: Share some cool/confusin features of your sts

mikey1026
06-28-09, 08:36 PM
anything cool, unique you find out about your sts/ key fob that is kind of difficult to discover please share here

i will start-----*** i noticed that when turning up the volume on the nav screen i cannot see any gauge for the level of volume that is on?

maybe im just a newb...bought my sts yesterday:thepan:

mbnv992
06-28-09, 09:29 PM
That's one thing I do NOT like about my STS. There is no (at least, none that I can find anyway) volume level that you can see, you have to adjust it according to sound, there is no visual bar, graph, etc. If someone does know where one is, that would really be nice to see :)

next2pool
06-28-09, 09:57 PM
One surprising feature is that when you use Onstar, the A/C blower will reduce speed in order to reduce background noise and then after the call will return to whatever it thought it should be.

Dadollac1
06-28-09, 10:24 PM
if you have HUD then you have a volume bar graph in your display on the windshield for the radio/cd.

golfin0304
06-28-09, 11:10 PM
Is there anyway to turn down the brightness of the navigation screen? At night it is so bright.

dhemrick
06-28-09, 11:31 PM
Is there anyway to turn down the brightness of the navigation screen? At night it is so bright.

Make sure that in the configuration for the nav system that the nav screen is set to "auto". If it is set to "daytime", it will always be as bright as it is in the day time even at night.

This would be under the nav screen icon on the config screen.

dkozloski
06-29-09, 01:41 AM
I figured out everything I needed to know about my STS by reading the owner's manual.

Unique Distributing
06-29-09, 01:44 AM
haha that would be the ideal thing to do lol but then this site wouldnt exist! :)

b00001
06-29-09, 09:37 AM
if you have HUD then you have a volume bar graph in your display on the windshield for the radio/cd.

Not on mine. Is there a option for this somewhere? Mine is a 2008.

b00001
06-29-09, 09:44 AM
Intellibeam Headlights--- I have to turn them off anytime I drive at night. I will be driving down the interstate and I am "flashing" the people in front of me. High beams, low beams, high beams, low beams......This option is pretty worthless.

ifmracin
06-29-09, 11:45 AM
Intellibeam Headlights--- I have to turn them off anytime I drive at night. I will be driving down the interstate and I am "flashing" the people in front of me. High beams, low beams, high beams, low beams......This option is pretty worthless.

I wouldn't say worthless, on a 2 lane highway it works amazingly well.
Split four lanes are a different subject though.

WillySTS
06-29-09, 11:56 AM

I think it is great...its more diligent about making sure that I have enough light than I would be which means it's doing its job.:bouncy:

Dadollac1
06-29-09, 12:19 PM
b00001 there is nothing special to do. everytime i change either the radio station/cd player, station,track or volume it displays it in the HUD.

b00001
06-29-09, 12:24 PM
b00001 there is nothing special to do. everytime i change either the radio station/cd player, station,track or volume it displays it in the HUD.

Interesting. My HUD will display station/tracks upon change, but no Volume. Oh well. Thanks.

KARL DAHLEN
06-29-09, 01:57 PM
I am not sure I have intellibeam headlights. Everything seems there but they don't seem to work. 2008 STS DI6. Dose anyone know the build code? Thanks

b00001
06-29-09, 02:09 PM
I am not sure I have intellibeam headlights. Everything seems there but they don't seem to work. 2008 STS DI6. Dose anyone know the build code? Thanks

Part of "Y41" Lux level 2

KARL DAHLEN
06-29-09, 02:28 PM
Thanks

R1chard
06-29-09, 02:45 PM
Thanks

If the car is Intellibeam equipped the center rearview mirror will look like this from the outside of the car:

http://www.gmtcny.com/intell2.jpg

Plus you'll also have an additional button on the mirror itself (the one furthest to the left with a Headlight sign).:thumbsup:

MacMuse
06-29-09, 08:34 PM
That's one thing I do NOT like about my STS. There is no (at least, none that I can find anyway) volume level that you can see

This bugs me to no end. And I don't have a HUD.

To add a new thought - I just received my first insurance bill for this car. :gg:

trackbait
06-29-09, 09:44 PM
I would not say it is a cool feature, but the NAV programming is like trying to figure out how to launch the space shuttle. What a royal PIA that is.

