: Need help finding weatherstrips, 90 Brougham...

06-30-09, 08:44 PM
Hello all, hate to join and just throw this question out there without searching through the boards for an answer first, but I only have computer access at work and I use it very little, so apologies in advance. I am looking for the door window weathstrips(not sure if this is the correct name) for my 4 door Brougham, but it seems all I can find is the actual door weatherstripping not any of the window rubber. Its the strip on the window that is squeedgie like that keeps water and such from going into the door. As I said I am only finding door weatherstripping and chrome moldings in my searches, and the front 2 doors need it bad so I need this ASAP as I want to fix up my new baby before it gets rusted from the insides. If anyone knows what the correct part is or where to get them let me know, thanks!!! Hope to browse around here when I get a chance and post some pics of my project/driver as I go along...

Cadillac Giovanni
06-30-09, 09:23 PM
Ah, yes. Such a piece of stripping is called a "beltline strip" by those in the know. I actually found one at my local GM dealership, believe it or not. It was only 30 bucks as well, which was quite reasonable. Occasionally they turn up one ebay (just search "cadillac" and "beltline" for about 200 bucks for the whole set.

I always wonder why small pieces of plastic or rubber cost so much. You can get a nice gold-plated watch for cheaper than that.

Speaking of which, I actually found a set. These things are hard to find, it's up to you whether or not you want to pay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-82-84-86-88-90-92-CADILLAC-BELTLINE-KIT-4DR-8-PC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQ hashZitem2c41996517QQitemZ190079132951QQptZMotorsQ 5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

07-01-09, 12:21 AM
AAAhhh! Thanks! Was thinking it would be around that, which I agree the price seems steep but oh well. Also found a set of tailight fillers browsing on here about $70 cheaper than anywhere else ive seen them, YES! :dance:

07-01-09, 10:12 AM
Since these things are impossible to find for coupes, i actually just bought this 3M weatherstrip tape at wal-mart and it is a thin strip that fit in perfectly. It looks and works great. It keeps water from going down into the door. I will post some pics.