: ? on easy exit position

Hawkeye2
07-08-09, 03:23 PM
Is it possible to set the parameters for the easy exit seating position? I
mean can you set how far back the seat goes, the steering wheel moves
up etc.

I did read the manual on setting the seating position, but it makes no mention of setting the exit position.

On the Z06 it works the same as setting the seating position. Does it work that way on the V. So far I have not been able to program my exit
position.

Thanks,

Brian.

commander112
07-08-09, 03:31 PM
Yes. Re-read the manual. I think it is in the DIC setup.

Hawkeye2
07-08-09, 03:50 PM
Thanks - I'll take a peek again, I probably missed it.

I know the DIC set up tells you how to set it for automatic on or off, but I don't remember it telling you how to set the parameters.

In the Z - you set the exit position, then hold the exit button for about 3 seconds, it beeps twice, then that position is set for exit
with the fob used to open the car. I could not get that to work in the V. Maybe it's me or my V?

Kadonny
07-08-09, 04:06 PM
Read the manual, I forget how to set it up.

My only gripe is that the seat returns to the driving position the minute you unlock the car. That doesn't help me from knocking my knees on the steering wheel as I get in. On my STS-V the seat did not go into the driving position until you hit the start (turn the key) button.

Hawkeye2
07-08-09, 04:27 PM
That you can program out with DIC. You can take it off automatic and then you press the #1 or #2 button and it will move to your
seat position automatically. I too found that it moved to the seating position before I could get in.

mik2718
07-08-09, 05:16 PM
Apparently you can turn easy exit on or off, but you can't change the wheel and seat positions the feature uses. From the manual:

Easy Exit Recall
If the vehicle has this feature, it allows you to select
your preference for the automatic easy exit seat feature.
See Memory Seat, Mirrors and Steering Wheel on
page 1-8 for more information.
Press the customization button until Easy Exit Recall
appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset
button once to access the settings for this feature.
Then press the menu up/down button to scroll through
the following settings:
Automatic Off: No automatic seat exit recall will occur.
The recall will only occur after pressing the easy exit
seat button.
Automatic On (Keyless Access default): If the
features are enabled though the Easy Exit Setup menu,
the driver’s seat will move back, and if the vehicle
has the power tilt wheel and telescopic steering feature,
the power steering column will move up and forward
when the vehicle is parked and the driver door is
opened, or after pressing the easy exit seat button.
The automatic easy exit seat movement will only occur
one time after the driver door is opened. If the automatic
movement has already occurred, and you close and then
open the driver door, the seat and steering column will
stay in the original exit position, unless a memory recall
took place prior to opening the driver door again.

Easy Exit Setup
If the vehicle has this feature, it allows you to select
which areas will recall with the automatic easy exit
seat feature. It also allows you to turn off the automatic
easy exit feature. See Memory Seat, Mirrors and
Steering Wheel on page 1-8 and “Easy Exit Recall”
earlier for more information.
Press the customization button until Easy Exit Setup
appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset
button once to access the settings for this feature.
Then press the menu up/down button to scroll through
the following settings:
Off: No automatic seat exit will recall.
Tilt/Telescope: The steering wheel tilt and steering
column telescope features will recall.
All (default): The driver’s seat and the steering wheel
tilt and steering column telescope features will recall,
if the vehicle has this option.
No Change: No change will be made to this feature.
The current setting will remain.
To select a setting, press the set/reset button

nynd
07-08-09, 05:18 PM
Is there an online owners manual or pdf available (based on the above)?

mik2718
07-08-09, 05:25 PM
Is there an online owners manual or pdf available (based on the above)?

There's a pdf owner's manual available through the Yahoo! GM Owner Center. Conveniently, the manual says:

Online Owner Center
Online Owner Center (U.S.) —
www.gmownercenter.com/cadillac
Information and services customized for your specific
vehicle — all in one convenient place.
• Digital owner manual, warranty information,
and more
• Online service and maintenance records
• Find Cadillac dealers for service nationwide
• Exclusive privileges and offers
• Recall notices for your specific vehicle
• OnStar® and GM Cardmember Services Earnings
summaries

nynd
07-08-09, 05:51 PM
thanks for the info - got it!

mik2718
07-08-09, 07:07 PM
You're quite welcome. I first learned about it on this board, although I don't recall who posted it. I read the owner's manual when I got my V, but didn't really pay attention to the contact information in the back of the manual.

Hawkeye2
07-08-09, 09:07 PM
You know, I've read that a few times, but I guess I'm dumb. When I sat in the car and tried it, all it did
was set it auto mode and moved the seat and steering wheel. I don't know when I can set the position
I want. I'll have to play with it some more. I've turned the auto mode off, so I push the button when I want
to exit. I would like the seat to go back a little farther than it is now. I did not see the option as to how to
position the seat in the easy exit mode. If I hit the east exit button a second time, the seat travels all the
way to the furtherest back position.

