: 0% financing on a CTS-V ?

tdinut
07-03-09, 12:29 PM
Is it possible? I really need to wait for a 2010 but this sounds tempting.

Joe

mik2718
07-03-09, 12:52 PM
The Cadillac advertising for the 0% for 60 months offer says:

"Monthly payment is $16.67 for every $1,000 financed for 2009 CTS models. Excludes CTS-V. Example down payment: 13.8%. Some customers will not qualify. Take delivery by 7/6/09. Not available with other offers. See dealer for details. "

Gary Wells
07-03-09, 12:59 PM
I was hoping for the same thing, but I called my dealer Wed afternoon and they had just gotten the notice in, and they confirmed that it excludes the CTS-V. Tough.

GM-4-LIFE
07-03-09, 12:59 PM
I don't think GM will offer 0% financing on the V. It is a low volume production vehicle and it wouldn't be worth it to them unless they had thousands of them sitting on dealer lots, which they don't.

I would say that the Corvette would have more of chance in getting 0% financing before the V. GM has done it before on the Vette. I had 0% financing on my 2002 C5/Z06 and 2003 C5/Z06 back when GM offered it. When GM offered 0% financing on Vettes, they sold like crazy a few years ago because people knew that if they passed up 0% on the Vette, they were going to miss out on a very rare opportunity.

SG

tdinut
07-03-09, 01:03 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. I can't believe I did not see that. I guess I started feeling faint with excitement.

Joe

haterinc
07-03-09, 01:17 PM
i wondered because i got an email from another caddy dealer (that i've been talking to about an escalade ext to add to the fam) and it said 0% on everything except xlr. i haven't had a chance to ask them about that as i just read it this morning...

Cadillac Tony
07-03-09, 01:20 PM
CTS: 0% up to 60 months (excludes V)

DTS/STS/Escalade/Hybrid/EXT/ESV: 0% up to 60 months

SRX: 0% up to 72 months

As usual, if you take the alternate APR it replaces any "customer cash" incentives.

V-Eight
07-08-09, 10:17 PM
What about the STS-V?

mik2718
07-08-09, 11:11 PM
What about the STS-V?

It's not specifically excluded, like the CTS-V is, but new STS-Vs might be hard to find.

Cub Cadet
07-09-09, 12:50 PM
This is stupid. I refuse to buy something that is not 0% financing... if they do not offer on the V, then I will not buy. This was the only GM product I was interested in so I could use my employee discount, but at this rate, I will be getting into another brand other than GM. They offer it on everything else, why not this car? Is it really making them money? They would sell out of this car if it were 0% financing. You can't tell me that is a bad thing for GM.

Razorecko
07-09-09, 01:07 PM
^ thats probally the reason- why should they do 0% on a vehicle thats actually moving - that'd be like gm doing employee pricing on ZR1's. It just wont happen

CIWS
07-09-09, 01:08 PM
This is stupid. I refuse to buy something that is not 0% financing... if they do not offer on the V, then I will not buy. This was the only GM product I was interested in so I could use my employee discount, but at this rate, I will be getting into another brand other than GM. They offer it on everything else, why not this car? Is it really making them money? They would sell out of this car if it were 0% financing. You can't tell me that is a bad thing for GM.

They are apparently not having a problem selling that car or they would almost certainly offer 0% for it. Let's face it the lots are not sitting there populated with Vs just sitting around not being sold. Too limited in production numbers for that.

The Tony Show
07-09-09, 01:13 PM
BMW's best offer on their $90,000 M5 is 2.9% financing. Considering you could probably get 4.9% on the CTS-V through a Credit Union AND save thousands with your employee discount, the V will probably end up $25,000 less expensive even when you factor in the difference in interest rate.

Quite honestly, I fail to see how the lack of 0% financing would cause any logical person to avoid looking at the car- unless they're just looking for a handout.

CIWS
07-09-09, 01:15 PM
Considering you could probably get 4.9% on the CTS-V through a Credit Union AND save thousands with your employee discount, the V will probably end up $25,000 less expensive even when you factor in the difference in interest rate.