My 'stick on the window' Garmin, just type in address and hit "GO", POI's a but a button away, same with detours. DO NOT LIKE THE GM NAV.. Even with lockpick.. Now I can see why they don't want you messing with it while moving. I can't even figure it out sitting still.... Way so complicated.

Why do the front seats feel (and sound) like an old matress? Getting out of mine, when my weight hits the bolsters, I hear springs creeking like an old rocking chair. That REALLY annoys me. My 02 Tahoe seats are far more comfortable, and even they aeren't near as comfortable as my sport seats in my C5 Vette.

I do like the the Corsa Exhaust, the six speed auto, rainsense, 15 speaker sound, DVD, Aux in Vid. I am going to use one of the govt coupons for a digital tuner, get a small dc/ac converter stick an antenna in the back window and bingo! Digital TV..on the move!

Dougs06sts
06-30-09, 05:30 AM
Double post.

Greg00coupe
07-01-09, 01:58 PM
The most annoying feature is that I need to open the drivers door before anyone else can get in. There is also a slight delay when I touch it. I'd prefer all doors open when I get in range with the key fob. Cooled seats are not that impressive. What happened to the automatic parking brake release that the old STS models had? For my trunk with the spoiler it is not well balanced and needs to ne slammed to make sure it is closed. I'd like a larger gas tank. I'd also like the radio to either be functional immediatly or not come on until the unit boots.

I like the ride but mag suspension is a waste. It will cost someone big bucks to replace the shocks someday, hopefully not me! Plently of power, it scoots....... I do like intelibeam. Would like to see the lights stay off unless its dark for the rainsense so I can leave it on all the time. I'd like a transmission dip stick. Don't know why tires sizes are different........ it's not a Vette. Fit and finish is very good. Not rattles creeks or such, it's an 05 with 50K. Like the personal greeting option, its a toy.......... Need a bigger glove box. Need to move 4 way flasher button to the dash. Dog hits it while waiting in the car everytime. Agree Garmin is a much better Navi system.

All in all I like the car. Fun to drive, good ride and a safe vehicle.

next2pool
07-01-09, 05:32 PM
The most annoying feature is that I need to open the drivers door before anyone else can get in. There is also a slight delay when I touch it. I'd prefer all doors open when I get in range with the key fob. Cooled seats are not that impressive. What happened to the automatic parking brake release that the old STS models had? For my trunk with the spoiler it is not well balanced and needs to ne slammed to make sure it is closed. I'd like a larger gas tank. I'd also like the radio to either be functional immediatly or not come on until the unit boots.

I like the ride but mag suspension is a waste. It will cost someone big bucks to replace the shocks someday, hopefully not me! Plently of power, it scoots....... I do like intelibeam. Would like to see the lights stay off unless its dark for the rainsense so I can leave it on all the time. I'd like a transmission dip stick. Don't know why tires sizes are different........ it's not a Vette. Fit and finish is very good. Not rattles creeks or such, it's an 05 with 50K. Like the personal greeting option, its a toy.......... Need a bigger glove box. Need to move 4 way flasher button to the dash. Dog hits it while waiting in the car everytime. Agree Garmin is a much better Navi system.

All in all I like the car. Fun to drive, good ride and a safe vehicle.

Good summary!!

Lifer
07-02-09, 02:06 PM
the most annoying feature is that i need to open the drivers door before anyone else can get in. There is also a slight delay when i touch it. I'd prefer all doors open when i get in range with the key fob. Cooled seats are not that impressive. What happened to the automatic parking brake release that the old sts models had? For my trunk with the spoiler it is not well balanced and needs to ne slammed to make sure it is closed. I'd like a larger gas tank. I'd also like the radio to either be functional immediatly or not come on until the unit boots.

I like the ride but mag suspension is a waste. It will cost someone big bucks to replace the shocks someday, hopefully not me! Plently of power, it scoots....... I do like intelibeam. Would like to see the lights stay off unless its dark for the rainsense so i can leave it on all the time. I'd like a transmission dip stick. Don't know why tires sizes are different........ It's not a vette. Fit and finish is very good. Not rattles creeks or such, it's an 05 with 50k. Like the personal greeting option, its a toy.......... Need a bigger glove box. Need to move 4 way flasher button to the dash. Dog hits it while waiting in the car everytime. Agree garmin is a much better navi system.

