: 1967 Fleetwood questions

05devilledave
07-03-09, 10:37 PM
I have 2 questions, one is, how do I get my turn signal indicators to work again, I put in new bulbs and no success. I could trace it all down, or look online, but maybe one of you guys have already fixed these and can say "Oh, fix this or that, and thats it" Secondly, how do I remove the bezel for the instrument cluster. Thanks

77CDV
07-03-09, 11:49 PM
You probably need a new flasher, it should be located under the steering wheel, usually mounted to the lower instrument panel cover. Removing the instrument cluster bezel will likely involve removing the top of the instrument panel. Should be a couple bolts over the speedo cluster and a couple more over the glove box door. It's been a while since I've looked at the inside of a '67, but I think you need to remove the A-pillar garnish mouldings before you can remove the upper dash panel.

05devilledave
07-04-09, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the info, my turn signals work, but not the indicators out on the fenders. I cant wait until I am done with all this work and can spend my days cruizin in the Brougham.

77CDV
07-05-09, 03:18 AM
Oooh, OK, I'm not sure if they're fiber optic in '67 (like '71+) or an actual bulb. Take a peek and see where the wire leading to them goes. If it goes to the corresponding front directional signal housing, it's likely fiber optic and just disconnected or broken. If it leads into a wiring bundle, then it's likely an actual bulb, and good luck replacing it.

05devilledave
07-05-09, 10:35 AM
Mine takes bulbs, and I took the headlight bezels off to access them. Pretty easy really. I put in brand new Sylvania 1445 bulbs, and...zilch, nothing. They still wont work. I may need to do some tracing and see where the wire goes, I may need to re-run some wires or something. Its not a bad ground either. I took a piece of sandpaper to the bulb housing, and to a pieces of the inner body and touched the two together. No luck.