: Headlight Lens

AirForce81
06-29-09, 11:08 AM
Hello. I am new to the forums but have been reading for a while. I have an 05 STS with Nav and had a question. I read about the starter button being replaced while the car is still under warranty and took it in to the dealership and got me a new button. So that made me wonder what else they would replace. My headlight lens is doing something funky like peeling or something like that. Does anyone know if they would replace them?? Also what else have people gotten replaced under warranty??

Dadollac1
06-29-09, 12:30 PM
i've had replaced under warranty:
1. both headlight composites
2. power steering rack
3. start switch
4. front ashtray
5. wood around radio/nav unit
6. drivers seatbelt pre-tensioner
7. :alchi: hope no more problems

AirForce81
06-29-09, 04:00 PM
Thanks...why did you get the headlight composites changed out??

Dadollac1
06-29-09, 05:16 PM
They were changed due to moisture collecting in them everytime it rained.

Dougs06sts
06-29-09, 05:36 PM
i've had replaced under warranty:
1. both headlight composites
2. power steering rack
3. start switch
4. front ashtray
5. wood around radio/nav unit
6. drivers seatbelt pre-tensioner
7. :alchi: hope no more problems

I just had:
1. Battery - weak startup and inconsistent voltage readings.
2. PCM Reprogram - to fix the hard shifts from 2 to 3 / 3 to 2 under gradual acceleration / deceleration.
3. Headlight composite (passenger if it matters) - they would not change mine because "some condensation is normal" per GM. At least I have it documented, so when I go out of warranty, I can get them to do it if it gets worse.

Good Luck !

~ Doug

R1chard
06-30-09, 12:58 AM
I just had:
3. Headlight composite (passenger if it matters) - they would not change mine because "some condensation is normal" per GM. At least I have it documented, so when I go out of warranty, I can get them to do it if it gets worse.
~ Doug

The key is to walk in and outright mention excessive moisture on the headlights. That was it bypasses the "some condensation is normal". :thepan: