: A Riviera S/C for Chad

hueterm
07-01-09, 12:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Buick-Riviera-Supercharged-52-537-Miles_W0QQitemZ200357362170QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item2ea63ab9fa&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A-2|39%3A1|240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

orconn
07-01-09, 12:40 AM
Looks like a good find, and right up Chad's alley. Will be interesting to see what it goes for.

hueterm
07-01-09, 12:47 AM
Well....except for the wrecked hood. There were several on Autotrader, however they didn't have heated seats or sunroofs... One was black, however, in Chicago...

ted tcb
07-01-09, 06:39 PM
Beautiful car.
Sadly, it doesn't appear that Chad's S Class is saleable.
Lots of good buys out there right now .... cash is king.

77CDV
07-01-09, 06:43 PM

Oh, come now, it's only been two months..........:rolleyes:

thebigjimsho
07-01-09, 06:54 PM
Almost bought one of these for a winter beater. I really would've loved to have seen the styling evolution of this car...

AMGoff
07-01-09, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=ted tcb;1927092}
[/QUOTE]

To the contrary, the Rommelwagen is most definitely saleable... It's simply more a matter of whether the car is sellable at the price Chad wants and/or thinks it's worth. Unfortunately (especially in this current economic climate), no one is going to pay anywhere close to book value on a 12 year old MB (S Class or not), let alone more... From what I remember, he originally said it wanted $9K for and that may have been later revised down to $7K - which is still way too much for a private party sale, especially in a car market that's seemingly as shitty as the Min/St. Paul area.

I think I may have reserved comment on it before and not said anything... But it's simply neither realistic, nor probably even feasible. The truth is that all of our cars are "worth" a whole heck of a lot more to ourselves than they are to others... Granted, there always is an ass for every seat - with the only caveat being that one must be willing to sit on a car for a very long time if they wish to get an inflated price. I'm not saying the Benz isn't a nice car, because it is... and I certainly understand Chad's desire to not go upside down on the remaining balance. However, the longer he sits on it... The more money it equates to that has to come out of his pocket - so there has to be a reasonable line drawn at some point and time.

When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what we think a car is worth, nor how much a book says it's worth - the true value of anything is solely determined by what the market is willing to pay for it... and the market just isn't there for a $7-9K private sale of a '97 Benz in the St. Paul area.

If it was me and I really wanted it sold, then I'd slap a $5K on it and put it out there... But at that point, if it were really me, then I'd just take it a dealer and try to work the best trade-in deal I could, since now we'd only be talking several hundred more than it's trade in value.

But again... That's just me because there's no way in hell I could sit on a car for months and months on end trying to eek out as much as possible - especially if it were my only car that was nickel and diming me to death and I really wanted to get into something else that was cheaper and more reliable - even if it meant taking a hit and rolling the remaining balance into another payment.

Sorry Chad... Don't hate me too much! :hide:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-09, 09:56 PM
Those are some of the finest Buicks made since the '60s, but I doubt I'll be replacing the Mercedes with one. There are no good ones locally, and who's gonna finance a car that's now atleast 10 years old?

Regal GS is very FTW.

77CDV
07-01-09, 10:23 PM
who's gonna finance a car that's now atleast 10 years old?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/21/Godfather15_flip.jpg/200px-Godfather15_flip.jpg (http://www.cadillacforums.com/wiki/File:Godfather15_flip.jpg)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-09, 10:24 PM
Are his interest rates comperable?

77CDV
07-01-09, 10:25 PM
Are his interest rates comperable?

He'll make you an offer you don't refuse.:D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-09, 10:27 PM
I think I'll keep the Mercedes. It's cheaper that way.

77CDV
07-01-09, 10:30 PM
A wise choice, my friend, for you and your kneecaps.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-09, 10:42 PM
A wise choice, my friend, for you and your kneecaps.

This'll be me if I miss just one payment...

http://www.geocities.com/sldawgs/images/Trivia/gun2.jpg

77CDV
07-01-09, 10:49 PM
Hey, he's a businessman. Blood is a big expense.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-09, 10:55 PM
You can't get your money outta a dead guy.

hueterm
07-01-09, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I didn't think about the financing limitation -- those Abboud GSs are really nice -- I liked the pic you posted in the other thread. The Regal will be faster too.