My C.U. is currently offering 3.99% on new cars. :yup:

mik2718
07-09-09, 01:17 PM
Although a few dealers, like our friends on this board, are willing to be reasonable on the price of a CTS-V, it appears that many dealers around the country (including the one where I bought mine locally) aren't interested in budging much from MSRP. They don't have to; they're not sitting on very many unsold CTS-Vs and neither is GM. I had to have my car trucked in from 1,000 miles away to get the color/option combination I wanted.

mik2718
07-09-09, 01:19 PM
C.U. here is offering 3.7% for up to 66 months on new cars. Credit unions tend to have the best car financing.

Krug Ford
07-09-09, 02:17 PM
I wish they had that all of mine would be gone already.

neuronbob
07-09-09, 03:44 PM
^ thats probally the reason- why should they do 0% on a vehicle thats actually moving - that'd be like gm doing employee pricing on ZR1's. It just wont happen

+1 It's all about supply and demand, and we're lucky that there aren't more dealers trying to charge well ABOVE sticker for this car.

Though 0% would pull a lot more people off the fence about buying a V.

Cub Cadet
07-09-09, 03:59 PM
Do they really make money off of the higher interest rates? Somebody does, but it is more than likely not GM. If they offered 0% financing, they would sell more cars and make more money that way. I am not understanding why a company in bankruptcy would not want to unload every car they could as fast as they can. Maybe new incentives will pop up now that todays bankruptcy proceedings went well. If nothing changes, I will probably go and buy a Ford product. I actually have the most respect for them since they have not become unraveled like Chrysler and GM.

The Tony Show
07-09-09, 04:12 PM
If you're more worried about who you're buying it from than the car you'll be driving every day, then that sounds like a swell way to do it. I personally wouldn't punish myself by taking an inferior product just to spite GM, but whatever floats your boat.

V-Eight
07-09-09, 04:45 PM
I will probably go and buy a Ford product. I actually have the most respect for them since they have not become unraveled like Chrysler and GM.

That's because they sucked from the beginning

Cub Cadet
07-09-09, 07:12 PM
I don't want to bash Ford, GM or Chrysler - all have made good and bad cars. However, you cannot argue that Ford is doing the best in sales. They don't make anything that really makes me want to buy it, and neither do GM or Chrysler. The only car that stood out to me was the CTS-V, but if GM won't give 0%, then I will end up buying a Ford.

Tasos
07-09-09, 07:18 PM
Cub, you're coming across as a spoiled brat. What Ford even comes close to the V? Nothing, nada, zero, zilch. If you wanna play you got to pay. Good luck with Ford. Their forums may suit you better.

DStetter
07-09-09, 09:00 PM
I don't want to bash Ford, GM or Chrysler - all have made good and bad cars. However, you cannot argue that Ford is doing the best in sales. They don't make anything that really makes me want to buy it, and neither do GM or Chrysler. The only car that stood out to me was the CTS-V, but if GM won't give 0%, then I will end up buying a Ford.

Cub I agree if GM will not do 0% and GMS at the same time than when I am ready to buy I will look elsewhere. I personally will look towards BMW or MB instead of Ford but to each his own.

Everything I own is worth ALOT less now than it was a few years back, in my opinion if GM is unwilling to help out the people buying thier cars with offers like 0% and GMS than too bad for me.

RapidRob
07-09-09, 10:08 PM
^^^ Man - Do you seriously think BMW or MB are going to baby you with discounts like 0% financing or a GMS equivalent on their upper-end performance vehicles? Dream on dude ... :bonkers:

Rob

vperl
07-09-09, 10:19 PM

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

when is your boat leaving the dock.....

wave...wave

vperl
07-09-09, 10:22 PM
Cub I agree if GM will not do 0% and GMS at the same time than when I am ready to buy I will look elsewhere. I personally will look towards BMW or MB instead of Ford but to each his own.

Everything I own is worth ALOT less now than it was a few years back, in my opinion if GM is unwilling to help out the people buying thier cars with offers like 0% and GMS than too bad for me.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

please get on the boat.....

I see it started to float away....

bye.. bye

neuronbob
07-09-09, 10:57 PM
I can't blame you guys for being cheap--I am firmly in the "just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it all" camp. I bought largely because I was able to obtain a GMS number, and got a good financing percentage. (Lease a CTS-V? ROFL at the AWFUL rates U.S. Bank offers....cheaper to finance....)

