: Been waiting for my WFM tune upgrade..

kencav
07-09-09, 06:06 AM
has anyone besides Cadv recieved their SCT handheld upgrades yet? Jesse told me
Tues night, its Thurs am, my car goes in the shop tommorow(Friday) with a day booked with my installers. I leave out of town today.

And I have no idea how to do this firmware download!

Any one get theirs yet and any download problems?

Thx in advance

Titaniumseeker
07-09-09, 06:45 AM
No not yet. I was informed by his wife that he is working on getting them out to us.

stevenash71
07-09-09, 07:38 AM
:worship::halo:got mine yesterday and it was pretty easy to install. I had to take out the fuses when I got the error message. I called Jesse and he was kind enough to walk me through it all. As soon as I was done took it for a ride and ohhh my, major diff. Great throttle responce, alot more power, well worth the money. Thanks Jess!!

kencav
07-09-09, 09:07 AM
I am glad people are getting their updates. I have a friend coming to my office to try to download these tunes onto my handheld while I am working so we have the appropriate tunes for the mod work being done tommorow. The promise of when we were supposed to recieve updated tunes and firmwear fixes for our handhelds has been very disappointing so far, given the volume of products I have purchased.:annoyed:

lavaman
07-09-09, 09:41 AM
:worship::halo:got mine yesterday and it was pretty easy to install. I had to take out the fuses when I got the error message. I called Jesse and he was kind enough to walk me through it all. As soon as I was done took it for a ride and ohhh my, major diff. Great throttle responce, alot more power, well worth the money. Thanks Jess!!

Are you referring to an update to your current handheld?

I got my handheld last week. Did it come with new firmware? What should I look for?

It took about 5 days to have it in hand after ordering. I did not have any error message nor did I need to pull fuses upon loading it. The only changes I've made to the engine is a 160 t-stat and supercharger isolator install...(No more rattle !!). His max perf engine and trans tune loaded just fine and works great!

kencav
07-09-09, 12:44 PM
After some gentle prodding finally recieved my tune upgrades- thx Jesse

stevenash71
07-09-09, 12:57 PM
Are you referring to an update to your current handheld?

I got my handheld last week. Did it come with new firmware? What should I look for?

It took about 5 days to have it in hand after ordering. I did not have any error message nor did I need to pull fuses upon loading it. The only changes I've made to the engine is a 160 t-stat and supercharger isolator install...(No more rattle !!). His max perf engine and trans tune loaded just fine and works great!

my bad, I misunderstood the question. I just received the tune for the 2.55 pulley and the intake no other updates.:alchi:

Tony407
07-09-09, 01:39 PM
What error messages are you guys getting? What fuses are you talking about and how does this clear the errors?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

jwa999
07-09-09, 03:20 PM
What error messages are you guys getting? What fuses are you talking about and how does this clear the errors?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

On automatics specifically, you have to pull the BCM (body control module) fuses. There are 6 fuses in the fusebox under the hood (passenger side, where the red jumper plug is).
One some models programming the ECU is interrupted by signals from a body control module. Some say it might be the Onstar that is interfering.
Without the fuses pulled, my ECU was dead in the water. Car would not start.

Hans.

Titaniumseeker
07-09-09, 03:44 PM

Thanks in advance.

Tony

From my experience, the problems with the loading of the tunes from the handheld can be linked to communication errors on the bus. If you don't have Onstar then this is not an issue. OnStar appears to be communicating on the same bus that is also used to load your tunes from the handheld. This conflict will initiate an error rendering your vehicle inoperative. Nice huh? The only way to recover is to remove the 6 BCM fuses under the hood which essentially resets the ECU/TCU and allows you to reload the tune or return to stock mode. I have found that by removing the fuse that supports the OnStar circuit (located in the trunck battery compartment), I can disable it and eliminate the possibility of these communication errors. This will save you much time and heartache.

Tony407
07-09-09, 04:32 PM
So you guys are saying that you have to pull the fuses to reset things and put them back in, correct?

And after doing so, there are NO other long-term issues to be worried about? I don't care if a re-tune will make my car the fastest sedan in the world (oh, wait...it already is LOL,) I'm not going to do it if it means compromising day-to-day reliability.

Tony

jwa999
07-09-09, 04:44 PM
Pull the fuse ( Onstar or BCM ) reprogram the ECU/TCU (put in a tune or restore to stock), follow all the instructions on the hand held, and then put the fuses back.

Repeat the process if you want to go back to stock.

Don't update firmware in the hand held unless you first put your car back to stock. If something fails, the hand held might might loose your stock settings.

Tony407
07-09-09, 04:57 PM
Thanks. I just ordered the auto tranny/ECU tune from Jesse.

Can someone direct me to a good thread for how-to instructions once I receive the handheld?

Tony

Kadonny
07-09-09, 05:02 PM
Tony, it is very easy. You only need to pull fuses on certain cars, mine was one of them. Try the tune first without pulling fuses, lots of cars tune with no fuses pulled.

There is a thread with the instructions, just do a search for "hand held".

jwa999
07-09-09, 05:04 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/165399-wait4me-handheld-ecm-tcm-install-pics.html

nc09v2
07-09-09, 10:29 PM
+1. I got my W4M PCM/TCM tune back in January, it loaded perfectly, and my car has never missed a beat since it was installed. Just follow the instructions and load it, you will probably be fine. Pulling the Onstar fuse in the trunk is probably good insurance, although I did not do it and had no issues, I will do so if and when I were to change the tune in the future.