: Impatiently awaiting arrival

bmwnick
07-09-09, 08:54 PM
So I finally found the one I've been looking for. A 52,000 mile white Fleetwood Brougham in 100% original MINT condition. I'm in NY and I found it in Boca (where else???). I had a buddy check the car out for me and I sent the owner a check and arranged an expert transporter.

With some expert advise from the Forum here, I have gathered my carefully selected toys. A front license bracket, a Pioneer stereo with the proper wire harness, a new set of Vogues and a set of VERY cool fat wire basket rims.( I hate tru-spokes).

The car was "supposed" to get here friday but it looks more like saturday. I cannot WAIT to actually get my hands on my new, old Cadillac.

Thanks to all who answered my questions here on the forum and I'll surely post pics as soon as the new car arrives.

Stingroo
07-09-09, 10:42 PM
Boca? That's like, the next town up from where I used to live. Freaky.

Can't wait for pics! Where did you find the car? Ebay?

Bro-Ham
07-09-09, 11:08 PM
Hi Nick,

How exciting! What color interior? Sounds like you'll have a ton of fun with your new toy! GET READY!!!

I'm in Sarasota and there is quite an abundant habitat of original nice looking Cads from the 1980's and 1990's still in regular use here in the Sunshine State. I'm glad you did your homework and had the car checked out since garage kept examples from Florida can be totally prime. As a contrast, cars that live outside 24/7 here in Florida are typically rough and deteriorated, both inside and out, from the glaring sun, extreme heat, and salt air.

Have fun and post some pictures when you get it and also after you put on your wheels, tires, and sound system!

Dave

96Fleetwood
07-10-09, 01:01 AM
Congrats! Can't wait to see the progress.

bmwnick
07-10-09, 07:43 PM
Boca? That's like, the next town up from where I used to live. Freaky.

Can't wait for pics! Where did you find the car? Ebay?

I watched a couple of auctions on similar cars on Ebay but I found this one on Autotrader. The owner passed away and his son was selling it for his mom. The trucker is running behind and now I won't get the car until monday....I'm pissed! I was planning on doing a clay bar detail job on the car Sunday but that's going to have to wait.

bmwnick
07-10-09, 07:48 PM
Hi Nick,

How exciting! What color interior? Sounds like you'll have a ton of fun with your new toy! GET READY!!!

I'm in Sarasota and there is quite an abundant habitat of original nice looking Cads from the 1980's and 1990's still in regular use here in the Sunshine State. I'm glad you did your homework and had the car checked out since garage kept examples from Florida can be totally prime. As a contrast, cars that live outside 24/7 here in Florida are typically rough and deteriorated, both inside and out, from the glaring sun, extreme heat, and salt air.

Have fun and post some pictures when you get it and also after you put on your wheels, tires, and sound system!

Dave
Beige leather interior, 100% stock. The car is garaged kept and the front seat has the least amount amount of leather cracks than any others that I've seen. I'm an appraiser at big BMW dealer here in NY and I had a wholesale buyer from Boca go to look the car over for me. His response was exactly what I hoped for...."If you don't buy it,..I will"

bmwnick
07-10-09, 07:49 PM
Congrats! Can't wait to see the progress.
Thanks, I can't wait.

thefleetwoodguy
07-10-09, 08:57 PM
Nick
post some pics when you can

good luck with the new ride!!

bmwnick
07-10-09, 09:05 PM
Nick
post some pics when you can

good luck with the new ride!!

Thanks for the well wishes and the smooth transaction with my license plate bracket. I'l certainly give you a shout if I need any more parts.

I'll definitely post some pics when the car finally arrives. I had a high end enclosed transport company pick up the car and it's taking forever to get to me. The driver told me that when he buckled down the car that he heard an electric motor running so he disconnected the battery. Was that the air suspension that he heard??

thefleetwoodguy
07-10-09, 10:21 PM
yes it was, good thing he removed the battery cable!!!

bmwnick
07-11-09, 06:39 AM
yes it was, good thing he removed the battery cable!!!

Thanks.

I guess the driver just earned himself a bigger tip, huh?

Even though I'm not happy about how long it's taking to get here, now I'm really happy that I went with an exotic transporter instead of a normal car carrier. I guess that strapping down the car to the transporter caused the level ride to run constantly which could have caused me some major problems by the time that the car arrived. Shouldn't there be some kind of switch somewhere in the car to turn off the air suspension for towing or jacking up the car?

thefleetwoodguy
07-11-09, 10:15 AM
we always pull the large fuse from the fuse panel under hood, to disable that system
who did you use for a transporter?
Ive had good luck with intercity
I may be buying a 99 viper gts, thats in ohio
that will need shipping

waiting to see if the deal will work out....

bmwnick
07-11-09, 10:58 AM
Intercity is very good. We use them for anything that goes west of NY. We use Plycon for anything north/south. They do all of the transport for the Bentley/Lambo store up the block from us and their main office is in my town. They are METICULOUS and the drivers are very professional as they demonstrated with disconnecting my battery.

Viper???.......very cool!! The perfect combo with a Fleetwood is a fun sports car.

