: Front Directional Bulb Replacement

stevenriz
07-09-09, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone. You may already know where I'm going with this. The other day I stopped by the dealer to pick up a front directional bulb that burned out (fast directional blink). They told me there are no shortcuts to replace this bulb and the front bumber cover needs to be pulled away a bit to get to the bulb. So I had the dealer do it and now I'm less $80.46 in this weeks bar money. Anyone know of any shortcuts the next time this happens? I am thinking now to replace the bulb with an LED in hopes they will last a little longer. I found this one. Any thoughts??

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Putco-113620.htm

K STS
07-09-09, 01:24 PM
I am also curious if you can put an LED in the front turn signals.

lreddiablo
07-09-09, 05:46 PM
When I had my muffler done I had them replace my front turn signals with stealth bulbs (chrome coating so clear when off, europe amber when on). If the car is on a hoist above your head, with a little arm twisting you can replace these bulbs without removing the bumper.

STE_6000
07-09-09, 06:36 PM
i use piaa dual led 192 bulbs. yes you have to take the bumper off cause the headlight needs to come out. when i did it, i replaced it only cause i was putting in HID lights.

ddgm
07-09-09, 08:11 PM
You just need to remove the bottom part of the fender well, actually didn't totally remove it. I read that on this forum. I ran the car up on two car ramps and laid on the floor. Took about 20 minutes, probably less the next time as it was the first time I've done it, there are no bolts, just push clips that hold it on, also got to loosen "splash guard" under bumper.

Doug

K STS
07-12-09, 06:21 PM
anyone put an LED in there?

stevenriz
07-14-09, 09:09 AM
I may get a couple that I linked in my initial message on this post and try it some Saturday morning. If anyone else has tried it please let us know.

K STS
07-14-09, 09:59 AM
Id really like to see what an LED in there looks like for when I do my bumper + HIDs.

lreddiablo
07-14-09, 06:01 PM
I have Piaa tera LEDs bought for the little 3rd headlight, and for the high beam bulb. Piaa didn't have leds for the fog bulbs so I got a hyper white halogen piaa bulb to try and match the headlight color. Planning on remving the front bumper and installing in the next week. Also gonna paint the little lower grill black as well to match my black STS. I'll post pics

Unique Distributing
07-16-09, 09:19 PM
any update on LED on the turn signals? anyone done it yet? i wanna see pixs.. i did LED ont he side markers today cost like 14$

K STS
07-17-09, 10:18 AM
Can you take a pic? i want to see it, really bad.

Regulator
07-17-09, 10:20 AM
Are you guys referring to the orage Daytime Running lights? Would they look better white, like Acura MDX?
Has anyone made that improvement?