: Today I had a chance to drive a CTS-V and turned it down.

zr1vet
06-29-09, 09:13 PM
I know. You're all thinking I'm crazy. I've been reading and learning about the CTS-V for the last couple weeks.
Today I had to go to the big city (Washington DC) for a meeting. If I didnít have to go to the meeting I was planning on going to Summit Point today to mingle with the people that went to the V-day III event. Even though I finished early I didnít have enough time to go to the track so I went to a local dealership to see this beauty/beast in person.
Today's reconnaissance was to see how the exterior, interior, and options look in person so I can decide what I want on mine. They had 4 for me to drool on and touch, plus one that was sold and ready to pick up. I have to sell one of my rides so I can come up with a deposit that will enable me to have a comfortable payment. I know if I got to drive it I would be intoxicated by the power and willing to do anything (anyone need a kidney?) to get one home sooner than my well thought out plan.
About 5 yrs ago I sold my ZR1 Corvette and have missed driving it. The news lately (Natasha Richardson, Billy Mays, Michael Jackson) has got me thinking about how short life is and why not enjoy it if you can without jeopardizing your future. That's why I'm almost ready to start locating my next toy/daily driver.
Thanks for all the info you provide.

vperl
06-30-09, 12:42 AM
I know. You're all thinking I'm crazy. I've been reading and learning about the CTS-V for the last couple weeks.
Today I had to go to the big city (Washington DC) for a meeting. If I didnít have to go to the meeting I was planning on going to Summit Point today to mingle with the people that went to the V-day III event. Even though I finished early I didnít have enough time to go to the track so I went to a local dealership to see this beauty/beast in person.
Today's reconnaissance was to see how the exterior, interior, and options look in person so I can decide what I want on mine. They had 4 for me to drool on and touch, plus one that was sold and ready to pick up. I have to sell one of my rides so I can come up with a deposit that will enable me to have a comfortable payment. I know if I got to drive it I would be intoxicated by the power and willing to do anything (anyone need a kidney?) to get one home sooner than my well thought out plan.
About 5 yrs ago I sold my ZR1 Corvette and have missed driving it. The news lately (Natasha Richardson, Billy Mays, Michael Jackson) has got me thinking about how short life is and why not enjoy it if you can without jeopardizing your future. That's why I'm almost ready to start locating my next toy/daily driver.
Thanks for all the info you provide.

If the dealerships you deal with are not giving good deals ......

Call our in house dealers.....They have been very good at supporting all the V2 owners..... Scott & tony both will give you a great deal...

even if they ship the V2 to your home you can save a bundle....

Superior Cadillac, in Michigan, and Plazza Cadillac, in Florida

they want to deal..... they did for me and I came 2500 miles to get a great deal and still saved...

mrdci
07-02-09, 11:18 AM
I know you probably stopped by Moore on 50 I was in there on Monday. They are a bit high compared some of the web prices and especially the GSM stuff offered up by Superior. Lindsay might be able to cut you a better deal but I haven't talked to them. I just haven't been able to talk myself into selling my 560RWHP GT500 for a V. I am out by Summit Point so you might see me around especially if you go to the Cone Zone in Ctown on Friday nights.

odla
07-02-09, 02:11 PM
that gt500 will feel slow when you spend that same amount of money that you did to make it that fast on the v your going to get. and you know you will get it. lol

zr1vet
07-02-09, 03:24 PM
MRDCI,
Actually went to Lindsay. Didn't talk $$. Plan on driving 2 on the 13th when I'm in the area again. Leaning towards an auto but need to make sure so I plan on driving both.

mrdci
07-02-09, 05:12 PM
that gt500 will feel slow when you spend that same amount of money that you did to make it that fast on the v your going to get. and you know you will get it. lol

I spent 43K on my 500 including the mods. So if I can get a V for 43K sign me up ; ) But back to the V. I looked at the Auto also. I love the Suede Wheel and Shifter with the Recaros. My old Evo had Recaros and I loved them. Good luck with trying to make the deal.

SlvrBullIT
07-02-09, 11:20 PM
43K on a 2010 GT500?!?!?!?! with mods....... I smell :bs: but if you really took a dealer.... :bows:

vperl
07-02-09, 11:38 PM
43K on a 2010 GT500?!?!?!?! with mods....... I smell :bs: but if you really took a dealer.... :bows:

Every now and again we have folks come on talk about how great some vehicle is.......

is this the V2 form or the forum of whatever....

some of these guys need to find their own place

mrdci
07-02-09, 11:54 PM
Its not a 10 its an 07. I've had it for over a year. Got it for that price last May before the car market went south. I wouldn't by a 2010 GT500 cause that rear end is UGLY!!!! I did have to fly to South Carolina and drive it home but hay they all still wanted 10 to 15 over sticker in the DC area when I bought it.

As for finding my own place we have Team Shelby for that. But I've been a member of this site when I was looking at V1s so thats was a year longer than some people. I love the V hell I love all the 4 door supercars. M5, M3, C63, E63 and I belong to several message boards. I just love talking and hearing from owners of cars I might actually buy instead of listening to Dealer or Magazine BS to make my decision for me.

SlvrBullIT
07-03-09, 12:01 AM
I was about to say, I was looking at the 10 GT500 and it was priced ~50K no mods, then I saw the V....... :D
Needless to say V beat 10 GT500 in every category... Don't get me wrong the GT500 is a nice car, just not in the same league.... IMO Ford still needs a IRS in the stang to be competitive, because Camaro is now a shoulder above it.

mrdci
07-03-09, 12:59 PM
I was about to say, I was looking at the 10 GT500 and it was priced ~50K no mods, then I saw the V....... :D
Needless to say V beat 10 GT500 in every category... Don't get me wrong the GT500 is a nice car, just not in the same league.... IMO Ford still needs a IRS in the stang to be competitive, because Camaro is now a shoulder above it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/coupes/2010_chevy_camaro_ss_vs_2010_ford_mustang_gt_2009_ dodge_challenger_r_t_comparison_test

The GT beat the SS even in the handling. The IRS adds weight and the car is a pig compared to the GT.

marktanner
07-04-09, 01:40 AM
Please note that all of the tested Mustang GT's have the "track pack". Like CTS-V's with a stick, I bet that option will be rare in real life. There is plenty of room for improvement in the SS suspension. Note, there is not a Z-28 yet (which was supposed to get the LSA, also). Not exactly a direct comparison.

jvp
07-04-09, 05:23 AM
Note, there is not a Z-28 yet (which was supposed to get the LSA, also). Not exactly a direct comparison.

The Z28 is a dead duck. It's not going to happen. Bank on that one.

jas

SlvrBullIT
07-04-09, 12:39 PM
This is first of a new gen Camaro, let the market smooth out the handling ripples. The stang did drive nice but like any live rear axle including 2 previous camaros I've had.... Wheel hop BAD, hit a snag in the road while turning, the @$$ is all over the place. The stang is even worse, it's so light, test drove the 2010 GT grabber blue and while going over some uneven road the rear was hopping all over the place. I did like the car though, was even considering the IRS mod I found online. That was until the wife said NO and I found the V and the wife said YES, I still think she was scared when I said the M5 was 95K+ and told her the alternative was the V, much cheaper. She might even have said FINE with the GT500 had it not been delayed in release. GM/Ford are making some good looking "rides" these days: GT500 looks good, V - obviously awesome, Corvette, Camaro all superb... Challenger....um an aquired taste....

mrdci
07-05-09, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwCFIk0xH_s

Here's a new comparison. Hennessy Camaro vs GT500.