: Rough Idle!

99Escalade09
07-06-09, 05:35 PM
i recently changed my spark plugs and wires and ever since then have noticed my 99 escalade idling rough, so i changed both wires and plugs a 2nd time, still the same thing, i have also replaced the pcv valve still the same.. any ideas on what it might be?:banghead:

Rolex
07-06-09, 07:12 PM
Dirty throttle body and maybe air filter. Do a search on cleaning throttle body. It's an easy do it yourself that takes <30 min and usually fixes rough idle the first time.

99Escalade09
08-03-09, 02:00 PM
i have also cleaned the carb and also used sea foam and i am still having the idling/miss problem... anyone know of anything else it could be, it is not throwing a code.:confused:

charlie90262
11-04-10, 08:06 PM
did u fix the prob im having the same issueand i just clean t/b and put a new iac

Keymaster
11-07-10, 05:29 PM
Funny, I have an 02 Escalade and had the same problem. I changed plugs and wires, ran rough as hell. I pulled the plugs back out and verified gapping, still ran rough. Finally put all the original plugs back in and kept the new wires on. Ran for about a minute and then cut off. Wouldn't cut back on after about 15 attempts. Finally went back outside around 10 pm that evening and it started up and has ran fine since then. (This happened last weekend.) I don't know what the deal was.

Rolex
11-07-10, 09:06 PM
Did any of you guys disconnect the battery before doing your work?

06Caddykeith
11-08-10, 01:39 AM
did you maybe mix up any of the plug wires?

Gale Hawkins
11-08-10, 11:45 PM
Funny, I have an 02 Escalade and had the same problem. I changed plugs and wires, ran rough as hell. I pulled the plugs back out and verified gapping, still ran rough. Finally put all the original plugs back in and kept the new wires on. Ran for about a minute and then cut off. Wouldn't cut back on after about 15 attempts. Finally went back outside around 10 pm that evening and it started up and has ran fine since then. (This happened last weekend.) I don't know what the deal was.

SWAG is there may be an electronic part in the process of failing?

At 103K miles at least now I know not to change out the plugs and wires.

charlie90262
12-13-10, 10:16 PM
Changed the intake manifold's gasket's and fixed the proble now just hve miss fire in cyl 6