: Decided to remove AR Headers....

kencav
07-06-09, 08:07 AM
Fine product, been on car for 2 weeks- but with corsa's a bit loud for me- as loud as WFM exhaust- and they are tunable but not with the WFM tune- GREAT PRODUCT AND EXELLENT SERVICE/SUPPORT from Nick at ARH- so if anyone very wants a good deal on headers and is prepared to dyno tune for them PM me.......

Will now go back to stock with corsa, modded airbox/CAI, and 9.5 ring/pulley with WFM pulley tune- also have front heat exchanger

Anyone else beside Cadv who had some problems running just pulley/intake without problems? Insights?

Thx

neuronbob
07-06-09, 08:37 AM
Sorry to hear of your decision.

The V2 is still a new product, so I understand there are kinks to be worked out in terms of the tunes and equipment available. I was thinking about doing some of these mods but will wait until they are proven quantities (e.g. successful on multiple daily driver cars).

wait4me
07-06-09, 10:20 AM
Ken send me the headers, i will fix them, slap them on a car, make sure they dont throw any codes and send them back to you. no charge...

The Tony Show
07-06-09, 11:28 AM
Now that's a great offer. :eek:

Tuan_CTSV
07-06-09, 11:32 AM
Now that's a great offer. :eek:

Hey Kencav, I'm interested in buying your headers. My PM is not working, so can you email with the info? topendusa@yahoo.com
Thanks
Tuan

SSideways
07-06-09, 04:25 PM
Kencave,

what's the problem your having? with ARE headers

neuronbob
07-06-09, 04:36 PM
Wow, what an offer from Jesse. Maybe it's not time to throw in the towel yet....

chopmeat
07-06-09, 05:36 PM
I'm putting the AR headers on right now at the Vette Doctors.
I'm actually having them re-tune the car after Lingenfelter.
Lingenfelter changed 5 parameters, they hardly did anything.

kencav
07-06-09, 05:37 PM
Tuan I think i will send the headers to Jesse first although i am still deciding- if I change my mind I will certainly pm you so don't buy new yet!

SS-Problem is not the header but the need to dyno tune them- i do not desire to just turn off the rear o2 sensors to make them work- Jesse is willing to rework sensor positioning to work with HIS tune without shutting off sensors or dyno tuning which would leave a irreversible ECU footprint.

Anonfrank- agreed- we are all essentially guinea pigs right now- better not to mod and "cross your fingers". I still think mods that can be removed are very different then ones that leave a permanent computer footprint.

SSideways
07-06-09, 07:06 PM
kencave,

what wrong with the position on the rear 02 sensors?
if there positioned above the 3 oclock and 9 oclock that should be sufficient.

kencav
07-06-09, 07:16 PM
SS- from what Jesse has explained to me it is the depth of the sensor into the header that is the primary problem- I said repositioning but should hahe clarified that

SSideways
07-06-09, 07:32 PM
WOW!!! if its the depth ARE should to be fixing this mistake on there dime.

kencav
07-06-09, 07:48 PM
Nick spoke to Jesse and even sent bungs to my installer here in VA. Nick has been very responsive to input from Jesse, my installer and my concerns. Most people just turn off the rear o2s in this situation- tune them out. Trying to find a different solution here.
Here you though SS- we will see how this pans out.

neuronbob
07-06-09, 08:07 PM
Anonfrank- agreed- we are all essentially guinea pigs right now- better not to mod and "cross your fingers". I still think mods that can be removed are very different then ones that leave a permanent computer footprint.

....and we DEFINITELY, heartily applaud your effort and Jesse's (who's spent more time than anyone outside of GM Engineering with this car). :highfive: Your curiousity, work, and annoyance with the process of getting it right without CELs :) will make many people (e.g. me :) )happier down the line.

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-06-09, 09:26 PM
Had the same problem on S2000 headers and test pipe. Did you try adding a washer or 2? This solved it for us. It moved the o2 sensor a little further away. if htat doesnt work then a longer nipple will have to be welded on.

It's a quick, easy and cheap thing to try. Just clear down the code each time you add a washer. and repeat..

