: XM will not turn on

jevanof
07-07-09, 01:43 AM
just got an 04 cts, it has all the options expect nav, it has an XM antenna on the roof, when I hit the band button its not giving me the option to select XM, what am I doing wrong?

jevanof
07-08-09, 07:06 PM
Anyone????????????????????????????

mik2718
07-08-09, 09:20 PM
At the risk of asking too basic of a question, is the XM radio in the vehicle activated?

jevanof
07-08-09, 11:13 PM
I called Xm, they activated it when I hit band it goes, FM1, FM2, AM then back to FM1.

mik2718
07-09-09, 03:59 PM
OK, I'm out. Good luck getting someone with actual knowledge to respond.

jevanof
07-09-09, 07:12 PM
LOL...Thanks,
I see some ads with immediate responses and I can get any, its hard to believe that I am the only one with this issue.

chazglenn3
07-12-09, 09:13 PM
Maybe the dealer has to activate the XM band with a Tech II scan tool?

ewill3rd
07-13-09, 07:57 AM
The XM receiver is not "waking up".
Remove the back seat bottom cushion, I think on that one the fuse for the XM is in the right rear fuse block, pull the carpet on the floor forward the fuse box is there.
Look for a fuse that is labeled "s/band" and pull it for several seconds.
Turn the car back on after you put the fuse in and recheck it.

When the key is turned on the modules all get a "wake up" message. If the XM unit is logic locked it may not wake up. If it doesn't send out a state of health (SOH) message then the radio does not know it is there and it will not tune to XM as a choice. Once the XM module is awake the radio will begin working properly.

I know early production had issues with a bad part number that was prone to this. Do you have any factory warranty left? If so you might be able to get this covered if you have the old part number in your car.
If not you are SOL and this will be out of pocket. I can find the TSB number if you need it but the dealer will have to verify the part number.
PS. you can also just unhook the battery for a few seconds if you don't want to pull the seat out.

jevanof
07-13-09, 04:52 PM
Guys thanks for your help, I took it to the dealer to have something else looked at, they said that the factory radio was replaced and not programmed, they took care of it for me.

mik2718
07-15-09, 07:57 AM
Guys thanks for your help, I took it to the dealer to have something else looked at, they said that the factory radio was replaced and not programmed, they took care of it for me.

Glad you got it resolved. Enjoy the car!

ewill3rd
07-15-09, 09:05 AM
If it is an '04 with a base radio then yes, XM has to be selected in the "optional modules" setup function or it will not work.
Glad they fixed it.