: 180 Degree Thermostat ?

qictrk
07-05-09, 09:51 PM
Can someone please give me a part # for a 180 degree thermostat along with the brand? I've looked around, but can't find one. I don't want to go with the 160 in my area. Thanks in advance, Cecil.........:crybaby:

wait4me
07-06-09, 09:16 AM
Your stock one is close to that one already.

Rey
07-06-09, 10:00 PM
I have a Gen I CTS-V, but the issue should not be that different. Keep in mind that the temp. certification of any thermostat is the temperature at which the thermostat BEGINS to open. It is not representative of the final cruise temperature. For your information, my stock thermostat delivered a consistent 192 degree temp. I installed a so-call "180" from Lingenfelter and my cruise temperature rose to 198 at cruise. Finally, I went to a 160, Lingenfelter again, and now my cruise is around 180.
Now on a hot day or in city stop and go driving it is safe to assume your thermostat, whatever its temp rating, will be higher; and that cooling will be largely determined by what temperature the fans activate.

Remo
11-09-09, 12:38 AM
has anyone got to the bottom of this? I just got a tune and was told to run a 180. I cant find one, ahyone help my with this?

Remo

qictrk
11-09-09, 02:13 AM
I ended up geting a 160 with my tune. I believe that is what you will have to get. Cecil...............

musclesbmf
11-09-09, 03:19 PM
has anyone got to the bottom of this? I just got a tune and was told to run a 180. I cant find one, ahyone help my with this?

Remo

No, you don't "HAVE" to, it's just a good recommendation. Keeps everything running cooler and keeps the ECU from pulling timing when the temp gets too hot.

Mark