: Coming soon to a stoplight near you:

Gary Wells
07-08-09, 10:17 PM
Well, I used to be ZO6 trailer park trash, then I graduated to ZO6 & '87 turbo Buick trailer park trash, & now I have graduated again to '02 ZO6 (DD), '87 turbo Buick, & '09 CTS-V trailer park trash. Bought it yesterday after work, auto (2 pedal), thunder grey exterior, sunroof delete (thank God), ebony interior, Recaros & V-specific suede wrapped steering wheel & gear shift knob, standard painted wheels, Navigation, & everything else standard. After suffering severe sticker shock yesterday after test driving a white one & buying the grey one, I was too nervous & tired to try and get it home so I left it there on the showroom floor with a "Sold" tag on it. Going to pick it up tomorrow after work. Didn't sleep well last night & probably won't sleep well tonight. Now can't wait to get it home & order a car cover for it. Had 7 miles on it sitting on the showroom floor. Sorry for the long post, I am somewhat coming out of the sticker shock syndrome now & I want it home.

readyact
07-08-09, 10:44 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club.

RapidRob
07-08-09, 10:57 PM
Yeah, BIG congrats Gary! You're gonna love that car - it's really one of a kind, at that price point!!:highfive:

Rob

chopmeat
07-08-09, 11:07 PM
Nice, good for you brother!!!

Nutz
07-08-09, 11:30 PM
Dude, you are king of the trailer park now. Don't worry, sticker shock becomes a foggy distant thought with every press of the right pedal. Now sell that trailer and call Jesse!:highfive:

Congrats.

Gary Wells
07-08-09, 11:34 PM
The Maserati of the trailer park?

neuronbob
07-08-09, 11:37 PM
Congratulations!

mik2718
07-09-09, 12:08 AM
I don't think I could have left it there for another day. Enjoy your drive home tomorrow!

AuPanda
07-09-09, 01:18 AM
I'll see you around LA.

irvvvine
07-09-09, 02:34 AM
When you drive down the 405 into the OC, I'll be looking for ya.

You're gonna love this car.

Gary Wells
07-09-09, 06:19 AM
Thanks guys, I can't wait. Going to pick it up today. Really looking forward to getting it home. The sibling rivalry between the '02 ZO6, the '87 turbo Buick, & the newest addition to family should be interesting. The '02 ZO6 is my daily driver and I am not too worried how it gets along with the others, but I am hoping that the '87 turbo brick & the new '09 CTS-V get along well. The turbo-T is only a 12.7 1/4 mile car, but it does it on true street tires and I never plan on getting rid of it. Going to be a great day. Thanks again everybody.

Hawkeye2
07-09-09, 06:30 AM
Congrats, enjoy the car and use it in the best of health.

kencav
07-09-09, 06:53 AM
CONGRATS Gary- a nice collection!

Nutz
07-09-09, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys, I can't wait. Going to pick it up today. Really looking forward to getting it home. The sibling rivalry between the '02 ZO6, the '87 turbo Buick, & the newest addition to family should be interesting. The '02 ZO6 is my daily driver and I am not too worried how it gets along with the others, but I am hoping that the '87 turbo brick & the new '09 CTS-V get along well. The turbo-T is only a 12.7 1/4 mile car, but it does it on true street tires and I never plan on getting rid of it. Going to be a great day. Thanks again everybody.I have a GN with a great deal of work done to it and I consider the V to be a lot like it. Smooth quiet boosted power that comes on strong and quiet with a luxury twist. Kinda like a 4 door GN.

Gary Wells
07-10-09, 06:17 AM
Sorry, no working camera, here are a few pics that my buddy posted over on tb.com. Hope that does not violate any forum rules

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/291015-coming-soon-stoplight-near-you.html#post2241552

KatMcRat
07-11-09, 08:38 PM
Sorry, no working camera, here are a few pics that my buddy posted over on tb.com. Hope that does not violate any forum rules

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/291015-coming-soon-stoplight-near-you.html#post2241552

Congrats :bouncy: Our cars would be almost twins from the outside.

wfo
07-11-09, 08:54 PM
Wow! Just sweet!!

tbss08
07-11-09, 09:32 PM
Congrats, that was my first choice of color but settled on Black after getting a good price on it.

Gary Wells
07-11-09, 09:39 PM
Thanks, everybody, can't wait to get it broken in. Then maybe a tune on it. Great driving car.

KatMcRat
07-11-09, 11:40 PM
Thanks, everybody, can't wait to get it broken in. Then maybe a tune on it. Great driving car.

Don't forget to add it under your user name;)

What we need is a private track day again and go play:burn:

After we get back from Bonneville with Casper worst case I'm going to go to Famoso.

Gary Wells
07-12-09, 12:01 AM
Don't forget to add it under your user name;)

What we need is a private track day again and go play:burn:

After we get back from Bonneville with Casper worst case I'm going to go to Famoso.

I notice that it is very hard to get the CTS-V owners, or maybe that should be addressed as any So Kali Cadillac owners together for anything. I know that there are enough So Kali Cadillac owners to get together for a pre-existing show or a pre-existing cruise. Even a dyno day would be a blast. Informative, too. Too bad that they don't have that Alternative motoring race day at Fontana every so often like they used to. One of the turbo brick owners has a pizza shop around Dana Point and we get together for a cruise every so often and have a kick. We get as many as 20 turbo bricks for the cruise sometimes. Not so with the Cad clan, but don't know why.

KatMcRat
07-12-09, 03:07 AM
I notice that it is very hard to get the CTS-V owners, or maybe that should be addressed as any So Kali Cadillac owners together for anything. I know that there are enough So Kali Cadillac owners to get together for a pre-existing show or a pre-existing cruise. Even a dyno day would be a blast. Informative, too. Too bad that they don't have that Alternative motoring race day at Fontana every so often like they used to. One of the turbo brick owners has a pizza shop around Dana Point and we get together for a cruise every so often and have a kick. We get as many as 20 turbo bricks for the cruise sometimes. Not so with the Cad clan, but don't know why.

Unfortunately we fall in that category since we have little kids:( That is why Pat let me buy this car since I can't drive the Z06 much.

Gary Wells
07-12-09, 08:21 AM
KatMcRat:
Sorry, Kat, having kids, young or old, is no excuse to not participate in general all around fun & cruises. Check out page #'s 2 & 3 on the hotlink for some all family fun. Rafael & his wife even put up a race thing for the kids. PS: The last 2 pics I had nothing to do with, and I don't know how to dele them. Hope posting this hotlink is kool with the administrative staff & mods over here. Everybody had a great time, me included. Most of the guys & gals got together at Pt Fermin & cruised down PCH to the Pizza place in Dana Point. I will be taking the Cad CTS-V the next time just to show it off. I'll see if it's OK with Rafael & his wife (Round Table Pizza Owner) & let you & Pat know. As long as they're housebroken, I don't think that kids should be a problem, even Cadillac owners kids kids. J/J, Kat. After all, where's the next generation of Cadillac owners coming from? Good to hear from you again, please tell pat that I said hello, & yes, our cars are almost twins.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/271300-pizza-cruzz.html