: Its official M5 vs V2 Below 150 MPH

BAZ007
07-02-09, 03:54 PM
With the various videos interduced , i think this is the most clear one and just cuts out all the argument of a drag race between the M5 & V2 below 150 MPH, now for something above 150 MPH.

This was posted by one of M5 Forum Members, i think they wouldnt be able to say much this time like they did every other time. (Car wasnt in S6, RPM didnt go to 8750, M5 started late ... etc) :banghead:

Good Kill ... :lildevil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=402U7Uk1Zhc

neuronbob
07-02-09, 04:09 PM
This is a repost. Tuan posted his video today. :) Sorry, man!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/173612-putting-v-vs-m5-critics-test.html

BAZ007
07-02-09, 04:36 PM
This is a repost. Tuan posted his video today. :) Sorry, man!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/173612-putting-v-vs-m5-critics-test.html

ahhh shoot .. i missed it .. my bad !!!

delte the post pleae :banghead:

SRT8/BMW
07-02-09, 06:08 PM
With the various videos interduced , i think this is the most clear one and just cuts out all the argument of a drag race between the M5 & V2 below 150 MPH, now for something above 150 MPH.

This was posted by one of M5 Forum Members, i think they wouldnt be able to say much this time like they did every other time. (Car wasnt in S6, RPM didnt go to 8750, M5 started late ... etc) :banghead:

Good Kill ... :lildevil:

M5 vs V2 40 MPH - 150 MPH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=402U7Uk1Zhc)

your not going to believe this--the BMW guy posted this alright--and claims victory!

"said they were even at 150. I saw this race three times in the original post..the V doesn't just win..it walks away easily all three times.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/139921-my-m5-vs-09-cts-v.html

Jayrcr3
07-02-09, 06:16 PM
LMAO! If you read the you tube comments, they act like that M5 really took off and caught him at the end. Maybe he hit the nitrous. lol

neuronbob
07-02-09, 06:26 PM
Maybe he hit the nitrous. lol

ROFL! "Too soon, Junior!".

vperl
07-02-09, 08:16 PM
ROFL! "Too soon, Junior!".

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

euro snobs unite, what else would expect them to claim ?
Get real, they would claim they won no matter what.... sounds just like the same things that are happening in the world today.

Claim you won and avoid the truth.

The V obviously won, you can see the V put his brakes on as the m5 catches up

Gary Wells
07-02-09, 08:51 PM
A new twist to the old '80's Buick GN license plate frame "We brake for corvettes"
"Caddy brakes for bimmers"

Luna.
07-02-09, 11:06 PM
your not going to believe this--the BMW guy posted this alright--and claims victory!

"said they were even at 150. I saw this race three times in the original post..the V doesn't just win..it walks away easily all three times.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/139921-my-m5-vs-09-cts-v.html

That's pretty funny. That isn't close, the V clearly pulls on the BMW.

Unfortunately, I can't get the M5 boards to work

Gotham CTS-V
07-03-09, 08:30 AM
I just traded my M5 for the CTS-V. The M5 is fast top-end, but under 120mph, the V will be putting enough lengths on the M5 that it won't matter. The M5's torque seems childish compared to the G-force inducing idle-to-redline roller coaster ride of the V.

Off the line, I also can't see an M5 beating the V.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Tuan_CTSV
07-03-09, 09:43 AM
Here's the video to prove that the M5 was losing every time.

http://www.vimeo.com/5418863

Gotham CTS-V
07-03-09, 09:55 AM
That vid says the M5 is chipped! Not that a chip makes a BIG difference, but it is definitely something to consider. Imagine if the CTS-V had the ECU tuned...

SlvrBullIT
07-03-09, 10:57 AM
V 3, M5 0 <epik fail> Denial is NOT a river in egypt, the V strutted away and let you catch up Mr. Bimmer.... sheesh

the cadillac kid
07-03-09, 02:22 PM
"Do runs from 70 and make sure you nail it at the right time, and you will win it."

starting to sound like honda civic drives with these race requests :histeric:

The Tony Show
07-03-09, 02:36 PM
I don't know why I go and read those BMUU boards- it's always the same crap. "Yeah he smoked the M5, but the M5 has been out for 5 years, the Caddy is for old men, the BMW is better quality, blah blah blah snob snob snob...."

