: help tune up pain

64-04
07-07-09, 11:37 AM
ok so yesterday I did a tube up on my 96 fleetwood I got a accell cap and rotor bosh plug's and wires and I got a new waterpump after doing a lot of fighting I got everything done the car was still in the air I replaced both upper and lower raditor hoses filled the res with water and crossed my finger's and she fired right up I was so happy I let it run for a few min's and everything was good then I reved it up 2 x then it started to do this sputtering thing and then died and now it won't restart help I don't know what it could be:bighead::bighead:

sven914
07-07-09, 03:09 PM
Bosch plugs are good for two things; Volkswagen and vandalism. And Accel caps are for high performance applications and are not intended to replace the stock Opticrap distributor.

05devilledave
07-07-09, 05:01 PM
The car started and ran for a few minutes, I doubt his problems are the choices he made in manufacturer brand names. It could be something simple like a bad sensor (i.e. MAP, TPS, Ign module) or even a fuel pump. I think the solution involves digging deeper and finding the culprit, not changing the brand names of his tune up parts.

64-04
07-07-09, 09:34 PM
thank's for the choice word's on the brand name I found out that I forgot to put the collor on the waterpump from the motor to the pump so I did all that it is amazing how fast you can remove and renstall a water pump when you know how excatly to do it but now it won't start again ( I got it running this morning I just came out and it started right up but then the over heating thing happened and go figure no pump moving water will do that but what else I was wondering is if the car has a safe option to not allow you to start it after it has heated up also I had a friend check the coil to see if I am getting spark and nothing but the first time it happened we tried the same spark test and had lot's of it so what do I do now the car turn's over really good and when it was running this last time when it heated up I didn't hear any knocking so I think the motor is safe but any help would be great

jayoldschool
07-08-09, 12:45 AM
Punctuation, please. I guarantee it will help you in getting more responses to your posts!

64-04
07-08-09, 02:25 AM
sorry that it is not the best grammer but I would rather have a car that run's like a god than a really shinny geo metro... ( it's what is inside that count's.... I.E. what I am wrighting about)
I think it is the icm best guess so I have one on order great thing about living on a rock everything take's for ever to get here I will keep you guy's posted

64-04
07-15-09, 02:26 AM
ok back to square one got the new mod and still doing the same thing warm's up and then start's to sputter and then die's out and won't restart no ses light
also I noticed that the idle seam's to be alot lower than before I did the tune up
any idea's

64-04
07-15-09, 03:34 AM
ok i did the onbord test and got the following code's
01-144
02-00
03-61 ,62, 161, and 162
04- --
I have been searching for about 2 hour's and I can't seam to find out anything
getting all crazy about this caddy what else could I check 2 find the problem
I will even call someone if they pm me there # and tell the story from beginn to end if that will help

64-04
07-15-09, 03:43 PM
ok just put a new coil in and a new temp sen in it the one on the water pump and it did the same thing
this time I used the onbord comp to watch the temp and it got up to 169 and then it started sputtering could it be the thermostat when I pulled out the old one it was gutted like all the mech of it were taken out

64-04
07-15-09, 08:19 PM
put in a new fuel filter and about 1/2 gallon and checked every wire plug under the hood and I am up and running not to sure what I did but I am happier than a I can ever think