: Backing up Stock Tune after dealer visit

GMX322V S/C
07-10-09, 07:16 AM
I always return my Wait4Me tune back to stock before a trip to the dealer. If the dealer installs an update to the ECM or TCM without my knowledge, is the handheld smart enough to detect this and automatically back up the stock tune(s) before re-installing the custom tunes (like it did the first time I installed the tunes)? Or as a precaution, should I always manually back up the stock tunes after a dealer visit just to be safe?

Thanks in advance.

musclesbmf
07-10-09, 11:56 AM
I would ask my service advisor if they flashed the ECM with any upgrades. If they did not, then no need to back it up again, unless you always want to be safe.

Mark

jwa999
07-10-09, 04:38 PM
When you restore to stock, the hand held goes back to unmarried mode. Next time you apply the tune, it will first upload the stock again. I always manually upload the stock, just in case.

Most likely, you will know if they upgraded the ECU/TCU. The hand held won't program your tunes anymore!
I get unrecognized ECU after my tranny was swapped out and they reprogrammed the TCU. Apparently my ECU/TCU is in an unlocked state for up to 255 key turns. Or the product number was changed. I'm still hoping eventually it will recognize it again.

wait4me
07-10-09, 04:40 PM
The tunes will always be allowed to work after a reflash. It will just over write it back to mine. However, i always use the latest factory updates, so the tunes always include them.

wait4me
07-10-09, 04:41 PM
JWA, your issue is because they used a brand new tcm and it has not phased out of manufacturers mode yet.

GMX322V S/C
11-25-09, 03:41 AM
The tunes will always be allowed to work after a reflash. It will just over write it back to mine. However, i always use the latest factory updates, so the tunes always include them.Jesse, have there been any factory or other updates you have made in the last 4 months?

Tony407
11-25-09, 04:19 AM
Just to be clear.

Before I go to the dealer, I return my car back to stock. Regardless of what the dealership does to the ECM, when I get my car back I will be able to save the stock tune again, (which will now include whatever the dealer has changed) right? In other words, every time I save the stock tune it re-writes over the last previously saved tune, correct?

Tony

wait4me
11-25-09, 10:09 AM
gmx322V Not to my knowledge. There havent been any updates since the missfire detection one i think a long time ago. I check often for all the modules.

Tony, yes it will save the updated ones.

Tony407
11-25-09, 01:49 PM
Thanks, Jesse.

Tony