: Features and Options

D_Lac
07-09-09, 03:33 PM
How would I go about finding a list of all the features and options on my STS 08. I know the dealer I bought it from should have had a complete list but don't know what I did with it. Any other way to find out?

WillySTS
07-09-09, 03:38 PM
How would I go about finding a list of all the features and options on my STS 08. I know the dealer I bought it from should have had a complete list but don't know what I did with it. Any other way to find out?

Have the deal run a VIS(vehicle inquiry) and then click on "Vehicle Build".

D_Lac
07-09-09, 03:40 PM
Thanks. Does GM have a website where I can pull this information?

ifmracin
07-09-09, 04:23 PM
Under the spare tire cover there is a sticker with all the build codes.

Type them in here: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/index.php

Have fun!

WillySTS
07-09-09, 04:34 PM
Thanks. Does GM have a website where I can pull this information?

Website for this, Yes...Available to the public, No.:duck:

A dealer employee has to do it.

next2pool
07-09-09, 06:56 PM
If you go to this website they will send you the content as well as the repair/maintenance history within a day for free--it's a truck website but will do for all GM cars:

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100

BaTu
07-09-09, 07:11 PM
If you're a contributing member HERE, you can go to the CTS-V forum above and get it done......

Submariner409
07-09-09, 07:18 PM
The RPO retrieval URL in Post#4 is free to the general public. It, if you have the RPO sticker for your car, will give you everything that's built into your car. The GM VIS is best sourced from a dealership service desk during slow time - Tuesday, Wednesday, 2 PM to 3 PM.

D_Lac
07-09-09, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys.

Dougs06sts
07-11-09, 05:09 AM
Going to the dealer to get one printed is the best way to go. Initially, I took a digital picture of the sticker in the trunk, printed it and used post-its to write down what they all meant. It was a mess. :alchi: The report they'll print you at the dealer will have everything spelled out on 2 nice sheets of paper. Much easier to read and understand. :thumbsup:

Force-1
07-11-09, 09:40 AM
I had my dealer run a report for my '05 and '08 Corvette. They are titled GM Vehicle Inquiry System - Vehicle Component. They list every option in the car, build date, warranty info, etc. Similar to a build sheet.

I would imagine a Cadillac dealer could run the same report?

next2pool
07-11-09, 08:20 PM
go to post 6--it is the GM printout and it is from the comfort of your chair and it is free and--and-and Why fight it guys? I don't understand why some folks here steer you to a much more difficult direction!!

sajn05sts
07-11-09, 09:34 PM
If you look where the spare tire is in the trunk the cover to the spare has a the list of all the options your car has

ifmracin
07-13-09, 09:55 AM
On the link that i posted you can do all the codes at once, just put a comma between them, they will come out in a nice list that can be easily printed.

Going to the dealer to get one printed is the best way to go. Initially, I took a digital picture of the sticker in the trunk, printed it and used post-its to write down what they all meant. It was a mess. :alchi: The report they'll print you at the dealer will have everything spelled out on 2 nice sheets of paper. Much easier to read and understand. :thumbsup:

carter's_sts
07-15-09, 02:39 PM
What's up with all the moved postings on that site? Do they not like people from this site?

If you go to this website they will send you the content as well as the repair/maintenance history within a day for free--it's a truck website but will do for all GM cars:

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100

carter's_sts
07-15-09, 08:55 PM
They only do the lookups for diesels.

next2pool
07-15-09, 09:19 PM
Not true--they ran mine within an hour--long before the CTS site did. They say right on the thread that they do all GM cars. They ran not only the content list but the complete warranty history as well.

carter's_sts
07-15-09, 09:31 PM
You can read for yourself:

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81675

R1chard
07-15-09, 09:41 PM
Not true--they ran mine within an hour--long before the CTS site did. They say right on the thread that they do all GM cars. They ran not only the content list but the complete warranty history as well.

Well, maybe after they got slammed with requests they changed it. I also asked for info on a VIN and was given the same answer, diesels only. :bigroll:

next2pool
07-15-09, 10:24 PM
Well bummer!! I guess I understand

MacMuse
07-16-09, 12:24 AM
He replied to my post over there with my full readout, which I then received via e-mail. But they did move/hide the post. Glad to see how it played out and that he provided another alternative.