It's a race- that's it. They lost, so they change the subject to be about something other than the race (like the resale value or quality). It would be like a boxer getting his ass beat in a fight, but then claiming he's still the winner because his wife is hotter than the other guy's. That may or may not be true, but the fact remains that he still got his ass beat.

Anyone with a membership to that forum feel free to copy and paste this post there.

haterinc
07-03-09, 04:20 PM
agreed with TTS... M BOARD... more like M BORED... cuz their same ol shiz bores me. until the Germs (lol) bring out a higher HP platform it will take those guys another $20k to play... on top of the $30k they overpaid ;)

wfo
07-03-09, 06:29 PM
Where was the finish line? I see there was still road to travel and V was being caught. Or was the V slowing down?

TAGZO
07-03-09, 07:24 PM
It was too obvious that the V slowed down at the end! There is no way he could catch up like that; only if he had a minimum of 100 shot of nitrous. And the girl was saying "GO DADDY" :lol:

vperl
07-04-09, 01:42 AM
replay the video if you look close you will notice the V's brake lights before the M5 gets close.....

What does that mean, any ideas ?

jlford30
07-04-09, 07:25 AM
Maybe according to M5 pundits....He just turned on his headlights so the tale lights came on too....uh huh uh huh yeah Derrrr

vperl
07-04-09, 07:36 AM
Maybe according to M5 pundits....He just turned on his headlights so the tale lights came on too....uh huh uh huh yeah Derrrr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You have to give them credit, they really feel insulted.... and hurt....

is that grabbing at straws ? Yep, that's me fumbling around to ..

Wait a minute I all ways have my lights on.....

Maybe some don't run with the lights on.....

Now that's a survey question...

1-2-N-V
07-04-09, 08:01 AM
Alright! love it! Can't tell at what speed they started at any one know and was the V a manual? In a race with a G8 somewhere at 50 mph in 5th gear (manual) I Dropped the clutch and slammed into 3rd, the car made a loud chirp and fired off, quickly rowing from third to 4th not to hit the rev limit and then to 5th again. I ran away from that guy. This was a hopped up G8 to boot (like 400+ RWHP)as i got a chance to talk to him a couple weeks later. At the time my car was bone stock, no tune.

I have only a wet weather roll with an older M3 cant even compare that as my ASS is just to squirley for any wet weather racing. Came up on E63 once ,he checked me out but didn't want to race. While driving my truck came up on a new M5. figures while i got my truck.

So anyone have some good shift point numbers for best performance and racing like this? Someone on the Bimmer board posted something for the M. I am sure nowhere the same for a V. Anyne doing any note taking?

Gotham CTS-V
07-04-09, 09:36 AM
Probably by studying the dyno sheets, we can find the RPM's where the car would make the best power.

Gary Wells
07-04-09, 10:46 PM
Somebody send those guys some cheese. I've never heard a collective group of people whine that much since prep school. Not exactly good sports over there. Interestingly enough, you never heard the M5 owner state anything other than good sportsmanship remarks. Win or lose, if you whine that much in a turbo Buick crowd, they'll disown you in less than a heartbeat. Even at 40 MPH start point, you can see the front end of the Cad lift up slightly at impact point of the boost kicking in & taking over. Interesting race none the less.

ericpd
07-05-09, 08:07 PM
Somebody send those guys some cheese. I've never heard a collective group of people whine that much since prep school. Not exactly good sports over there. Interestingly enough, you never heard the M5 owner state anything other than good sportsmanship remarks. Win or lose, if you whine that much in a turbo Buick crowd, they'll disown you in less than a heartbeat. Even at 40 MPH start point, you can see the front end of the Cad lift up slightly at impact point of the boost kicking in & taking over. Interesting race none the less.

Collective whining is hitting dead on. Now they've resorted to banning folks over there who make the mistake of reminding them that the V2 is faster. I heard of other being banned but didn't believe it. Well I believe it now, they just banned me! LOL! It's almost like a political regime locking people up because they can't stand the truth. It's a shame. I always figured the M guys were a little better than that.

