: Why don't they make this color interior anymore?

hueterm
07-01-09, 12:57 AM
Now it's either neutral/shale -- or it's brown......

They need to bring back the saddle/camel color!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=262722083&dealer_id=1360921&car_year=1994&rdm=1246420487734&model=DEV&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1994&keywordsfyc=__Y29uY291cnM,__&keywordsrep=099111110099111117114115&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=CAD&keywords_display=concours&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=60000&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=72712&advanced=y&end_year=1996&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=604&standard=false

Sandy
07-01-09, 01:02 AM
They need to bring back WHITE leather interior!
G.M.s last year that they offered White Leather was 1993, in ALL model Cadillacs, the Buick Riviera AND the Corvettes. Since 1994, the only car to have white leather has been the Mustang GT.

The closest is the Chrysler 300 in The "Heritage Edition" called Pastel Pecan, which is allmost off white. I WANT WHITE LEATHER !!!:D

hueterm
07-01-09, 01:03 AM
I need something that will mask the dirt ;-)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-01-09, 01:09 AM
Ugh, goat shit brown. :nono:

hueterm
07-01-09, 01:20 AM
If that car had been black, there would have been trouble.....

orconn
07-01-09, 01:23 AM
I quess it is just another way for them to keep the prices down. If you offer several different colors you run up line production costs. Since most chose neutral or black anyway to add other colors was probably thought to add to cost. Someone once said car building profitably is a nickle and dime business ...... we have seen the builders suck so amny nickles and dimes out of production cost that we the consumer ended up with crap! Fortunately, we seem at a better happy medium today. I have seen Sevilles with non standard colors, but assume the owners or dealers had then custom after amrket dyed. wouldn't work for white though Sandy ....... the trouble with white leather interiors is they look good when they are new, but quickly take on a worn and dirty look and cannot be kept clean and new looking. White is OK for a show car like yours and perhaps "blue hairs" in Miami but totally impractical for most anyone else.

hueterm
07-01-09, 01:24 AM
Sandy gives it the "Dove" treatment!

Aron9000
07-01-09, 02:43 AM
I had a 1990 Seville STS with that color interior. It was really nice.

I quess it is just another way for them to keep the prices down. If you offer several different colors you run up line production costs. Since most chose neutral or black anyway to add other colors was probably thought to add to cost. Someone once said car building profitably is a nickle and dime business ...... we have seen the builders suck so amny nickles and dimes out of production cost that we the consumer ended up with crap!

I think its dumb that they don't offer more choices for luxury cars. I can understand that reasoning on a $20,000 car, but the whole point of a luxury car is to have something unique and different.

As for the white leather comment, some of those neutral color schemes out there today are even more prone to staining/wear. GM offers a really light color on new DTS and Escalades that's a sort of cream white. The carpets and floormats are that same color, totally impractical. At least with the old cars with white leather, you got dark carpets/kick panels/dash to hide some wear.

V-Eight
07-01-09, 04:30 AM
They need to bring back WHITE leather interior!
G.M.s last year that they offered White Leather was 1993, in ALL model Cadillacs, the Buick Riviera AND the Corvettes. Since 1994, the only car to have white leather has been the Mustang GT.

The closest is the Chrysler 300 in The "Heritage Edition" called Pastel Pecan, which is allmost off white. I WANT WHITE LEATHER !!!:D

Too true, white leather is the greatest. Man, I'd love to find a white leathered
Corvette.

Sandy
07-01-09, 10:22 AM
The hardest wear / dirt area is of course the driver's seat. If cleaned 6 X @ year, every other month, it will stay nice looking for a long time. It's the total neglect that makes any color dirty.

Leather cracking. Sadly, little you can do. Then the dirt goes to the cracks and is impossible to get out. You cannot go with ultra strong cleaners, as today the "color" is machine stamped ON TO the leather. Look at the back side of the leather swatches in the color & Trim books in the showroom. The backside all are the same wheat-color. SOooo, the color pigment also wears thin (or off, totally).
WhenI drive my '93 Sixty I sit on a piece of soft white velvet that covers my area. This to keep down friction between my pants or Jeans (Jeans are THE worst!). Friction wears off color (or wears it thin).

But, you are correct, for the average car owner, who is not a fanatic and speaks "oink" White is taboo. They need black, navy, maroon, and dark grey.

Submariner409
07-01-09, 01:19 PM
hueterm, My '65 Chevelle Malibu SS 327/350 was Emerald Green Metallic with a Saddle Tan interior. Very good looking car.

ted tcb
07-01-09, 06:35 PM
I kind of like that saddle colour, its unique and intriguing.

Still, other times it looks like the color of peanut butter.

Personally, I think the color works quite nicely on a white Deville.
It doesn't beling in an STS, IMHO.

77CDV
07-01-09, 06:57 PM
I want this one!