All in all i like the car. Fun to drive, good ride and a safe vehicle.

agreed! :d

Lifer
07-02-09, 02:08 PM
I figured out everything I needed to know about my STS by reading the owner's manual.

So, your not confused and you love it all, right?

EChas3
07-02-09, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't say worthless, on a 2 lane highway it works amazingly well.
Split four lanes are a different subject though.

There really should be a sensitivity or 'wide-angle' setting. Some drivers do run high-beams on divided highways regardless of oncoming traffic. A designer that does so should be chewed out. The DOT should force the manufacturer to fix it. The new GM would likely just disable the feature entirely if I complain.

Open Question:
Does your state cite offenders?

Judging by Wisconsin's high-beam offenders, there's no consequence to running on high-beams all the time in this state. Most other states' drivers seem well-behaved to me.

next2pool
07-02-09, 04:42 PM
Some of us may remember the "Autronic eye" that sat on top of the dash of up level GM cars that provided automatic dimming. It didn't work well then and it doesn't work well now :)

EChas3
07-02-09, 07:17 PM

Not so on mine!:helpless:

trackbait
07-02-09, 07:42 PM
:rant2::rant2: WOW.. this looks to have made a turn for the worse. It's become what dont you like about this car.... and the flood of responses are ringing out true.

I've got a LOT to bitch about on this car, which I am now wondering why I even bought the damn thing at 12 MPG city, which is most of my driving. Aforementioned bitches are the cheap seats, the nav, (non) working voice command, iPhone / bluetooth link up just appears UNfixable + more.

There is ONE thing I do like....

Today, it is 104 degrees outside. I work on the 9th floor of an office building, but believe it or not, I can point the FOB out the window down to the parking garage (1 level below a concrete ceiling) and the remote start WORKS perfectly! I was blown away. Had no idea it would go through concrete and thick office glass. Took the elevator down, walked down a flight of stairs and there it sat, engine purring and already quite cool inside. Now THAT is technology put to good use!

But... uh.... Doesn't the Viper Alarm system do the same thing for a hell of a lot less than I paid for this 08 STS?

WillySTS
07-02-09, 07:52 PM
:rant2::rant2: WOW.. this looks to have made a turn for the worse. It's become what dont you like about this car.... and the flood of responses are ringing out true.

I've got a LOT to bitch about on this car, which I am now wondering why I even bought the damn thing at 12 MPG city, which is most of my driving. Aforementioned bitches are the cheap seats, the nav, (non) working voice command, iPhone / bluetooth link up just appears UNfixable + more.

There is ONE thing I do like....

Today, it is 104 degrees outside. I work on the 9th floor of an office building, but believe it or not, I can point the FOB out the window down to the parking garage (1 level below a concrete ceiling) and the remote start WORKS perfectly! I was blown away. Had no idea it would go through concrete and thick office glass. Took the elevator down, walked down a flight of stairs and there it sat, engine purring and already quite cool inside. Now THAT is technology put to good use!

But... uh.... Doesn't the Viper Alarm system do the same thing for a hell of a lot less than I paid for this 08 STS?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I, for one, am passionate about my cars, especially the fast ones, and even with that there is a boatload of things that I don't like about them or that I feel can be vastly improved upon. So, I don't worry myself..I just improve what I can and get by with the rest.

By the way, the remote start works at distances upto 200 ft away.

MacMuse
07-02-09, 09:31 PM
OK, time for more cool...

I love the size of the in-dash Nav display (OK, I concede not liking much else about the nav)

This is the most comfortable driver's seat I've ever used. (6'4" 240)

Remote start with A/C support is way cool (pun intended). Bring it on Summer.

I LOVE hitting 90mph when passing with no increase in interior noise increase or stress to the car.

trackbait
07-02-09, 10:28 PM
By the way, the remote start works at distances upto 200 ft away.

From 9 floors up and through a layer thick of concrete parking garage?

This is the most comfortable driver's seat I've ever used. (6'4" 240)

You've got to be kidding.... My Vette seats put this to shame. My Tahoe seats put these to shame.... Average at best...

K STS
07-02-09, 10:51 PM
Did you really just say your corvette seats are more comfortable than the STS seats? Kill yourself. Ive had both, and they are nothing compared to the STS...