Gary Wells
07-05-09, 08:16 PM
Collective whining is hitting dead on. Now they've resorted to banning folks over there who make the mistake of reminding them that the V2 is faster. I heard of other being banned but didn't believe it. Well I believe it now, they just banned me! LOL! It's almost like a political regime locking people up because they can't stand the truth. It's a shame. I always figured the M guys were a little better than that.
They might be, but their ownership, management, administrative staff, & moderators may not be. The Cad CTS-V peeps need to band together and have a new variation of the Boston Tea Party. We don't even do that on TurboBuick.com. Amazing.

vperl
07-05-09, 09:48 PM
They might be, but their ownership, management, administrative staff, & moderators may not be. The Cad CTS-V peeps need to band together and have a new variation of the Boston Tea Party. We don't even do that on TurboBuick.com. Amazing.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Suspect the " term " that many blame me for using may be right for someone...... the M5 people that run the thing or the small minded thinned skinned babies that may have complained....
All I can say to them is ...... Nope I will not say it...

Gary Wells
07-05-09, 10:14 PM
J/ K, vperl, they all sound narrow minded enough to see through a key-hole with both eyes open.

SlvrBullIT
07-05-09, 10:18 PM
^^^^^
+1 !!!! LMAO :2thumbs:

ericpd
07-05-09, 10:20 PM
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Suspect the " term " that many blame me for using may be right for someone...... the M5 people that run the thing or the small minded thinned skinned babies that may have complained....
All I can say to them is ...... Nope I will not say it...

Oh don't think for a moment it actually bothered me guys. I was a little miffed at first at their audacity, but quickly realized that it's their way of copping with the fact that a crappy old American made car has bested their champion at it's own game. Weird ain't it?

LOL! Funny thing is, I made it a point to stay on my p's and q's as not to give them a reason, especially after hearing they were doing this. Oh well, I guess I'll wait 'til own an M car before I go off and let this bother me.

RapidRob
07-05-09, 10:30 PM
^^^ The mods over there are probably justifying their actions by calling anyone who mentions the v2, a troll, trying to cause trouble. Pretty pathetic IMO. :rolleyes:

Rob

FactoryFast
07-05-09, 11:54 PM
First off, it was a great race. From a light, either car could have won based on driver skill. Thats what I look for at least...it wasnt a landslide W. They are very close in power and ratio. Nice to see the Caddy has a HP cushion in case one is a lil jumpy off the line.

I have alot of experience dealing with mods. There was a VW tuner called eip tuning a couple years back who made BAD turbo kits. Guys coulnt break into the 12s with well over 10K invested. I had a lowly Stage I supercharger (320bhp/265tq) and the eip Stage Is would supposedly put down 450hp on the eip dyno. By some miraculous condition I was able to beat this 450whp car repeatedly during several pulls on the highway.

The war that ensued on the forums was huge, people quit the boards because of the bickering, some got banned. Sooooo many threads were blackholed. Somehow I managed to stay on board while being the loudest voice against eip because most of the eip turbo owners had to stay quiet hoping the company would come up with a resolution.

eip was a fourm sponsor so the politics were heavy.

On one fine day, I got to go back to back with the owners "bare bones" Stage I kit with a "race file" in front of thousands of dubbers at Waterfest. I gutted my car and also had a legitimate race file installed. I ran a 12.58 and he ran a 12.53. Everybody was stunned to see the cars pull those times. What really miffed everybody was while I had gutted my whole interior, the eip car was full weight with a sub and retardly heavy Zender wheels...yet lighter eip cars with upgrade options couldnt even see 12s...

After a good amount of research i found that one of the owners went to jail not too long ago for stealing freshly installed turbo kits only to turn around and sell them again. He reopened with a different financial backer and changed the name of the company from European Import Performance to eip tuning...kinda slick.

Well, I confirmed this as truth and when i posted that up I figured FactoryFast no moAr....but forum elders came to my rescue and helped keep the thread alive. Right around the same time rumor surfaced that the eip car was on spray and no such "race file" existed. eip dismissed all rumors that they never even messed with nitrous...