Bro-Ham
07-12-09, 04:19 AM
Nick, How much more fun can a guy have?!? I'm excited for you! I bet it is like being a kid waiting for X-mas morning - - the anticipation! Sounds like your transporter is doing things right including not being in a hurry. I can't wait to see the pictures! Dave

bmwnick
07-12-09, 07:51 AM
Nick, How much more fun can a guy have?!? I'm excited for you! I bet it is like being a kid waiting for X-mas morning - - the anticipation! Sounds like your transporter is doing things right including not being in a hurry. I can't wait to see the pictures! Dave

I might get it later today or tomorrow. I'm anxious to start putting it all together and to actually see and drive the car. If I can get a jump on the detailing today I'd be thrilled. My only concern is I'm a little worried that the center hubs on my spokes may hit the fender skirts and that will set my completion plans back a bit. I'll know better when I get it up on a lift with the wheels in hand.

Stingroo
07-12-09, 10:51 AM
Ah detailing... my least favorite part of the car experience. At least, here in the blistering heat it is. lol

Bro-Ham
07-12-09, 07:34 PM
Hi Nick - - did you get it yet???? :)

bmwnick
07-12-09, 08:54 PM
Hi Nick - - did you get it yet???? :)

Got it!! VERY COOL!!

I spent the afternoon doing a clay bar/compound/polish job on her.....DAMN that car is BIG!!!....I'm tired!!

thefleetwoodguy
07-12-09, 09:36 PM
Damn, that one looks clean!!

nice job on the shine

its the only passenger car that you can put a large pizza (box) on the
dash, and it doesnt hang off in front...LOL

congrats, !!!!

Stingroo
07-12-09, 10:09 PM
That car is absolutely GORGEOUS.

What do you think of the drive? :)

Bro-Ham
07-12-09, 10:41 PM
VERY nice!!!!!! :) Pix of the interior????

Stingroo
07-12-09, 10:50 PM
Yes yes! Interior pics! (Damn 40 minute edit rule!)

bmwnick
07-13-09, 07:24 AM
Damn, that one looks clean!!

nice job on the shine

its the only passenger car that you can put a large pizza (box) on the
dash, and it doesnt hang off in front...LOL

congrats, !!!!

Thanks. I love it.

The only concern that I have is a loud electric motor noise that seems to be coming from the headlight area that runs for a couple of minutes after I turn the car off. I also noticed some oily spray on my driveway this morning from the same area of the noise. Any ideas? Thanks

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-13-09, 10:55 AM
I spent the afternoon doing a clay bar/compound/polish job on her.....DAMN that car is BIG!!!....I'm tired!!

Yeah, my car takes forever to wax. She looks great though, one of the few cars that look good in white.

bmwnick
07-13-09, 11:41 AM
VERY nice!!!!!! :) Pix of the interior????

I'll shoot of interior pics when I'm having the wheels/tires mounted tomorrow. If you just envision what a brand new cream beige interior looked like in 1994, then you've got it. With the exception of some loose fabric on the b pillars, it's virtually like NEW.

96Fleetwood
07-13-09, 12:14 PM
Thanks. I love it.

The only concern that I have is a loud electric motor noise that seems to be coming from the headlight area that runs for a couple of minutes after I turn the car off. I also noticed some oily spray on my driveway this morning from the same area of the noise. Any ideas? Thanks

Thet electric noise is the air compressor for the rear shocks. If it keeps going off repeatedly on level ground, then your rear shocks may be leaking.

The oil spray in that area is usually from the oil cooler lines. I have had 11 LT1 powered cars and 9 of them needed those lines changed.

Enjoy it! It is a beauty!

bmwnick
07-13-09, 12:23 PM
Thet electric noise is the air compressor for the rear shocks. If it keeps going off repeatedly on level ground, then your rear shocks may be leaking.

The oil spray in that area is usually from the oil cooler lines. I have had 11 LT1 powered cars and 9 of them needed those lines changed.

Enjoy it! It is a beauty!

Thank You. Great info.

jey
07-13-09, 12:23 PM
Actually waxing the Fleetwood takes less time than any other car I've owned. The roof is vinyl so that doesn't need wax, and the chrome pieces on the door means less surface there to wax too.

bmwnick
07-13-09, 03:09 PM
Yeah, my car takes forever to wax. She looks great though, one of the few cars that look good in white.

I LOVE white cars. Take a peek at my wife's car behind the FWB. White 650 convertible is GORGEOUS. You can keep those pain in the A-- Black cars with their spots and swirl marks. White, silver and gold (champagne) are the way to go. I just got rid of a black Magnum R/T and the only thing that I hated about that car was keeping it clean (and I have a free automated car wash at my office!).

pompste
07-14-09, 11:28 PM
Got it!! VERY COOL!!

What a king size beautiful ride! The "white" Fleetwoods of that era look absolutely huge because white reflects more light than any other color.

96Fleetwood
07-15-09, 07:48 AM
My white '96 had Vogues with the wire wheels. I called the two, the "Yin and Yang."

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa306/96fleetwood/Picture023.jpg

Some say black looks the most presidential... but I think the white acts the part even better.

Congrats again!

bmwnick
07-15-09, 09:56 AM
My white '96 had Vogues with the wire wheels. I called the two, the "Yin and Yang."

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa306/96fleetwood/Picture023.jpg

Some say black looks the most presidential... but I think the white acts the part even better.

Congrats again!

Wow!!! That's the look that I'm going for. BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm having my Vogues and wire baskets installed after I get my air suspension checked out.

Bowser
11-10-09, 03:01 PM
you can put THREE large pizzas across the dash .. and in the florida summer you can BAKE them from scratch !

Stingroo
11-10-09, 03:03 PM
Hah, true. South palm beach eh? I used to live in Deerfield. lol

Cadillacboy
11-10-09, 05:55 PM
Congrats , it was worth the wait indeed
;)