: Are the 08-newer fenders interchangeable with the 06-07 models?

BPatterson
07-08-09, 05:17 PM
Just wondering. They look identical except for the vents.

PSRmark
07-08-09, 06:17 PM
Yes they are

Florian
07-08-09, 10:06 PM
I hate the vents....they screw up the line

F

BPatterson
07-08-09, 10:25 PM
I hate the vents....they screw up the line

F

I agree somewhat. Some days I look at the vents and like them, and other days I look at them and feel like they look outta place.

ssstealth
07-09-09, 06:26 AM
I was kinda diggin those vents UNTIL I started seeing the stick on replicas on every hoopty-ride honda out there.

CIWS
07-09-09, 09:36 AM
Ehhh mine didn't come with them for my year model so I don't want them. If I had an 08 or 09 I'd want them on there.

silverws6ta
07-09-09, 10:26 AM
I was kinda diggin those vents UNTIL I started seeing the stick on replicas on every hoopty-ride honda out there.

It's almost comical -- I bet Advance Auto is out of them at every store around here.. Sometimes they have the set of three 'round' and even the 'wannabe' stick on vent both -- Popular among Chrysler Magnum, Charger owners, Ford Crown Vics with that truck lift and 30" rims or what not, .. I'm going to stop now before I :stirpot:

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-09-09, 11:49 AM
I like em better stuck on places that can't even be vented or don't need venting if they were real.

inurok
07-13-09, 07:54 AM
I saw them on the STS loaner I had and the functional ones on the STS-V and I didnt like them at all. Only reason to add them now is to make your car look newer than it is i guess? They made a few other changes to the 08+ like no wood on the ashtray but wood on the glove box area strip etc. Small but noticable changes.

Dadollac1
07-14-09, 07:24 AM
I love those vents, they are chic and you quessed it right every car mfg wants them on their cars because it's in style....Cadillac style!!! ( like it or not they are here to stay.)

CIWS
07-14-09, 07:47 AM
I love those vents, they are chic and you quessed it right every car mfg wants them on their cars because it's in style....Cadillac style!!! ( like it or not they are here to stay.)

Well until they redesign, which should be around 2011/12 model year. Then they'll almost certainly take them off the vehicles to change the look. Note this last year of the XLR and the new SRX have a different style and those are not there.

WillySTS
07-14-09, 12:06 PM
Well until they redesign, which should be around 2011/12 model year. Then they'll almost certainly take them off the vehicles to change the look. Note this last year of the XLR and the new SRX have a different style and those are not there.

Take a GOOD look at the '09 XLR they ARE there:thepan:...they are verticle at the back of the front fenders.

CIWS
07-14-09, 12:14 PM
Take a GOOD look at the '09 XLR they ARE there:thepan:...they are verticle at the back of the front fenders.

They are not the same kind of vent, as you state it's now a verticle, like on the 2010 SRX :thepan:

http://www.ciws.info/2010srx/2010srx3.jpg

Jpjr
07-15-09, 07:17 PM

Won't matter for us cuz STS is D-E-A-D.