Dougs06sts
07-03-09, 03:09 AM
Did you really just say your corvette seats are more comfortable than the STS seats? Kill yourself. Ive had both, and they are nothing compared to the STS...

I agree. The only way to make your STS less comfy than a Vette's is to smack your marbles before getting into the car. Then again - to each his own. :bonkers:

MacMuse
07-03-09, 09:25 AM
You've got to be kidding.... My Vette seats put this to shame. My Tahoe seats put these to shame.... Average at best...

My comment is of course based on my personal experiences with more common family sedans and mini-vans. Never driven a vette, well, not in many many years.

Which reminds me the reason I bought the STS in the first place. After my Park Avenue died in February (engine failure brought on by improper coolant added a few years ago) I 'tried on' about 20 cars. I'm tall, especially long-waisted. The vast majority of new cars (excluding trucks/SUVs) have such a sloped aerodynamic windshield/roof that I cannot see the horizon (or stop lights or oncoming traffic) when I sit in these cars.

I was so angry about this one evening that I just callously stopped at a Cadillac dealer and asked to sit in the their cars just to see how they fit. I had no intention of buying a $50K+ car - it ain't in my budget.

The DTS - couldn't see a thing; couldn't even hold my head up straight with the seat "lowered" to the ground.
The CTS - better, but still couldn't safely see more than a car length or two in front of the car.
The STS - ahhhh, just right. I could see the horizon.

They had a 2006 STS on the lot. I drove it. I could safely see the road in front of me. Didn't even realize what kind of engine/sports car I was getting into, and bought it for $20K w/28K miles. It was the only car I tried that I didn't hit my head on the roof just sitting in the car. And that included an afternoon of getting into 10 cars at a CarMax.

Regulator
07-07-09, 01:02 PM
, Aux in Vid. I am going to use one of the govt coupons for a digital tuner, get a small dc/ac converter stick an antenna in the back window and bingo! Digital TV..on the move!
Sorry to disappoint you, however, DTV won't work in motion. *I have heard* that it is very choppy when the car is moving at all and only has gets the normal signal when stopped.

Only worth it if you are stuck in a lot of bumper to bumper traffic < 5mph

ahuyghe
07-07-09, 05:52 PM

Mine neither... I'd love to know how to turn this feature on...

Al

Dougs06sts
07-08-09, 03:50 AM
anything cool, unique you find out about your sts/ key fob that is kind of difficult to discover please share here

i will start-----*** i noticed that when turning up the volume on the nav screen i cannot see any gauge for the level of volume that is on?

maybe im just a newb...bought my sts yesterday:thepan:

My favorite cool features of the STS... The ventillated seat and the window locks after a Costco dog with Sauerkraut. That's just good family fun... :devilheh:

dhemrick
07-08-09, 10:59 AM
My favorite cool features of the STS... The ventillated seat and the window locks after a Costco dog with Sauerkraut. That's just good family fun... :devilheh:

I've noticed this about the ventilated seats too. I normally drive the STS-V that doesn't have the ventilated seats so this never occurs in my car, but I was driving our STS4 back from Atlanta after eating a nice Reuben sandwich (extra kraut), and I found that any, uh, "emission" that occurred down there was immediately spread throughout the car when the ventilated seats were on.... much to the chagrin of my other half who was trying to sleep in the passenger seat.:farting:

I guess the designers thought that Cadillac drivers never fart? :histeric:

EChas3
07-08-09, 03:44 PM
I guess the designers thought that Cadillac drivers never fart? :histeric:

Oh, I disagree! They worked with insight and the intellegence of a six-year-old practical joker. They built :farting: sound into the climate control as the first half of this undocumented feature. The design choice to substitute ventilated seats for cooled seats just completes the feature. :lildevil:

Force-1
07-09-09, 12:08 AM

But.....it's no longer family fun if you suffer underwear chili!

WillySTS
07-09-09, 01:26 PM
But.....it's no longer family fun if you suffer underwear chili!:annoyed:

That's just ...NASTY!:drool:

K STS
07-09-09, 01:42 PM
OK, lets try to stay on topic.

Dougs06sts
07-10-09, 03:19 AM
But.....it's no longer family fun if you suffer underwear chili!