Yea well, it didnt take long before guys started ripping the turbo kits off, sold them on the forums, then went and posted up pics of the nitrous station lol. I didnt like those guys much because they resold a bad product and waited to get out before they threw the tuner under the bus. I think thats why the mods tolerated me...because I called out everyone.

Shortly after the jail thing and the "sneaky pete" nitrous scandal, along with all the blown motor threads, eip went under. They opened back up to work on Subarus...we warned those forums as well. I threw my tuner under the bus before I pulled my kit just to prove my point. I was still able to sell it with no false pretense.

Wow, so yeah...its all in how you word your statements. As much as you want to call people names and bicker over the small stuff, its always better to pick and choose your battles. Here the V2 is King and im pumped for my brethren who own this spectacular machine!

Gary Wells
07-06-09, 05:42 AM
Very well penned, Factory Fast, and very informative. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for such an unbiased account of events.

^caddyowner
07-06-09, 08:15 AM
Lets let a little old tt6 play here

http://www.garaget.org/video/inx77q5r629k
50-250+Km/t BMW 335 Coupé 435 HK Vs BMW M5 E60 526 HK

FactoryFast
07-06-09, 09:37 PM
Very well penned, Factory Fast, and very informative. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for such an unbiased account of events.

no problem, as you can see I totally go caught up in the post...and that was a seriously condensed version lol. I built alot of mermories using the forums as my gateway. We just have to remember that at the end of the race we are all car enthusiasts...no matter what you drive.

vperl
07-06-09, 10:13 PM

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

is that Swedish

SlvrBullIT
07-07-09, 05:07 AM

No workie....:confused:

vperl
07-07-09, 10:29 AM
No workie....:confused:

works great

to play video, get flash player, dump the MAC

Luna.
07-07-09, 02:43 PM
That thread cracked me up...

Wow...some of the people over there are real jerks.

What's funny is that, unless I missed it, there was no discussion in terms of dollars spent to attain "X" level of performance.

Oh, sure, I saw lots of "more displacement, FI!" crap, but I didn't see a single person say,

"The V2 costs, say, $65k and performs better. How much does the M5 cost?"

And someone is going to have to explain to me how the M5 catches the V2 on the top end. It's illogical to me.

Oh, and if anyone wants to play the modding game, the M5 pretty much loses. It's going up against FI and that's not a fair fight.

Want to FI an M5? See comment above about, "How much did you spend again?"

I'm a huge fan of the M5, but the V2 is far better bang for you buck any way you slice it.

Now, which car gets the attention of women, well, I think the V2 is going to lose and lose badly there... :D

nynd
07-07-09, 03:56 PM
Depends if the women are standing at the end of the finish line.. LOL! Then you got everything!! LOL!

1BlinkGone
07-07-09, 04:06 PM

works great

to play video, get flash player, dump the MAC

Dump the MAC my eye... :thepan:
:p

Luna.
07-07-09, 06:59 PM
Depends if the women are standing at the end of the finish line.. LOL! Then you got everything!! LOL!

Very true.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that most women are as retarded about cars, and how fast they go, as we are! :cool2:

vperl
07-07-09, 08:21 PM
Dump the MAC my eye... :thepan:
:p

if you have a MAC ask how I knew ?

vperl
07-07-09, 08:25 PM
Very true.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that most women are as retarded about cars, and how fast they go, as we are! :cool2:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

on that theory, they love losers, and that is what they'd be.. losers

Most, ladies I know would appreciate a winner, the guy with the ...
well you get the drift

:hotdog:

Luna.
07-07-09, 08:54 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

on that theory, they love losers, and that is what they'd be.. losers

Most, ladies I know would appreciate a winner, the guy with the ...
well you get the drift

:hotdog:

Women seem to love BMWs...:hmm:

But, I hear where you are going...

vperl
07-08-09, 02:56 AM
on a totally off topic...

2010 Camaro has 25,000 orders ........ less than half have been filled..... sales of vehicle up41% from last recorded month
who says GM cannot make cars people want?