: complaints department

yescadillac
07-09-09, 09:54 AM
dear members,

can anyone help.i need the mailing address of a senior person in complaints department.service department in my country risked my life.they failed to fix the stearing after changing switches.it has been a month now with no reply from the dealer service manager &higher administration.:tisk::tisk::tisk:

pcguy760
07-09-09, 07:28 PM
Just out of curiosity can you elaborate how you risked your life and how the steering put you in danger? Just wondering... Where are you from?

yescadillac
07-10-09, 10:58 AM
Iam from saudi arabia...thank u for the reply..

the story is as follow:

after replacing steering wheel audio controls ,the mechanic unententionally failed to install the connecting part between steering &the car,i found this actually placed inside the coffee mug holder!! meaning that the steering was only loosely placed in position.when i turned right to exit the highway,the steering came out in my hands.fortunately, i was able to keep strong pressure to keep steering in position till the side parking.till now what i heared from is verbal apology and warning letter to the mechanic.

TSS
07-10-09, 11:24 AM
Recieved:
1. verbal apology;
2. mechanic reprimanded with warning letter;
3. steering fixed now.

I am a little unclear on exactly what you are after currently? Do you want somebody to get fired? Do you want a financial settlement from GM for a close call accident?

Maybe if you describe what exactly you want, we can tell you where to go. ;)

yescadillac
07-11-09, 04:26 PM
my idea is to see what members feel about this.

if u think i should go further with my complaints,then i need your advice on whom should i write to.

your input is appreciated.

pcguy760
07-11-09, 05:32 PM
Hi there,

Honestly as long as they fixed the problem now, there is not much you can do anymore. Even more, it is very unlikely in your situation that GM here in USA would be able to do anything about it because it was not a manufacturing fault but infact human error (the mechanic). You could get a lawyer and try to find some sort of grounds to sue them but why go thru all that trouble??? Thats just my opinion...

If they fixed it, I personally would let it be - at least you did not get hurt or killed - look at it that way. You gotta forgive to be forgiven you know :) - well in most situations lol.

Take care man.

yescadillac
07-13-09, 05:13 PM
thank u all for reply...

your opinion is well taken &appreciated.