That's an acceptable risk of being an extreme thrill-seeker. Besides, Costco sells the HUGE bottle of spray-n-wash. :thumbsup:

Force-1
07-10-09, 09:19 AM
That's an acceptable risk of being an extreme thrill-seeker. Besides, Costco sells the HUGE bottle of spray-n-wash. :thumbsup:

They sell cat litter too! :highfive:

EChas3
07-10-09, 03:20 PM
OK, lets try to stay on topic.

Nice try K, but potty humor goes on forever. :beavis:

MacMuse
07-10-09, 11:02 PM
I love the results of a recent experiment...

On the way to work a couple days ago, I drove with the ventilation system turned off. The windows were cracked open for airflow and it was a beautiful morning. At work I closed the windows since rain was expected. Before heading out for lunch, I remote started the car (remember, the ventilation system was off - no fan, no A/C, nothing). The sun was out and the temperature quickly climbing into the 80's. When I opened the door I felt a cool rush of A/C treated air - the system running full blast thanks to the Driver setting about activating the ventilation system when the car is remote started. And when I hit the button to start normal driving, the A/C system shut off - returning to it's previous state before I parked.

Very Cool. My previous car with a remote starter would just power up everything the way it was left when the car last ran.

EChas3
07-11-09, 01:03 AM
I love the results of a recent experiment...

On the way to work a couple days ago, I drove with the ventilation system turned off. The windows were cracked open for airflow and it was a beautiful morning. At work I closed the windows since rain was expected. Before heading out for lunch, I remote started the car (remember, the ventilation system was off - no fan, no A/C, nothing). The sun was out and the temperature quickly climbing into the 80's. When I opened the door I felt a cool rush of A/C treated air - the system running full blast thanks to the Driver setting about activating the ventilation system when the car is remote started. And when I hit the button to start normal driving, the A/C system shut off - returning to it's previous state before I parked.

Very Cool. My previous car with a remote starter would just power up everything the way it was left when the car last ran.

There's some debate about the seats. I think my seats will heat upon remote start when cold enough. I don't think they will ventilate upon remote start regardless of the heat.

Force-1
07-11-09, 01:11 AM
There's some debate about the seats. I think my seats will heat upon remote start when cold enough. I don't think they will ventilate upon remote start regardless of the heat.

My seat fans kick in when I use remote start.

nguyendot
07-11-09, 02:58 PM
From 9 floors up and through a layer thick of concrete parking garage?

My remote only works from 20-30ft away.

Even the manual says it will only work up to 30ft away... What gives? Useless remote start if you have to be right up on the car.

BaTu
07-11-09, 05:38 PM
I took my car in when the remote would only work from that distance and they changed the module in the drivers door. Now it works from 150 ft or so (I thought the manual said up to 300ft - no?)

mikey1026
07-19-09, 03:11 PM
WOW i had my STS for a couple of weeks and i did such a dumb thing, i put a pack of gum in that little slide-out drawer thing and i knew it was a tight fit but i closed it anyway to see if it would close and it did! NOW IT JUST WONT OPEN AGAIN>>>>>

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhelp? lol

K STS
07-19-09, 03:13 PM
good luck. I just had the dealer replace that, and they charged me $123.

Force-1
07-19-09, 07:22 PM
WOW i had my STS for a couple of weeks and i did such a dumb thing, i put a pack of gum in that little slide-out drawer thing and i knew it was a tight fit but i closed it anyway to see if it would close and it did! NOW IT JUST WONT OPEN AGAIN>>>>>

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhelp? lol

If your STS is still under warranty they should repair it for free. It's a known issue--poor design. I had mine fixed for free, and it was obvious they used e newly designed tray. I put the old insert back in, and the only thing I put in there now is toothpicks. Pretty much useless for anything else.

nguyendot
07-21-09, 07:55 PM
My manual actually states up to 30 ft.... lame

mikey1026
07-21-09, 08:19 PM
yup I took mine in to get fixed they charged me $48 but the kid delivering it to the specialist actually luckilly got it open and they didn't charge me haha :)

EChas3
07-21-09, 10:03 PM
yup I took mine in to get fixed they charged me $48 but the kid delivering it to the specialist actually luckilly got it open and they didn't charge me haha :)

Anyone else know the trick?

Hee hee hee!

ssstealth
07-21-09, 11:03 PM
After 3 years, I figured out a couple more tricks on a long trip last weekend...

