were you in contact with me for a repair on a Budget vehicle? Had the car been rented from Enterprise a few blocks down or from AVIS, would you of contacted me? Or is the fact that this Budget counter is INSIDE the Myers dealership have anything to do with it?

What relationship does this Budget counter have with Myers? Funny thing is that all the Budget vehicles at this counter were purchased from Myers. I assume that Myers owns this Budget franchise.

And HOW did I benefit from this financially? Did Budget give me the car to keep? I did not get as much as a free cup of coffee from this. How have I gained??

You quoted later in a post that "Calling my insurance company was a knee jerk reaction to the threats from the dealer. I admit that I panicked at the high cost of repairs combined with having to pay the additional rental costs for ever day the car is down.". I fail to see how Myers or more inportantly myself threatened you. You quoted in one post, an e-mail that I had sent to you with the estimate breakdown but forgot to include the part where I suggest you contact your insurance company or credit card provider to see if they can offer assistance. Doesn't sound threatening to me.

Here is the actual E-mail you sent me:

Sent: July 10, 2009 2:07 PM
To: eric.villeneuve
Subject: rental vehicle repairs

Hi Eric,

Further to our conversation here is a written version of the diagnostic procedures and findings on the rental car that broke down on you this morning.

Upon vehicle arrival-verified no start concern. Scan checked for codes. Code P0300 misfire in system. Remove fuel filler cap, found water sitting on top of filler neck under cap. Checked the fuel rail at the engine to find water there also. Suspect either contaminated fuel from gas station or vandalism.

The fuel tank will have to be removed, fuel drained and fuel lines flushed. The tank will then be cleaned. The fuel pump (module) will have to be replaced as it has been damaged as a result of contamination.

Cost of the repair breakdown as follows.

Fuel pump $ 642.00
2 cans of fuel treatment $ 50.38
Labor 3.5 hrs at 109.00/hr= 381.50 (includes cleaning tank and flushing lines)
Refil tank with new fuel $ 60.00 (aprox)
Lost rental revenue from Budget (to be determined based on vehicle down time).

I would suggest calling your insurance company, and/or Credit card issuer to see what, if any coverage they offer.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call me.

Best Regards,
Cory

When I read this, ESPECIALLY with the LOST RENTAL REVENUE, I read it as pay me now, settle this in order to not have to pay more. Sounds threatening to me.

You also posted the original estimate given to you was $1600.00. The insurance company said it was $830.00 . The dollar amounts don't matter. What matters is the fact you didn't mention that the estimate we gave vs the insurance estimates were different because the insurance company may have been pricing out used or aftermarket parts and the labor they allow is usually less time than the job actually takes.Any body shop can verify this. So no... we were not trying to "take you to the cleaners".

Cory, was the fuel pump my insurance company paid for used? Did you put a USED can a fuel treatment in the car? Did you put USED gas in the car? The insurance company will pay the book rate for repairs. So where is this magical used part that my insurance company saved over half the repair amount with?

You failed to mention in any of your posts that fact that Myers and Budget were hoping to not have that incident tarnish our buisness relationship and even after Budget had paid your deductible the fact that they are still willing to allow you to drive their vehicles. Our service Director even sent an e-mail to Budget pleading your case. Due to privacy issues this e-mail is not attached but is available for you to read if you choose.

My Escalade is at your shop right now, that is called giving you another chance. You failed to mention that I asked for YOU specifically to look after my truck. I specifically asked for YOU to be my service adviser. I would ASSUME that this meant our relationship was NOT tarnished. Until NOW.

Myers Cadillac Chevrolet is the number one dealer in customer satisfaction in the country and have been for over a year and a half. We got that way by treating all of our customers with dignity, compassion and respect. Something else you also failed to mention.

No actually, I have not failed to mention this. Actually, most people on this forum are sick and tired of hearing me boast about your quality service. If you only knew how many people I have sent your way. Including family. Yes, Dan Villeneuve and the red CTS. Ralph with the 2006 White STS in for a head gasket NOT under warranty. I even sent people over to buy their Cadillac from Myers.

As far as the current repairs to your Escalade they will be treated the same as any other Cadillac customer but after that it may be best that Myers and yourself part ways as we obviously cannot provide you with the level of service you require.

I agree, and after this post, perhaps your level of service will not suit others as well.

Feel free to post this e-mail in any of your posts and blogs so the public can hear both sides of the story.

Done, and you will agree that I have not changed anything in your message and I am fully transparent.

The sad part, is this incident was almost totally forgotten! I brought my truck back there and continued to send them business!

Looks allot like Jesda's experience with Chrysler. :helpless:

sfv41901
09-15-09, 12:06 PM
Funny this happened, because about 1 year ago, I had my other car in at Beverly Hills Auto Body getting some body work done. They had a rental unit on their propriety, so I was put into a new Lexus RX330. Make a long story short.....the exact same thing happened to me, but I wasn’t told that I would be held liable. They valued me as a repeat customer, so they took car of all of the repairs.

I guess Myers just doesn’t give a rats a** about "repeat customers" :thepan:

Really sucks that had to go through that.:grouphug:

luxurylife33
09-15-09, 11:24 PM
Wow, thats no way for any service adviser to speak to a customer. Its clear he being an ass in a subliminal way.... he's trying to tell you off while still trying to satisfy GM, because he's knows they're going to see this. As an independent party (and not siding with you because we own the same truck) ..... I can say that guy Cory is a piece of work. I would have done something a little different, instead of asking for Cory as your service advisor, I would have asked specifically for someone else in that dealership. Good to know GM is watching the forums .... hopefully someone from there will pm me about my suspension issue! :)