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/cadillac/bilder/75ca12.jpg

hueterm
07-01-09, 07:22 PM
Awesome...!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-09, 10:07 PM
I LOVE dark tan interiors. To me, it's the essence of class and luxury. The only cars nowadays that offer a dark tan (Cognac, Tobacco etc etc) colored interior are the high end European exotics, and I'm not talking Merc or BMW, but more like Ferrari, Lambo, Bentley, Rolls, Maserati, etc etc.

White leather would be nice too, but like communism, it only works on paper. In the real world, white leather would be a PITA to keep clean, unless it was in a show car and never used.

Earth colored leathers are my favorite. I like dark tan the most, but tan/neutral otherwise is good. Otherwise, black is always classic, but not something I'd wanna live with on a day-to-day basis (sun) and silver/grey BORES me. Red works well in classics, but in modern cars it doesn't work as well, plus when was the last time you saw a red cow? Never... Blue leather works well, because it's a little more believeable and less "in your face" than red is, plus blue is relaxing and red is enraging, lol.

My favorite Regal GS's have the Joe Abboud package. Part of the package was a two tone chestnut/tan leather interior. This one has it. I want.
http://images.cobaltgroup.com/7/9/5/613384597.jpg

Yes, I know it's polarizing, but *I* like it, and that's all that matters. :D

AMGoff
07-01-09, 10:26 PM
I agree completely... I've always loved the darker carmel/saddle/tan colors. Although it's definitely a bit darker, I was totally floored when the Saturn Aura XR came out with its option "Morocco Brown" leather interior - absolutely Love IT:

http://carwad.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/2009-saturn-aura-interior-view.jpg
http://66.160.188.111/.ee9ee2e/cmd.233/enclosure..ee9ee2f
http://homepage.mac.com/quagmire2/.Pictures/Picture%2012.png

Night Wolf
07-01-09, 10:30 PM
I'm tired of dealing with leather seats. IMO they do not offer any benefits other then simply "my car has leather seats", which dosen't mean much anymore because you can get just about anything other then the most basic econo boxes with leather. It isn't any more comfortable nor durable.

My BMW has vinyl seats, fooled me for leather, as it looks/feels just like Cadillac/Lincoln leather of the same area, except it is much more durable. I think they were redone in the past though. The Jeep has a great water-resistant very durable fabric that can get totally dirty/dusty/splashes of mud when wheelin, then go to the coin-op car wash, give it a good vac cleaning, then go over them with the foam shampoo/brush, then vac again, and they look like new. Either of which, I'll take over leather.

Personally I don't like that dark tan/brown, but color is subjective.

77CDV
07-01-09, 10:34 PM
I seriously miss having cloth as an option on most luxury cars. When you think Cadillac used to offer at least 5 to 7 fabric choices across its model lines, as well as leather, in a dozen or more color choices, it's really sad that the options today are so limited.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-09, 10:39 PM
I really liked the cloth in my '92 deVille. It was so soft and so plush. Totally unlike cloth used nowadays. It was more like a fine velour.

77CDV
07-01-09, 10:44 PM
It was a fine velour. But the fabrics offered in the mid-70s and earlier are just awesome. The byzantine brocades, thick sedate broadcloths, even the standard twill fabrics, all exuded a richness and class that modern cars are sorely missing. The cloth in my '69 FWB is just incredible, I'm always surprised how much I really like it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-09, 10:46 PM
The best cloth seats I've ever sat in were in the '84 Sedan DeVille (non D'elegance) I drove three years ago. SO MUCH PADDING.

Submariner409
07-01-09, 10:56 PM
If you could find a mint Polo Green STS and have someone make a two-tone saddle leather interior for it.........

Aron9000
07-02-09, 12:49 AM
I've always liked the King Ranch Ford trucks.

http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/f/x/08_kingranch_ftseating.jpg

http://www.cargurus.com/images/t26301/pic-55662.jpeg

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-02-09, 02:17 AM
I don't mind the saddle colored seats, but the WHOLE car, like the DeVille in the OP, is enough to make me puke.

Submariner409
07-02-09, 11:47 AM
The kicker with fabric seats in most cars, whether natural or man-made fiber, is that a woman in a skirt/dress has a miserable time sliding in and out of the car. Between the drag on the two fabrics and static electricity, it was suggestions from women which drove the changes to vinyls and leathers in all but the most basic of cars. A few exceptions, yes, but few and far between.

I agree with dirt cheap - the OP deville is a bit much, and that interior color is anything BUT Saddle Tan. Way overdone.

Sandy
07-03-09, 12:58 PM
Have a seat - but, PLEASE, remove your shoes.

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/P6250001.JPG

ryannel2003
07-03-09, 07:30 PM
That Saddle color looks pretty good in that Deville... but it looks terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE in the 5th Gen Seville's. I have no idea why, but it just doesn't look right in the car. It's not a color I would personally own, but it looks good on certain vehicles.

hueterm
07-03-09, 07:51 PM
I think it looks good everywhere...depending on the exterior color. (i.e. not so much w/white diamond and that puke green in the OP)