: cd changer came today but not wire or plug came with it please help

ThumperPup
07-03-09, 08:22 PM
Just got the CD Changer froma 2003 seville
from UPS delivery today
but there was no wire harnes or plug or pig tial wire comming form the back
someone once told me i think that the wires area lready in the car
but not sure if this is true or not
what should i do do i have to go buy a plug from a bone yard or dealership or what can i do

N*Caddy
07-03-09, 08:26 PM
The harness is in the car, unless you are planing to install it in an non standard location (out of reach of the factory harness) you donít need any harness.

ThumperPup
07-03-09, 08:59 PM
i wanted to put it in the glove box
if i remmebre righ tthe one tha ti talked to once said that harness is
run under the wood paneling from the shifts so when the wood grain comes out to put the navi unit in is it easy to pull that harness out and then jsut run it threw the glove box or somthing i just want to keep my center consol free i have alot of things i use that for
also is the plug harness the same in 2000 as it would be for 2003

N*Caddy
07-03-09, 09:45 PM
Yes the plug it is the same, only that the data wire works on a different protocol in 2003 is common with the car data bus (OBDII) while in 2000 is a separate data bus between the CD changer and HU.
So when you will put your NAV unit in the car make sure you reroute the CD data wire in the back of the HU from pin E1 (the way you have-it now) to any of the pins F6 or E6 (connected to one of the PPL wires).

ThumperPup
07-03-09, 09:57 PM
Yes the plug it is the same, only that the data wire works on a different protocol in 2003 is common with the car data bus (OBDII) while in 2000 is a separate data bus between the CD changer and HU.
So when you will put your NAV unit in the car make sure you reroute the CD data wire in the back of the HU from pin E1 (the way you have-it now) to any of the pins F6 or E6 (connected to one of the PPL wires).

cool cool thanks
was just worried about not having the cable there but happy it is didnt know if it was or not for sure
jason is going ot be doing the instal for me
so ill be able to learn somthing and be able ot learn how to do things so next time i get a car i think next thing planed is maybe a 2004 seville in a year once i get my credit back up so i can trade in and get somthing a bit newer that way ill be able to know how to do it myself next time i need to do it

Thanks

N*Caddy
07-04-09, 12:11 AM
By the way the 2003 CD changer is NOT the compatible with 2000, shure hope you got the 2003 one...
The one I got (compatible with the NAV unit) is P#25740088.

ThumperPup
07-04-09, 02:23 AM
By the way the 2003 CD changer is NOT the compatible with 2000, shure hope you got the 2003 one...
The one I got (compatible with the NAV unit) is P#25740088.

the Navi HU that im getting is from a 2005 deville

the CD Changer i got is from a 2003 seville

are you saying that the 2003 cd changer wont work with the 2000 harness that is already in there or are you saying somting els

the HU navi unit is 2005 the cd changer is 2003

this is the info from the ebay auction on got the unit from

Wiring Harness : Not included
Type : 6 Disc Changer w/Cartridge
Part or Model # : 25740086
Part Source : Original Equipment
Source If Aftermarket : Matsushita
Vehicle - Stock # (office use only) : V90472
Vehicle Body Type : Car - 4 Door Sedan
Vehicle Make : Cadillac
Vehicle Model : Seville
Vehicle Year : 2003

N*Caddy
07-04-09, 02:50 AM
Well from a lawyer point of view it will not work, one is OBDII based (2003) another is E+D protocol, but the connectors are the same and with a very simple rewiring you will get it going.
But donít worry since you said CadillacSTS2003 will help you he knows what is doing, the part you need to know is you got the correct parts. :thumbsup:

ThumperPup
07-04-09, 11:20 AM
Well from a lawyer point of view it will not work, one is OBDII based (2003) another is E+D protocol, but the connectors are the same and with a very simple rewiring you will get it going.
But donít worry since you said CadillacSTS2003 will help you he knows what is doing, the part you need to know is you got the correct parts. :thumbsup:

yup got all the parts except the navi unit wich ryan is going to ship out on Monday and the harness that Jason has for me
so all is cool going ot have my navi in next week yayyyyy