: Dumb me on the mp3. haha.

STE_6000
07-03-09, 06:09 PM
Figure i post this cause i didnt know it. I am so use to seeing the mp3 logo on radios that play mp3s. i also thought that only the navigation radio sts was able to do mp3. little did i know that the standard, non-nav, also plays mp3s. so ya im happy as hell. haha. ya caddy!

hyperboimmv
07-23-09, 04:38 AM
Question: Do the cars with the dvd changers play DVDs loaded with MP3s?

EChas3
07-23-09, 05:05 PM
Question: Do the cars with the dvd changers play DVDs loaded with MP3s?

No, they missed on that one.

hyperboimmv
07-23-09, 06:16 PM
But they play CD's loaded with mp3s then, correct?

EChas3
07-23-09, 06:50 PM
mp3 CD's should be fine. See Page 3-13 of the Nav Manual.

hyperboimmv
07-24-09, 07:43 AM
What I get from that is that it may also play DVD-R with MP3's burned depending on how its burned or what its burned with... Cause it has that very clause in the statement?

K STS
07-24-09, 09:37 AM
Where do you see that?

stevenriz
07-24-09, 11:22 AM
the manual states DVD-Audio but doesn't specify whether it can play MP3s or WAVs or what not. I think I will try burning a DVD+R and a DVD-R with MP3s to see what happens.

AllWheelEric
07-24-09, 12:32 PM
the manual states DVD-Audio but doesn't specify whether it can play MP3s or WAVs or what not. I think I will try burning a DVD+R and a DVD-R with MP3s to see what happens.
I have tried MP3 DVDs. No dice.

MacMuse
07-24-09, 01:34 PM
the manual states DVD-Audio ...

'DVD-Audio' a.k.a DVD-A is a specially formatted DVD for audio playback. It is not just a collection of computer audio files, but more like a commercial audio CD.

I don't have any personal experience with this, but Ulead's DVD MovieFactory claims to able to burn DVD-A discs. Perhaps others as well, but it's definitely less supported than most other formats due to very restrictive licensing.

widmann@hotmail.com
07-25-09, 10:32 AM
yeah, i agree.. DVD mp3 do not work.. You can rip the MP3 to a DVD disk using audio format.. Looks like CD-Mp3 is the best choice at this time.. Still not to bad 6 disks, 200 per disk 1200 songs..

hyperboimmv
07-25-09, 06:11 PM
Well what I read was "This system can play different types of media formats: DVD - Video, DVD - Video (DTS), DVD - Audio, CD - Digital Audio (CD - DA), CD-DA (DTS), CD - Text, CD - Extra, MP3 - CD, CDR and CDRW. The system may also play DVD - R and DVD - RW type discs depending on the writing software used" and assumed that depending on how it was burned, it could be done with MP3s, but if its been tried, there is no point arguing it LOL. I was just hoping... LOL

R1chard
07-26-09, 03:31 AM
I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a finding I came across today.
I managed to successfully burn a DVDAudio with MacMuse's suggestion of Ulead's DVD Movie Factory. The trick was to record it as a LPCM (Linear pulse code modulation) DVD-Audio disk to which the nav unit can understand.

There is a catch though, even though you are burning songs into the DVD you are still limited in size. For example with a regular DVD-R (4.7GB) I was limited to ~99 songs versus a MP3 CD (700MB) with ~160 songs. I don't know if it was just a placebo effect or what, but the DVD-A I made did sound better than the comparative MP3-CD however I'm not an audiophile.

Tomorrow my next test will be with a DVD+R DL (8.5GB) however I'm not sure if it will work. I know for a fact the Nav DVD unit accepts DVD+R DL but I have not heard anything regarding DL and the audio unit.

:hide:

K STS
07-26-09, 02:57 PM
Please let us know. Id much rather have 100 songs that sound GREAT on a DVD than 160 on an mp3 that sound ok.

STE_6000
07-27-09, 12:15 PM
i dont think there is any indash aftermarket units that do dvd mp3s let alone stock, but cadillac dealer here in maryland said they are not capable that way, only cd.

OlManRivah
07-27-09, 01:17 PM
The system may also play DVD - R and DVD - RW type discs depending on the writing software used" and assumed that depending on how it was burned.

This is true with most players that accept DVD's. That is why they say MAY. If your Burning software is compatible, Your DVD-R or RW disc is compatible, and the Gods approve, it may work......:hmm:

Don't use cheap media, use a quality DVD-R.