: Which spark plugs to buy? Supercharged 6L

dssrocks
07-06-09, 12:12 PM
I was wondering what type of spark plugs are recommended for my 2006 EXT with a Magnacharger supercharger installed? I have recently been pulling a holiday trailer and notice the high carbon build up on my exhaust, thinking maybe a spark plug replacement would not be a bad idea.

Thanks in advance!

GCOP
07-06-09, 11:51 PM
What are your EGT's looking like?

dssrocks
07-07-09, 03:04 PM
What are EGT's and where do I find them?

pcguy760
07-07-09, 03:45 PM
EGT = Exhaust Gas Temperature (correct?). On certain vehicles, some of the higher end scan tools can display EGTs and I think those some of those OBD2 to PC Scanners do to - heck you can get one of those for like $40 or so on Ebay and then if you have a laptop, you can monitor all kinds of stuff in your vehicle via the OBD2 port and even do some realtime recording while driving (if you are into that kinda stuff :))

Have you considered getting it Dynotuned by a reputable tuner? You will be surprised how much difference a good tune on a modified or forced induction (ie. supercharged or turbo charged) vehicle will make ;) Usually a (reputable and good) tuner will examine the plugs after a good run on the dyno and determine which type of plugs would be best for your vehicle BEFORE he does the further tuning...

Something to consider...

GCOP
07-07-09, 08:49 PM
What are EGT's and where do I find them?

Exhaust Gas Temp....most forced induction set ups should be monitored with an EGT gauge. It will let you know how lean/fat you are running. I was asking to see if maybe a slightly colder plug may be in order for you.