It's a bit much, though, to say you are going German or to Ford as neither of them is going to offer that great a deal on financing for their top-shelf sports sedans (or Mustang in the case of Ford). I'm not criticizing, just saying.

mik2718
07-09-09, 11:15 PM
If some other manufacturer offers a vehicle as good as a V, at the same price, with 0% financing, I say ... go for it!

And please tell the rest of us where that bargain can be found.

marktanner
07-09-09, 11:51 PM
The CTS-V is doing so well, relatively speaking, that not only are there no general incentives, but no special ones either. I recently got a GM owner loyalty voucher for $3500 to $4500 to purchase any new GM car EXCEPT the CTS-V. Not even the ZR-1 or hot selling Camaro is excluded, just the V!

The other posters are correct that there are no ultra-low interest rate loans for M-cars, AMG, etc. These cars are being heavily discounted, because they are selling poorly. Even discounted, they are still more expensive than the V. Plus, they are all showing terrible resale value, much worse than what the V is doing now.

If CTS-V sales tank, one can expect to see incentives, but so far, they obviously see no need. Keeping the car more exclusive is good for those of us who already own one, because it will keep resale high. We all would have liked 0% financing, for sure, but that didn't stop any of us owners from purchasing, did it? Nobody forced us to buy, either. Just goes to show that the right product, priced well, can flourish even in a recession. This car has no true competition for the money, period.

Razorecko
07-10-09, 09:55 AM
Another reason why gm isn't flexing on the V is because they dont have to...you dont like the price on the V than buy an equivalent MB or BMW that will cost you near $6x figures. Be glad they aren't raising prices but dont be suprised if they do by fall.

CIWS
07-10-09, 10:10 AM
I can understand someone wanting to see 0% offered even on a car brand's top of the line performance sedan. So currently they're offering 0% for 60 months on the Pontiac G8 sedan right now. So go and buy you one. :yup:

Cub Cadet
07-10-09, 12:43 PM
I think you guys are misunderstanding me and my questions. First, I do not believe that GM makes any profit from selling a car and the finance rate be upwards of 5%. The only way they would make money is by havoing GMAC have the cheapest rate in town when you go to finance. We all know that NEVER happens. So, the local banks / credit unions are the ones making the money. I do not get this - why does GM care what cars have 0% financing? They do not profit in anyway from some financing a car since most do not use GMAC anyway (unless you have crappy credit and they are the only ones that will finance you).
Second, I did not say that any other car compared to the V. You are all right that it is the best car out there - absolutely no argument from me. However, if no 0% is offered, than I will sacrifice and buy something different that I know will not have the same power / comfort. For power, I will just retain my F150 Lightning and run 450 RWHP all day long. No big deal. I just wanted to get down to 2 cars and have a fun 6spd to drive.

Tasos - I am personally offended at your comment that I am a brat. You do not know me at all. I have a bachelors in engineering from GMI, as well as an MBA and work on the side as a Firefighter / EMT-B. I do all that I can to help others, and I enjoy fast cars. I am not on here to judge others - just have fun talking about one heck of a car, the CTS-V. My opinion of 0% financing is just that - an opinion. If it comes, I will buy. If not, I will look at other companies for another type of vehicle.

mik2718
07-10-09, 01:24 PM
If GM raised the MSRP on CTS-Vs by $4,000 and offered 0% financing for 60 months, would they sell any more Vs than they do now?

The Tony Show
07-10-09, 02:06 PM
Your assertion that GM's financial gain remains the same regardless of the interest rate is flawed.

First off, General Motors does not own GMAC - they sold it several years ago. So forget about looking at this in terms of how GMAC's rate affects GM's profit, because GMAC is owned by Cerberus, not General Motors.

Second, no one loans money at 0%- NO ONE. If you get a 0% offer on a product, the manufacturer of the product is paying your interest to the lender for you, or "buying down" the rate. This is why on cars with 0%, you have a choice of either the cash rebate OR the 0% financing- if you waive the rebate, they just give it to the lender to buy down the rate instead of giving it to you.

Since there are no cash incentives on the CTS-V, there is not going to be any 0% financing. To offer it, GM would have to pay GMAC to buy down the interest rate, thus spending incentive dollars that they don't need to in order to move cars.

