: Question for Auto owners: Does the shift lettering on the center console light up?

Titaniumseeker
07-08-09, 10:56 AM
Early this morning I noticed that the ambient lighting was on but the center shift console was dark. I thought it odd that the lettering did not illuminate. Is this standard for the auto?

Moderator: Please remove this post. The answer is: That there is no illumination for the center console shift on the CTS-V.

Thank you.

tedcmiller
07-08-09, 11:43 AM
Not on mine. I don't think it lights up on any 2009 CTS-V

mik2718
07-08-09, 11:52 AM
The gear indicator to the left of the DIC is the complete gear summary (including specific gears when using pushbuttons in sport mode), so there's no need to light up the limited gear indications on the console.

tedcmiller
07-09-09, 11:48 AM
Actually there is illumination on the gear shift (auto or manual) that is provided when the interior lights are on by a small white LED mounted in the upper console. It is small and a little hard to see, but it is there.

As I said before, the nomencalture on the automatic gear shift does not light up. The tachometer display contains the automatic gear shift state (P, R, N, D, etc.) and then displays the current gear the transmission is in with a number (1-6) if the automatic is switched to manual (M) mode. For those who might not have noticed, the manual mode allows gear shift changes by either the shifter (+, - in M mode) or the switches on the steering wheel.