: The Ultimate Ride!

carguy16
07-20-04, 01:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2484845337&category=50056

Of course, this one is much nicer:

http://www.brucecoachinc.com/60552.html

Oh look! 500 HP! 6 Cylinders! Take 500 divided by 6, 83 Horse power per cylinder! I believe this one should have at least 1,500 to 1,800 pound feet of torque, will have to find a chart some where. Turning radius for the first link is probably 42 feet, the second one is 43 feet I believe. A few feet short of the Deville's turning radius, how ever they off track like a bitch.

But, I wouldnt mind owning one, but I do hope one day to own one...

LacSeville
07-20-04, 03:19 PM
yeh, I had to get rid of it... I had to make room for my... uh new Snapper Yard Cruiser w/ a drink holder.

Sandy
07-20-04, 03:19 PM
$515.00 to fill the tank ! :rolleyes2

LacSeville
07-20-04, 03:31 PM
if gas is $2.23 like sandy said
assuming 4mpg, that only 920 til you gotta fill up again...
that figured up to $.56/ mile, just for gas. holy lord

but, it's probably diesel, so gas wouldn't be that much... I think $1.69 here.

T_Dogg8
07-20-04, 03:36 PM
and it's 0 to 60 time is what....4.3.....days??

Caddy Man
07-20-04, 03:51 PM
lol :D

T_Dogg8
07-20-04, 04:15 PM
lol :D

:elvis1: thank you, thank you. i will be performing here at the same time all week. don't forget to tip your waitress :D

carguy16
07-20-04, 04:17 PM

Yeh, the engine is a Detroit engine, its 12.7 ltrs, turbo charged, 6 cylinders. At about 500 HP, I bet he would probably get about 4-7 MPG average. How ever, if the horsepower rating was turned down, the economy would go up, these are typically in the 370 HP range.

Now, your spew on acceleration. There are engines that take awhile to accelerate, not these. Dont expect to be doing drag races, but if you want to move in one of these things, they will move!!! Hell, it can make other people move as well! Sorry, didnt see your Civic, but I heard it!

On take off these are pretty good, the best thing to compare is mild to moderate acceleration in you car, probably 2000-3000 RPM, I guess that may be equivelent to flooring it in one of these, I believe the engine in this bus red lines at 2100, it can cruise 70 with no problems, could go faster, but why would you wanna? :littlewes

Also, the gear ratios play a good role to, it depends on what gearing the people are using. The higher the ratio, the better the acceleration. 3.70 is usally the standard today.

carguy16
07-20-04, 04:18 PM
0-60 would probably be about 18-25 seconds. Give or take.

Msilva954
07-20-04, 04:30 PM
Funny, I was going to start a thread titled "New Fleetwood" except it would contain the RV's.....you beat me to it.

Vesicant
07-20-04, 04:58 PM
Its 14 litres... 500 hp version of the Series 60 is 14 :D

c5 rv
07-20-04, 09:02 PM
I like the truck-based units better: safer, less expensive, more economical to operate, and can be serviced most everywhere. Dynamax makes an interesting unit, but Showhauler can fully customize a unit to our accessibility needs. Something for us to consider in the future...

http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/gs_standards.php

http://www.showhauler.com/showbrogood.pdf

Sandy
07-20-04, 09:33 PM
No offense meant, I'm laughing with 'ya, not at 'ya ..... but, you guys will talk about ( and probably would) race absolutely anything!! :)

I'd wonder about braking. You're going 65 MPH in this home on wheels and up ahead, traffic has stopped short. How many feet does this baby need to come to a complete stop from 65 MPH, considering it's weight ?? Imagine if she ever crashed? Would take out a line of like 15 cars. All the freaking glassware breaking all over, man oh man what a MESS!

I'd like to see this thing at full throttle, pedal to the carpet racing across the Bonneville salt flats !!

carguy16
07-20-04, 10:17 PM
Its 14 litres... 500 hp version of the Series 60 is 14 :D

Thats right, forgot about that! I havnt checked the spcs in awhile, I forgot what the torque ratings are, as stated below in my first post. But geez, I forgot it was the 14 ltr @ 500 HP, I dont think anyone needs that type of power. But I wouldnt mind all the power I can get! As long as someone else is paying for gas... :D

Say, your from Jacksonville, you wouldnt have any affiliations would you, if you catch my drift???

You might win a race against a Geo Metro hatch back, that would be funny.

carguy16
07-20-04, 10:43 PM
No offense meant, I'm laughing with 'ya, not at 'ya ..... but, you guys will talk about ( and probably would) race absolutely anything!! :)

I'd wonder about braking. You're going 65 MPH in this home on wheels and up ahead, traffic has stopped short. How many feet does this baby need to come to a complete stop from 65 MPH, considering it's weight ?? Imagine if she ever crashed? Would take out a line of like 15 cars. All the freaking glassware breaking all over, man oh man what a MESS!

I'd like to see this thing at full throttle, pedal to the carpet racing across the Bonneville salt flats !!

Well, the older ones had drums, which arent as good as todays. But some people are just whiners. I will have to check the size of the brakes, but I can tell you these have disc brakes on all axles, with ABS. Other buses have drum brakes all around, when they got hot the brakes start to fade, some times they can actually go out, or catch fire.

In regards to crashing, just imagine some one cutting you off, or braking hard, most of the dishes are tied down in some way, so you dont have to worry about that. lol, just hope no one is getting frisky in the bed room. I can imagine someone plowing over a curb at 20 mph with that happening! :bouncy: But, if your in the drivers seat and you hit the brakes, its not that big of a deal because your strapped down, and your prepared for it. Just dont expect the same for the people that are walking around or doing who knows what! :eyebrow:

Ok, some photos below:

Thats not on a bus, but same logic, guess he didnt have ABS. He made a hard stop.

ok, second photo. A crack head in a semi, that tested positive for coke, pulled out doing about 20 mph on the interstate in the middle of the night, the driver was doing 65. The driver of the bus didnt see him, because the crack head didnt maintain his truck, he had no lights working on the rear, and no reflectors. Well, the bus collides with the truck. The driver survives, I think several passengers were killed, the driver had his leg cut off to get out I think.

