: New Tires for 05 STS Suggestion?

Unique Distributing
06-29-09, 01:42 AM
Hey Everyone
I am in desprate need for tires for my 2005 Cadillac sts. I am running with slicks now lol. my tire size is 235-50/18 in the front and 255-45/18 in the rear. Anyone know what are some good tires for a good price. I am hoping to get away with spending 500$ for all 4 of them. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on tires and where i can get them.

Thanks

porkfarm
06-29-09, 03:51 AM
I am thinking the new Conti's DWS for my rears. Nice price also.

Force-1
06-29-09, 09:29 AM
I am thinking the new Conti's DWS for my rears. Nice price also.

:werd:
Those look real nice. I may try them when my Kumho Escta ASX need replacing. I've put 18k on the Kumho's, no complaints.

Dadollac1
06-29-09, 12:35 PM
Last month I purchased a set of staggered tires(235-50/18 fronts ans 255-45/18 rears) for my STS. They were $411 shipped to my door. They are Sunny tires and so far they have worked pretty well for me. I have noticed that they are a bit noisey but if that doesn't bother you then check out www.tires-easy.com.They have a very aggressive tire tread design and they are great in wet weather also.

chkline
06-30-09, 11:39 AM
If you are after good fuel economy, then pick up a set of used Michelin's on ebay. I picked up a staggered set for my STS, and the fuel economy jumped up 2 MPG compared to the Sumitomo HTR tires that came on the car, and the Michelin's will last a long time as well!! I've tried a lot of tires over the years, and it is hard to beet the Michelin's for economy, life, and sooth ride.

lreddiablo
06-30-09, 05:28 PM
If you are after good fuel economy, then pick up a set of used Michelin's on ebay. I picked up a staggered set for my STS, and the fuel economy jumped up 2 MPG compared to the Sumitomo HTR tires that came on the car, and the Michelin's will last a long time as well!! I've tried a lot of tires over the years, and it is hard to beet the Michelin's for economy, life, and sooth ride.

? Did you get your car used, stock tires on the car are Michellin Pilot HX, which aren't all that great. However I heard good things and good reviews for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Planning on getting these myself when I need them in a couple thousand miles.

trackbait
06-30-09, 08:29 PM
? Did you get your car used, stock tires on the car are Michellin Pilot HX, which aren't all that great. However I heard good things and good reviews for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Planning on getting these myself when I need them in a couple thousand miles.

Plan on forking out big bucks for those! And I don't think they are that great a tire for what you have to pay for them. I put some on a G35 and they were wore out in 16,000 miles of mostly city driving. When they get down to 1/2 tread left, they get very noisy too. Goodyear F1 Eagle's are nice and quiet - 420 on treadwear, A rated, all weather for about 2/3 the price of Michelin's

But.. to each his own :cool:

Vince59
06-30-09, 09:36 PM
:werd:
Those look real nice. I may try them when my Kumho Escta ASX need replacing. I've put 18k on the Kumho's, no complaints.

I put the Kumho Ecsta ASX on my car and have been nothing but impressed with them.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/173007-255-50-17-sts.html

chkline
06-30-09, 10:18 PM

I did purchase the car used, and the dealer had put on the sumitomo's because they were probably the cheapest tire they could find locally. I have always been a fan of the Michelin energy HXMX tires. These are going to last longer and wear better than the Pilot AS which is more of a performance all season tire.

Unique Distributing
07-01-09, 09:55 PM
So I ended up buying Hercules Raptis WR 1 Ultra High Performance Tire which are a all season tire. I just put them on yesterday I origionaly had 235/50/18 on the front and 255/45/18 on the back. I went tot the tire guy and fund out that i could put all 4 tires at 255/45/18. So thats what i did. I paid 500$ total for all 4 of these tires installed. So far they are working good. As any tire on the STS V8 you do fishtail or spin out when the road is wet. I have found that this occures no matter what tire you put on even my michlins pilots i had before. So anyways So far these tires have been good to me . I have driven about 200KM on them so far without any problems. They handle well on dry roads too. So just for all you people out there. Here is another good tire for a good price. If i had the money I would of went with the Pilots but they wanted like 1000.00 for all four.