: ext rear window trim

sam hamm
07-06-09, 09:08 PM
the trim around the outside of the removable windo on my ext is broken so i can hear air coming in on the highway. has this happened to anyone else?

luxurylife33
11-14-09, 06:47 PM
Glad I searched and found this.... my rear window on my EXT does not seat properly against the rubber. I can see a very small space that leads to the outside. I do not get any noise or water leakage yet, thank God.... anyone ever try and fix this problem?

EXT04
11-15-09, 11:35 AM
Oh yeah, I had that same problem with that. I went to the dealership to see if I can get the plastic trim around the glass. They said they can't do that. They told me that have to buy a whole new window! So I ended up buying a used rear window from an Avalanche. I bought for like $130 bucks. Be careful it's a common problems for escalade ext and avalanches because most all corners get cracked. I was trying to find a good used one. Lucky I found a good 1. Also what's nice is I got an avalanche rear window that came with factory tint which I liked better than non-tinted windows. If you have an aftermarket tinted rear window, you can see the brown defrost lines through the tint. I don't like the way it looks. Just an fyi. Check www.car-part.com and good luck!

sam hamm
11-19-09, 10:46 AM
mine barley leaks and when i have the driver back window open i guess it creates a vaccum and makes a horrible sound. i need to get it fixed.

thanks for the help man. ill be checking into that because i also have the freaking defront lines.