Just a thought

RapidRob
07-06-09, 11:11 PM
....and we DEFINITELY, heartily applaud your effort and Jesse's (who's spent more time than anyone outside of GM Engineering with this car). :highfive: Your curiousity, work, and annoyance with the process of getting it right without CELs :) will make many people (e.g. me :) )happier down the line.

X2 - exactly!! Thank you!:)

Rob

Gary Wells
07-07-09, 07:06 AM
I also would like to add my thanks and appreciation to those early experimenters who will make life easier and less expensive for everybody down the road.

kencav
07-07-09, 07:42 AM
Much appreciated, but please direct your thanks to my wife. Without her patience here I would be checking the fine print in my life insurance policy!

REDIMIX
07-07-09, 10:08 AM
WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE THE PART THAT MAKE'S POWER AND LEAVE THE PART THAT DOESN'T.I PICKED UP 50+ RWHP WITH HEADER'S AND TUNE AND MY CAR SOUND'S GREAT WITH THE STOCK MUFFLER'S.THE STOCK MUFFLER'S DIDN'T LOSE ANY POWER WHEN WE LEFT THEM OFF ON THE DYNO. MY CAR WITH HEADER'S, PULLEY, CAI AND TUNE JUST MADE 620 RWHP AT THE VETTE DOCTOR'S IM NOT TAKING MY HEADER'S OFF.:patriot:

Am. Racing Headers
07-07-09, 11:01 AM
Ken, I've spoken with your tuner regarding what needs to be done as per my discussion with Jesse. I value Jesse's opinion and made all the necessary adjustments for all present/future systems shipped. I think it's a huge step backwards removing your system. The ARH system was designed to deliver outstanding performance while providing many years of trouble free use. Resolving this issue is top priority.

Nick

BLACKMAX
07-07-09, 11:11 AM
I also have AR Headers with the stock exhaust cold air intake and it was tuned by the Vette Doctors. I picked up 50 plus horses to the wheels. And the car sounds great. I wouldnt take them off.:tisk:

kencav
07-07-09, 01:57 PM
My performance shop feels that their is a 50/50 chance the "fix" will work- don't like those odds- Nick has spoken with these guys

TO THE GUY WITH ALL THE CAPITOLS- I am glad you are making so much to the wheels- glad you are not having fuel issues over 600- my reservations are that with my corsa's this car is a bit loud for my tastes

I am sure that this problem can be resolved. I may hold onto the headers and let Jesse modify them- later on in my warranty perion i could always replace them if i decide to retire the v as my daily driver

Luna.
07-07-09, 02:06 PM
WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE THE PART THAT MAKE'S POWER AND LEAVE THE PART THAT DOESN'T.I PICKED UP 50+ RWHP WITH HEADER'S AND TUNE AND MY CAR SOUND'S GREAT WITH THE STOCK MUFFLER'S.THE STOCK MUFFLER'S DIDN'T LOSE ANY POWER WHEN WE LEFT THEM OFF ON THE DYNO. MY CAR WITH HEADER'S, PULLEY, CAI AND TUNE JUST MADE 620 RWHP AT THE VETTE DOCTOR'S IM NOT TAKING MY HEADER'S OFF.:patriot:

What was your stock run?

The pulley--crank or snout?

Those are awfully good numbers. Since I am basically doing the same modifications (everything is purchased...just waiting for some final R&D...) I'm very curious. I'd be delighted if I'm close to 600, but you are well over it. Very interesting...

Ken, I've spoken with your tuner regarding what needs to be done as per my discussion with Jesse. I value Jesse's opinion and made all the necessary adjustments for all present/future systems shipped. I think it's a huge step backwards removing your system. The ARH system was designed to deliver outstanding performance while providing many years of trouble free use. Resolving this issue is top priority.

Nick

My headers are not yet installed, but they were purchased a few months ago. Do I need to do anything with them?

chopmeat
07-07-09, 11:39 PM
I definitely think you should keep the headers ON and take the corsa off!
Put the stock exhaust back on!

kencav
07-08-09, 07:07 AM
chopmeat what are you basing that on based on my previous posts