: engine temp?

97cherry
07-20-04, 12:00 PM
OK, I'm not a mechanic, so, how do we find out the temp of engine. ? I've seen posts where folks say they know an exact #? ?
kdw ;) :hmm:

peteski
07-21-04, 03:09 AM
Yup, your question is kind a vague... :bonkers:

Eldorado has a temperature sensor in the engine and the value can be displayed on your
dash display. On my 93 Eldo, I just press the "information" button until engine temp. is
displayed. Actually, that is my default setting while I drive.

On the other hand, if you are asking what is the normal emgine operating temperature
then I would say between 195-240 Deg. F. It can fluctuate depending on the driving conditions.

Peteski

97cherry
07-22-04, 10:18 AM
Hum,
I don't think my "info" center tells me engine temp? Batty volts, mpg, miles till empty,oil life, some gay "timer"?, etc. Not engine temp?. Hum
thanks for playing though? yes, vauge? I just wonder how to tell if she's running hot(er). I guess I can just watch the "dumby gauge" eh?

thanks again.
kdw ;)

propertypro
07-22-04, 11:24 PM
Cherry 97,
My 97 SLS has analog gauges. The temp gauge is the way to check temp.
When it is 90 degree humid weather - running in city traffic (with A/C on), my gauge will climb to the 3/4 point and I will shut the A/C off and run the heater on high to bring the temp down.
Don't believe that shit about an air cooled "limp-in mode" when N* loses coolant. DO NOT overheat that engine. It will pull head bolt threads from the block and basically ruin your car's engine. It costs more to fix it than to replace. I went through that ordeal and the "new" engine really screams. I lucked out and bought a low milage, one owner N* over the net that is a good one. It is worth it. I really love my car. Had two other N* Caddys and never had a problem with either of them. Good Luck and Happy Driving.
Wayne