: Sign Up for Amsoil Preferred Customer Program and Buy Amsoil at Dealer Cost!!!!

GM-4-LIFE
06-28-09, 07:43 PM
I have seen a lot of you guys asking for Amsoil and wondering where you can purchase it.

Our company carries it and you can click here to place an order:

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/default.aspx?zo=1683845

Sign up for the Preferred Customer Program and buy at dealer cost. It pays in the long run and any savings these days is something we can't pass up.

If you have any questions, let us know!

Thanks!

SG

SlvrBullIT
06-28-09, 10:51 PM
So dealer cost (really???? or is smoke going in my tailpipe and not out?!?!) and is shipped straight to my door?

Recommend?
0-30 signature 6qts
ATF 14 quarts (x1 2.5 gallon, x1 1 gallon) Synthetic Low-Viscosity Automatic Transmission Fluid
2 quarts Severe Gear 75W-90
1 4oz bottle Slip Lock Differential Additive

marktanner
06-29-09, 12:16 AM
What do you recommend for the manual transmission, and what quantity?

GM-4-LIFE
06-29-09, 11:33 AM
SlvrBullIT,

Yes, this is no joke! Buy at dealer cost through the link I provided and get everything shipped right to your door!

The list you have is right on, but I would use the GM Limited Slip Additive instead of the Amsoil additive. The GM additive has always been the best.

marktanner,

Amsoil recommends their Torque-Drive Synthetic Transmission Fluid and Amsoil lists that you need 7.4 pints for the manual trans.

Hope this helps guys!

Thanks!

SG

1BlinkGone
06-29-09, 05:49 PM
IMHO that's some slammin' incentive.

RapidRob
06-29-09, 06:27 PM
SlvrBullIT,

The list you have is right on, but I would use the GM Limited Slip Additive instead of the Amsoil additive. The GM additive has always been the best.

FYI - I used the AMSOIL limited slip additive when I changed all fluids awhile ago, and so far no problems at all. Just sayin ... :)

Rob

C66 Racing
06-29-09, 11:53 PM
So dealer cost (really???? or is smoke going in my tailpipe and not out?!?!) and is shipped straight to my door?

The link provided by AERO1 above needs some clarification - if you use that you are taken to the corporate AMSOIL Online Store and tagged with his dealer number. But the prices are retail as can be seen near any of the prices in their store. To get dealer wholesale pricing, you need to click on the tab in the upper right (in the blue bar) titled "services" and add the "Preferred Customer Program" to your cart. With this addition, you'll get charged dealer pricing, which is about 25% under retail. :cheers:

SlvrBullIT
06-30-09, 12:57 AM
I C Thanks.

SlvrBullIT
06-30-09, 12:58 AM
If I use the Diff lube, doesn't come with Diff lock additive?

CadV
06-30-09, 08:30 AM

Amsoil says it is in there but I found out the hard way that our diff needs the additive. I got rubbing problems when I turned and it ended up being that the diff clutch was grabbing. Once the additive was put in the majority of the problem was removed (still slight grabbing) but the longer I drove the more it went away. Now it is totally gone.

C66 Racing
06-30-09, 10:38 PM

Agree with CadV though I can't speak from personal experience with the 09 CTS-V. The AMSOIL Severe Gear 75w90 does come with friction modifier in it, but at a slightly lower percentage than the GM fluid with friction modifier added. I've found that this is sufficient to prevent diff chatter in my 02 Corvette Z06 and in my 06 CTS-V, but for some reason, relatively new GM diffs, particularly those in the C6 Corvette, need an extra bottle of additive. I believe this is either due to a difference in diff clutch plate pressure or friction characteristics. As an FYI, AMSOIL now makes the additive in a squeeze bottle that is easy to add to the diff without draining the fluid that is already in it. Product code for this is ADATB. :cheers: