: Ordering 2010 in Days, Can You Look This Over?

C6ZR1
07-10-09, 10:21 AM
To the experts on the board, I would appreciate it if you would offer suggestions or if it appears that I am missing anything on my planned order for a 2010 CTS-V. I will probably order the car on Saturday.

30U Thunder Gray
195 Ebony Leather
MN6 Manual 6-Speed
UAV NAV w/Bose 5.1
N45 Steering Wheel and Shift Knob-Sueded
CFN Sunroof Option "NOT DESIRED" SUNROOF DELETE
W2E Recaro Seats

Question--Opinions on Base or Polished wheels with my color combo, please?

Anything else? Don't need block heater, I live in Florida.

Thanks again for the input.

C6ZR1

mik2718
07-10-09, 10:49 AM
I prefer the look of the polished wheels with any color combo, including yours.

neuronbob
07-10-09, 11:52 AM
Polished wheels look better. Not too blingy, not awfully plain like the painted wheels.

Nutz
07-10-09, 12:23 PM
Stainless pedals?

4gear70
07-10-09, 12:30 PM
Stainless pedals?

They automatically come with the Recaro Seats option.

In my opinion, the polished wheels look much better than the painted ones.

Gary Wells
07-10-09, 12:58 PM
I just took delivery yesterday of almost the identical same car, and I wished that mine would have been avilable with the titanium interior rather than the ebony. And I agree with everybody else that the polished wheels look better than the standard issue painted ones, unless you plan some sort of customization later on the wheels. Mine's an auto, which I wanted, painted wheels which I am OK with, as I am going to do something on my wheels, and ebony interior which I wish that it was titanium. HTH

demorgan59
07-10-09, 01:02 PM
Wood trim package?

vperl
07-10-09, 02:11 PM
Wood trim package?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Talked to my local dealership they claim they have a wood trim package that they can install, in their custom shop

Hawkeye2
07-10-09, 02:17 PM
I would go polished rims (I did) and I have the wood grain trim. It is a dark wood, not bright like some cars have. I think it adds a touch
of class to an already classy car!

bpospo
07-10-09, 02:18 PM
anyone know if the launch control is available for the 2010 models?? I know most of the corvette are getting the tech (zr1 z06 grand sport).

demorgan59
07-10-09, 02:21 PM
I would go polished rims (I did) and I have the wood grain trim. It is a dark wood, not bright like some cars have. I think it adds a touch
of class to an already classy car!
PICS PICS PICS!!! (Please).

C6ZR1
07-10-09, 04:34 PM
So the Ebony interior trim is standard? The wood trim is an option. Are those the only two? I will get the polished wheels per the suggestions, what is the broad consensus on the interior trim?

C6ZR1

OldRoadDawg
07-10-09, 04:54 PM
Pics here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1695280-post2.html) of Thunder Gray with polished wheels for your evaluation

Hawkeye2
07-10-09, 05:04 PM
PICS PICS PICS!!! (Please).

Will get to it - I'll try to get an interior shot to show the wood.

It is supposed to rain so it may have to wait till tomorrow!

Hawkeye2
07-10-09, 06:47 PM
Here you go, I'm not that good with a camera:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Hawkeye2/DSCN0676.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Hawkeye2/DSCN0677.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Hawkeye2/DSCN0678.jpg

backup
07-10-09, 07:09 PM
For my $.02 I like the painted wheels on your color. I like the lower bling look, and they remind me of the competition gray wheels on the Corvette. Plus they are not common!

marktanner
07-10-09, 08:27 PM
A dealer showed me the '10 colors, and there was no Thunder Gray for the V on his sheet, though it was still available for the base CTS. I hope that was just an error. As far as the interior color, I was worried that the Lt. Titanium cloth and carpet would soil too easily, so I went with Ebony, plus I think the monochromatic look is pretty classy; Motor Trend and Road and Track both commented that the interior of their (same) test car, which was Lt. Titanium Recaros, was kind of "blingy". I'm not sure about the wood yet, as I haven't seen it in person yet. I thought the brown wood looked great with the silver trim on the base CTS, while the fake carbon looked kind of cheap. On the V with the Obsidian trim, I think the carbon looks pretty good, especially with Ebony.

I personally like the polished wheels, as they match the window trim and air extractor. I like the painted with silver, though, and they look okay with the white, too. Just my opinion, of course.

If they offer a rear-view camera, get it!

Hawkeye2
07-10-09, 09:06 PM
The wood looks darker in person. The flash from the camera made it look lighter. In fact when my
salesman first looked he thought they missed the wood grain option, he said it looked so dark!

demorgan59
07-10-09, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the pics. It looks just like the early preproduction cars which is a good thing. I'm getting the light titanium interior and I think it will add just a touch of warmth to the light color and provide a classy transition from the upper ebony leather to the light titanium on the door panels, dash and console. Is the lower hockey stick trim on the doors obsidian black? I'm hoping that it is and that the light titanium interior uses the same piece.

Hawkeye2
07-10-09, 10:03 PM
On mine it is black.

C6ZR1
07-11-09, 02:54 PM
Done deal. Ordered. I stood in front of the computer while the sales manager selected my options.

1SV
GLH
AFF
CFN
FE9
MN6
P80
UAV
W2E
53F

The wood option is not available with the suede option. I imagine it's because of the shifter.

Anybody know where the AM radio antenna is? Is it embedded in the rear glass? With a metal content tint, that tends to screw up AM radio reception.

I have an alpha-numeric order number and a status code of 1100. Hopefully we'll get a TPW at some point.

C6ZR1

62Jeff
07-11-09, 03:58 PM
Done deal. Ordered.

Congratulations!

Hawkeye2
07-12-09, 07:35 AM
Congrats! I beg to differ on the wood option though. I have the wood and the suede wheel and shifter.

There might be 2 different wood options??? However, no biggee, just enjoy the ride!

C6ZR1
07-12-09, 12:16 PM
Hawkeye,

The GM order screen gave us an error message when I selected the SUEDED option (53F) and then tried to add the wood trim option. It would not process the order. Can any of the supporting dealers weigh in on this? Did parameters change on the 2010 order screen?

I would like the warmth of the wood.

C6ZR1

demorgan59
07-13-09, 01:17 PM
It doesn't appear that you have SUEDED option (53F) from your picture. Scott or Tony please??

Hawkeye2
07-13-09, 02:48 PM
It's leather, and kinda soft. Is that different from Suede? I've never seen a Suede one then. It's definitely not a wood wheel and
wood shift knob like I've seen.

mik2718
07-13-09, 05:21 PM
It's leather, and kinda soft. Is that different from Suede? I've never seen a Suede one then. It's definitely not a wood wheel and
wood shift knob like I've seen.

The suede is very different from the leather -- you'd immediately detect the difference if you saw/felt it.

Vs have leather wheel and shifter standard (like yours and mine), unlike regular CTSs which have wood at the top of the steering wheel.

marktanner
07-14-09, 01:35 AM
The V comes with a black leather wheel that is a bit thicker than the regular CTS leather wheel. The CTS has the option of wood in the top section, but only if there is other wood trim. The "suede" wheel is actually covered in microfiber, but looks and feels like suede. It is a $300 option but only with Recaros. The shift knob is also microfiber. It goes well with the seat upholstery, and helps warm up the interior. Feels great on the hands, and stays cooler in the sun, too. Everyone comments on the wheel, too. I love mine.

Hawkeye2
07-14-09, 05:19 AM
Wonder why it is deleted if you get the wood trim? What does one have to do with the other? Hmmmm....?