Cub Cadet
07-10-09, 02:50 PM
Thanks! That was exactly the explanation I was looking for.

Jpjr
07-10-09, 03:16 PM
There is no 0% on the V... but I think they will need to do some form of financing incentive as early as next month when the 2010s hit dealers. Either that or lower the price since people will be stuck with a year of depreciation on a 2009.

Bottom line: If the V2 is selling really well there won't be many left by Labor Day. If there are many left, then they will need to incentivize them relative to the 2010s. I am either waiting for a 2010 or will take a 2009 with <2.99 rate.

mik2718
07-10-09, 04:43 PM
I don't think there are "many" V2s sitting around now, so there probably won't be many 2009s left by Labor Day. Many folks (including me) had to search far and wide to find the combination they wanted, which would indicate that the supply is somewhat limited (aside from Black Raven, maybe).

Does anyone know how many V2s are languishing, unsold, around the country right now?

DStetter
07-10-09, 11:42 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

please get on the boat.....

I see it started to float away....

bye.. bye

Your so witty, it must feel wonderful looking down on people though your keyboard.

It is amusing to see how some people think they need to defend GM. I guess anyone that even suggests a car is over priced or look to save a few dollars are just so stupid because they dont understand what they are getting. Man I hope those defending GM paid exactly MSRP or more and did not look for any discounts at all. It must be nice to be living so large.

^^^ Man - Do you seriously think BMW or MB are going to baby you with discounts like 0% financing or a GMS equivalent on their upper-end performance vehicles? Dream on dude ... :bonkers:

Rob

Not 0% but I have seen 2.9 and some actual lease options on a nice 5 series or M3 and a year or two old M5 or E65 AMG is pretty reasonable since it seems all cars are just not holding thier values. I think the finance rate on the used M5 or AMG will also be pretty poor right now and unfortunatly I am not in a position to buy it without financing.

I think that even though the V is priced very competitivly to its new MB or BMW counterparts, I am going to buy a car that I feel is the best value and not blindly hand over MSRP because some people feel your getting more than you deserve at that price. To me a company that had to file chapter 11 and is in existance today because of tax payer dollars that I helped out with, should be doing everything it can to sell cars.

One last thing, Cadillac right now has 0% financing on almost every car in thier lineup including the STS-V. Is it really that unreasonable to suggest or ask that GM run 0% on the CTS-V?

vperl
07-11-09, 12:18 AM
Your so witty, it must feel wonderful looking down on people though your keyboard.

\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually I am on my High Horse, and very happy that I purchased my V2 from one of our forum dealers that gives get prices and a no BS sale and these guys are actually great guys..... go figure....

Defend GM, well so what ? you or anyone else can defend the euro/Asian snobs all you wish.... who cares.......
You might remember, this forum is for the V2.... as an owner
do you figure I'd not be a tad prejudiced?

go fish off some other dock

Cub Cadet
07-11-09, 07:14 PM
vperl - Thanks for your professionalism and maturity... just what I expected form a smart Cadillac owner.:rolleyes:

vperl
07-11-09, 07:35 PM
vperl - Thanks for your professionalism and maturity... just what I expected form a smart Cadillac owner.:rolleyes:

you are so very welcome.

form ??????

Buy American steel

tbss08
07-11-09, 08:46 PM
Doesn't 0% financing hurt the resale value of the cars as well? Look at what happened to the Corvette when GM started pushing the 0%. Sales went up but the resale value dropped like a brick.
If GM is offering 0% it is because the vehicle has been over produced.

The Tony Show
07-12-09, 03:23 PM
.... and a year or two old M5 or E65 AMG is pretty reasonable since it seems all cars are just not holding thier values. I think the finance rate on the used M5 or AMG will also be pretty poor right now and unfortunatly I am not in a position to buy it without financing.

Since the new style CTS-V hasn't been out for 2 years, that's an impossible comparison.

One last thing, Cadillac right now has 0% financing on almost every car in thier lineup including the STS-V. Is it really that unreasonable to suggest or ask that GM run 0% on the CTS-V?

STS-V has been discontinued, and no one will buy it at anywhere close to MSRP now that the faster, better handling and more equipped CTS-V is available for less. The STS-V needs the help- the CTS doesn't.