: What are you doing to burn MP3 CD-Rs or DVDs?

K STS
06-30-09, 11:40 PM
Hi All,

I dont know what the deal is. I burned my first few MP3 CDs fine, and use them every day for a month. Now when I try to burn a Video DVD or a MP3 CD-R disk, its says "DISC COPYWRIGHT ERROR"

I have been closing and finalizing the session, and using DVD-R for the DVDs, but I dont have any clue what im still doing wrong.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have nero as well.

Dougs06sts
07-01-09, 12:14 AM
Hi All,

I dont know what the deal is. I burned my first few MP3 CDs fine, and use them every day for a month. Now when I try to burn a Video DVD or a MP3 CD-R disk, its says "DISC COPYWRIGHT ERROR"

I have been closing and finalizing the session, and using DVD-R for the DVDs, but I dont have any clue what im still doing wrong.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have nero as well.

For the CD's I can answer. You must use a direct copy format in stead of MP3's as far as I know. I've had a legal backup copy working in my CD player. There may be a trick to the MP3's, but I don't know it.

K STS
07-01-09, 07:04 PM
anyone?

Superjim
07-01-09, 09:23 PM
anyone?

I use NERO.

Just drag the songs I want from my MP3 folder, and drop them in the files section of NERO, and then tell it to burn 'em. :) :)
Never had any trouble with it.

Jim

tlac
07-01-09, 11:47 PM
I use Win Media Player to burn my MP3 discs. I haven't had a problem yet and I burn MP3's from all kinds of sources. I have a bunch of burned DVD's and I had a copywright error with one, but another worked. I guess you'll just have to try different burning programs.

K STS
07-02-09, 01:13 AM
what were the settings you used on nero when burning?

nikosg21
07-05-09, 03:07 PM
does it matter if you burn it mp3 format or dvd audio??

widmann@hotmail.com
07-11-09, 11:11 PM
So, I'm a new owner of an 07 STS.. I was really excited to see 6 DL DVD changer (WOW!!!) I'm thinking 6X9 GB of music... that''ll work!! :)... but that's not how it's turning out... MP3 player is limited to only CD's not DVD.. you can use DVD audio that doesn't give the flexibility of MP3's or the incredible amount of storage the car can handle..

If you are still having problems using Nero on CD change your band of disk to Sony with the highest write speed you can buy that will help with the "write error" you are getting..

wutaguy
07-12-09, 11:03 PM
I use I-tunes (the free download) to burn to MP3. I get 100+ songs on each CD. Works great for me. Good luck.