The third one was in the paper a while ago, a truck rear ended a Toyota. Same logic for a bus, bigger vehicle wins, always!

The other one, I guess this bus flipped over. I would love to drive this around, people would be getting out of your way when they see this thing moving! Its like something from the terminator, the dark color helps out as well. I just need to play the creepy terminator music! :histeric: :lildevil:

Msilva954
07-20-04, 10:45 PM
Insurance must be expensive on those things....how do u insure them anyway???? Do they require Flood insurane like a house and hurricane insurance......collision and uninsured motorist like a car????Rental car reimbursement.....hotel accomidations..???? All so confusing and expensive sounding.

carguy16
07-20-04, 10:47 PM
Oh by the way, in regards to the terminator thing I am talking about the bus that looks like it went through hell and back. The pictures uploaded in the wrong order.

Just imagine seeing that thing in your rear view mirror! :hide:

carguy16
07-20-04, 11:05 PM
Insurance must be expensive on those things....how do u insure them anyway???? Do they require Flood insurane like a house and hurricane insurance......collision and uninsured motorist like a car????Rental car reimbursement.....hotel accomidations..???? All so confusing and expensive sounding.

The cost of insurane, shouldnt be that much, unless your 16. I would suppose you would want to get insurance to cover it from theft, fire, and accidents. But, I would assume a few thousand dollars, possibly $2,000 to $10,000 per year? Give or take.

carguy16
07-20-04, 11:18 PM
I like the truck-based units better: safer, less expensive, more economical to operate, and can be serviced most everywhere. Dynamax makes an interesting unit, but Showhauler can fully customize a unit to our accessibility needs. Something for us to consider in the future...

http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/gs_standards.php

http://www.showhauler.com/showbrogood.pdf

Not me, I would stay away from those. For one thing they dont hold much value at all, and look like traditional motor homes.

In regards to safety, the only way they are safer is if you slam into the back of a semi trailor. You have a buffer zone infront of you. In a roll over, a motor coach does pretty good, especially if there arent that many windows.

As for as being economic to operate, they only have one less axle, thats the only thing I can think of right now. Please advise any further.

As far as service goes, most components in a motor coach, mechanical components anyways, can be serviced at most truck stops. Clearance lamps, brakes, tires, engines, trannies, they are all the same components basically. As far as easy of maintanence, the only minus is being able to access the engine in a motor coach, things arent as easy to get through. How ever, there is a port hole inside the bus that you can reach down and poke around the engine.

As far as accesability goes, im sure you could easily retrofit a lift in one of them, or while they are being built. Not to mention, the motor coaches can be kneeled, leveled, you name it. Not to mention, the ride is probably going to be a heck of a lot better.

Lastly, a coach is an intergral structre, they can go millions of miles, dont know about that conventional truck with a box fitted over it. Not to mention storage, over all, a motor coach in my opinion is better then the Dyno thing you posted.

How ever, I would mind a conversion coach from the 1980's era, they are built like tanks. Today, you find fiberglass and cheaper components, not back then. Not to mention, there is a big lacking of the electronic controlled engines, and all that computer crap that can go bad.

Vesicant
07-21-04, 01:22 AM
Carguy what are you trying to suggest? :p :yawn:

Im not even around here, just moved to the area about a year and a half ago.

---

IF you were in a market for one of those busses, for say personal use... this probably would be a better suit:

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/brands/b.asp?brandID=ah

Luxury motor coaches.. basically a huge bus based RV. They're grrreat! Lot more room, more features, easier to use. :D The one above just happens to be a 45 ft'r.

Msilva954
07-21-04, 10:06 AM
I prefer the Travel Trailers the best.....Dont know bout some of you but when I arrive at my destination I dont wanna be driven that gigantic thing around small parking lots and things like that.....I like the fact that you can leave the trailer behind.....probably much cheaper to insure...and the plus side is you can still play around with that diesel power plant.

carguy16
07-21-04, 11:20 AM
---

IF you were in a market for one of those busses, for say personal use... this probably would be a better suit:

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/brands/b.asp?brandID=ah

Luxury motor coaches.. basically a huge bus based RV. They're grrreat! Lot more room, more features, easier to use. :D The one above just happens to be a 45 ft'r.

What? An RV? No way. Those are so crappy, they are called stick and staple for a reason, they fall apart easily. You hit a bump, get caught in the wind, get to high speeds, its gets scary. A bus, AKA conversion coach, is tough. You dont get buffeted in cross winds, high speeds are no problems, bumps are no problems.

True, there are many places that are hard to maneuver around, just gotta learn how to drive or avoid certain areas where it is difficult or impossible to travel, or get used to curb hopping. Bottom lines, RV's are built pretty cheap, and I am a bus man.

How ever, if anyone likes an RV, by all means go out and buy an RV, everyone has their choice. I prefer conversion coaches. The bigger, the better!

davesdeville
07-21-04, 06:25 PM
http://www.slv.dk/vagar/faerosk_version/news/press/Fly/WEBpic/TEST/S61g.jpg

I'll take one of these. And a conversion coach while I'm at it.

Msilva954
07-21-04, 09:58 PM
Anyone know about that Conversion coach that is converted to drive and go into the water at a couple miles an hour???? It was featured in autoweek a couple weeks ago.