: It's the little things....

Leadfoot09
06-29-09, 07:35 PM
Just wanted to mention a little attention to detail that I think the V engineers should be commended for. I notice that when the car is very hot during the summer and I get in and have the A/C on Auto, and the air is blowing on high, if you make a call with the Bluetooth, the car automatically reduces the fan speed so you can talk on the phone without shouting. When you finish the call, the fan speed increases again. Not a big deal, but still a nice touch. My M5 does not do that!!!

RWFJR
06-29-09, 08:16 PM
Just wanted to mention a little attention to detail that I think the V engineers should be commended for. I notice that when the car is very hot during the summer and I get in and have the A/C on Auto, and the air is blowing on high, if you make a call with the Bluetooth, the car automatically reduces the fan speed so you can talk on the phone without shouting. When you finish the call, the fan speed increases again. Not a big deal, but still a nice touch. My M5 does not do that!!!

Sweet...:D

SlvrBullIT
06-30-09, 02:19 AM
:2thumbs:

Kadonny
06-30-09, 09:49 AM
I had the same thing with my STS-V. It's a cool feature for sure.

^caddyowner
07-02-09, 01:56 PM
. My M5 does not do that!!!

Funny, GM/Cad does things that make conducting business easier in the V and BMW does things that make DRIVING (like tightening up the seat side bolsters during cornering) easier in the M

Krug Ford
07-02-09, 03:30 PM
It does make it nice

SlvrBullIT
07-03-09, 02:16 PM
I'll take pre-setting the bolsters so the car doesn't have to guess when to inflate and for how large for $200 Alex......

^caddyowner
07-04-09, 12:37 AM
I'll take pre-setting the bolsters so the car doesn't have to guess when to inflate and for how large for $200 Alex......

That is what makes it tough to get in and out of.

SlvrBullIT
07-07-09, 06:16 AM
That is what makes it tough to get in and out of.

I just hit the middle button between 1 and 2 :D

Anyone notice when daytime running lights are on and you turn on the turn signal, that sides running lamp goes out so the only light on is the blinking turn signal..... love it :worship:

Kadonny
07-07-09, 10:01 AM
Daytime running lights? What are those?

I turn them off every time I get in the car during the day.

mik2718
07-07-09, 10:14 AM
Anyone notice when daytime running lights are on and you turn on the turn signal, that sides running lamp goes out so the only light on is the blinking turn signal..... love it :worship:

Hadn't noticed that. I'm usually not in a position to see the DRLs while using the turn signals. Thanks for pointing that out.

dvandentop
07-07-09, 11:31 AM
I just hit the middle button between 1 and 2 :D

same on the c6 vettes

SlvrBullIT
07-07-09, 08:57 PM
Another neat feature.....

If the Nav chick is talking, telling you to do something, you can use the volume knob to adjust her sound level independant of your stereo systems volume, but only while the nav is telling you to do something. Otherwise you gotta go through the "config" button to set the volume level.

To see the daytime running lamp turn signal, I noticed when I was behind someone at a light while turning left, I saw the reflection. At first I was like...WTF a head lamp is out!!! turned off the left blinking, and the lamp turned back on...I was like...I see what it's doing.