: Cruise Control

Onalaska
07-04-09, 01:43 PM
I have been looking at XLRs and found a 2006 V that I am interested in. I was wondering if the V's were all equipped with the adaptive cruise control. Everything I have read just says it has cruise, but no detials.

DTS Diamond
07-04-09, 02:15 PM
The V has cruise control but not adaptive cruise control. Adaptive only on standard XLR. Doug-J

Onalaska
07-04-09, 03:25 PM
That's a bummer. I didn't get it on my STS and was looking forward to having it on an XLR. I can't believe they left it off the V it's such a neat feature. However it looks like the other features of the V (horsepower) will more than offset the loss of the adaptive cruise. I am going to look at a non V and a V on Monday and try to make up my mind. Thanks for setting this straight. - Steven -

Dr. Design
07-06-09, 07:31 PM
We here a lot of mixed reviews from our customers regarding ACC. The problem is if someone jumps in front of you the car slows down pretty quickly thus making the driver pretty nervous is someone is trailing them a bit too close.

Good luck with your decision, I am sure you will be happy.
Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

That's a bummer. I didn't get it on my STS and was looking forward to having it on an XLR. I can't believe they left it off the V it's such a neat feature. However it looks like the other features of the V (horsepower) will more than offset the loss of the adaptive cruise. I am going to look at a non V and a V on Monday and try to make up my mind. Thanks for setting this straight. - Steven -

ccclarke
07-07-09, 01:42 PM
Until I tried it, I thought Adaptive Cruise Control was kind of a gimmicky accessory. No more. Along with keyless ignition, and a HUD, I wish my other cars had them.

ACC shines in light freeway traffic and long, interstate driving. When it starts getting dense, I wouldn't recommend it. In situations where you wouldn't use a normal cruise control (heavy rain, and traffic) you wouldn't employ ACC either. As previously stated, with the XLR-V you gain a serious horsepower increase over a stock XLR (and just about everybody else out there) and still have the use of a normal cruise control. I have a CTS-V and my base XLR is more than fast enough for me. In fact, I don't drive CTS nearly as much any more, so I'd recommend driving both types of XLR and choose what makes you most happy.

CC

Marc333
05-31-11, 11:45 PM
Adaptive Cruise Control (or assisted cruise control aka ACC) is a tremendous feature. It takes something that is generally unusable on typical freeways and makes the feature something that can be used safely for a daily commute.
The only way to use basic cruise control on busy freeways is to block up a lane that would normally travel faster than you so that you don't need to keep stomping on the brakes. And that simply isn't considerate of your fellow drivers.
I have ACC on my G35 and I don't think I'll buy another car without some form of adaptive cruise control. It should be the new standard.

I suspect the only reason people aren't requesting it more is because they haven't been exposed to it. Otherwise, the masses would be demanding it.

Personally, I'll be delaying my next purchase until it becomes standard.

ccclarke
12-08-11, 12:53 AM
Awesome post Rocksteve! The depth of your knowledge is exceeded only in your ability to explain it in clear, concise terms for us. I look forward to more of your insight.

(Gizmo: As Mod you really might consider previewing the links and content these auto-post programs are capable of generating; the sender's first post is usually a dead giveaway.)

CC

GizmoQ
12-08-11, 03:26 AM
Thanx CC, been a long month already.