Thanks for the reply. BTW, I also downloaded the PDF manual from an earlier post.

tedcmiller
07-09-09, 11:28 AM
Turn off auto exit. Set the seat and steering wheel where you want them. Press and hold the Exit button untill you hear two beeps. The settings you have established can now be recalled by pressing the Exit button. The settings for the Auto exit cannot be programmed. Stupid, huh? I use the bottons exclusively now because the Auto functions do not work in a sensible manner. Several salesmen at my dealer have said that they have received numerous complaints from other customers about this.

Even dumber is the fact that the Auto entry position is established when you approach the vehicle or when you unlock it as stated by previous posters. I might mention that this is also true of the 2008 and probably later DTSs (the 2004 DTS did not work this way). It is essentially impossible to enter and seat yourself in the driver's position when the seat and steering wheel are in the entry position.

On the V1 series, the entry position was set when you inserted the key in the ignition (although sometimes is failed to do so until the key was turned on - no matter). The exit position was established when the driver opened the door. Both were very sensible and desirable ways to work

Hawkeye2
07-09-09, 11:42 AM
Thank you.

I"ll try that later tonight. I thought I did it that way, but it seems to always revert back to a factory setting even if I turn the auto OFF.

Maybe mine just has glitch. I will try again thought.

Thanks again.

OBTW, the auto feature does suck. I like the seat close when I drive. A postion I learned at Spring Mountain - but no way you can get in with the auto feature on!

Hawkeye2
07-09-09, 01:47 PM
Just went home and tried it. I set the seat where I want to exit. I hold the exit button, it beeps once, and then the seat goes all the way
to the furthest back position. Back to the drawing board.

thunder gray
07-09-09, 03:25 PM
Hackeye2 Just tried it on mine and the same thiung happened. Turned off auto. exit set seart and wheel pushed exit bution, 1 beep and it went all the way back?

Hawkeye2
07-09-09, 03:31 PM
Just tied it again with my Z06. It worked the way Mr. Miller described, but the V does not work that way. I'll play with it when I get some
time.

Cadillac Tony
07-09-09, 04:27 PM
There have been so many changes to the memory seat functions over the last two years that it's nearly impossible to help people with this over the phone or Internet any more, because I have no way of knowing which "version" of the DIC they have. Even during the 2009 model year, there was a breakpoint where some of the features changed again. This started out in 2006 with the DTS as away of improving customer satisfaction by slimming down the number of options in the DIC, and they just keep simplifying and simplifying. Don't ask me why.

It's my understanding that as of right now (meaning the cars that are arriving the last few weeks), there is no way to set the position of the exit seat, and no way to disable the seat moving as soon as you unlock the doors with the fob (or pull the door handle). There used to be an option in the DIC for "MEMORY SEAT RECALL ON/OFF", but it's gone in the newer cars.

mik2718
07-09-09, 04:35 PM
It's my understanding that as of right now (meaning the cars that are arriving the last few weeks), there is no way to set the position of the exit seat, and no way to disable the seat moving as soon as you unlock the doors with the fob (or pull the door handle). There used to be an option in the DIC for "MEMORY SEAT RECALL ON/OFF", but it's gone in the newer cars.

Wow, that sounds awful. I'm glad mine is old enough that I can turn the option off and only use "easy exit" when I explicitly push the button on the door, as well as recalling 1 and 2 with their buttons.

Hawkeye2
07-09-09, 05:09 PM
Thanks Tony. That makes sense now. I can turn the option off, but the position for exit seems to be fixed. The steering wheel moves up
and out of the way, the seat moves about 2/3 rds back. I did not set it that way, it came that way from the factory. Supposed to rain
hard tomorrow night. I can sit in the garage and play with it!

vperl
07-09-09, 05:35 PM
Thanks Tony. That makes sense now.
I can sit in the garage and play with it!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

you sure can

TMI

tedcmiller
07-09-09, 06:48 PM
Assuming Cadillac Tony is correct, I guess some folks are out of luck. Setting of the Exit button works on mine as I described in my previous post (provided I press and hold the Exit button until I hear two beeps - same for 1 and 2 buttons). My car was shipped from the factory in late Dec. 2008.

Hawkeye2
07-09-09, 09:00 PM
Well I just tried everything again. I can not change the exit setting no matter what I try. Maybe I can have
the dealer put the old program in so I can change my exit setting. My manual also says you can set position
one and two as described, but makes no mention of setting the exit position - only auto on or off!

tedcmiller
07-09-09, 10:43 PM
Some people have resorted to setting button 2 to the exit position they want. I had to do this in my wife's 2008 DTS since it was not possible to program the exit position in that car just as has been described for the late model CTS-Vs. If only one person drives the car with regularity this is OK and becomes a problem only if two people drive the car regularly. I would prefer that both of our cars work like the her 2004 DTS or my 2005 CTS-V. Cadillac seems to be headed in the wrong direction on this issue.

Hawkeye2
07-10-09, 05:32 AM
Good idea. I am really the only driver. #2 will be my exit position. Thanks for all the help with this thread.

Brian.