When changing CD/DVD, I found that when you eject a disc, the system will IMMEDIATELY pull in a new disc if you have it ready. You do NOT have to wait and tell it to load a disc.

For pre-2007 models where the seek button goes to the next station instead of the next preset, I found teriffic results by using the voice command "RADIO NEXT PRESET"

mikey1026
07-21-09, 11:10 PM
pretty much put the car in Drive and rlly quickly punch the tray at the corners of the trayy and you could get it open..basically thats what the guy told me lol

also i noticed my sts tops out at 107mph...i was wondering why it automatically tops out at that speed, anyone get passed that?

mikey1026
07-21-09, 11:11 PM
i hate that DAMN tray im never using it again LOL =)

EChas3
07-22-09, 12:39 AM
pretty much put the car in Drive and rlly quickly punch the tray at the corners of the trayy and you could get it open..basically thats what the guy told me lol

also i noticed my sts tops out at 107mph...i was wondering why it automatically tops out at that speed, anyone get passed that?

It's set that way from the factory based on the tires. Some local 'Tuner Shop' has the tools, know how & lack of concern for liability to fix it for you.:helpless:

The ashtray trick is a 25lb rap on the right side of the console. In many cases, the ashtray works normally on the next try.:duck:

inurok
07-23-09, 07:31 AM
It would be nice if the sunroof closed automatically from the keyfob. I also think they should have had the 2 blink lane change feature that even my old 2003 BMW 745i had.

OlManRivah
07-26-09, 02:57 PM
No confirmation anywhere that the Sunroof is closed. It is very easy to be left partially open or in the ventilate position and not know it. I live in constant fear that my wife has not closed it all the way and rain will destroy my interior. Have I missed something here?

I love the Sunroof, but, no indication is awful. I'll take a beep, A DIC display, a nav display, a voice display, anything. The only way is to get out of the car and visually inspet it. And then, I'm not sure.......

CTBB
12-13-09, 11:09 AM
Cool feature just discovered; DOH! Momentary-touch start button....not "Hold 'til she starts" button, like the "passe'" ignition switch of old. :cool2: Very cool, and I wonder, when reading the "peeling start button", "broken start button" posts, if other owners have yet to discover this? I did a Search and didn't find any mention anywhere. Next stop; Owner's Manual!!

Glenn

next2pool
12-13-09, 12:46 PM
That is an interesting one--I know it only needs a momentary push but I still find myself holding it till it starts--I guess it's an old habit :)
Interestingly, many key start cars have the same feature. The switch only sends a signal to the computer which then takes over.

BaTu
12-13-09, 01:18 PM
It's just and quick tap for me 'cause I'm usually "buckling my seatbelt" while the car is cranking (I've had looks from passengers...) ;)

I guess all you have to do is let the computer know you'd like the engine running now, and it does the rest!

D&Ds_STS
12-14-09, 12:19 PM
Though not confusing, the STS push on/push off parking brake is a pain in the butt. I prefer push on with a release handle.

KARL DAHLEN
12-14-09, 05:43 PM
Though not confusing, the STS push on/push off parking brake is a pain in the butt. I prefer push on with a release handle.

I agree, half the time I forget to release until it beeps at me. My 92 STS had a push on, automatic release when you put the car in gear. Much better.

EChas3
12-20-09, 12:09 AM
Cool feature just discovered; DOH! Momentary-touch start button....not "Hold 'til she starts" button, like the "passe'" ignition switch of old. :cool2: Very cool, and I wonder, when reading the "peeling start button", "broken start button" posts, if other owners have yet to discover this? I did a Search and didn't find any mention anywhere. Next stop; Owner's Manual!!

Glenn

After having the Starter Switch changed in my 2006, I noticed that my wife's takes a longer push to start or stop the engine. Obviously the newer design is even more 'momentary'.

mike_in_texas
12-27-09, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure if this is an option on your particular year model, but my 2009 has an option where I can select to have either just the driver's door unlock or have all doors unlock when I approach with the FOB. The option is buried deep in the setup menus.

And just to add to the consensus, I absolutely HATE the nav system. I consider myself pretty good when it comes to the operating systems on electronic gadgets, but the STS nav system is just awful. It doesn't help that you (or your passenger/front-seat navigator) can't operate most of the features while the car is moving (without spending a few hundred bucks to buy an aftermarket harness).

However, considering I purchased my 2009 STS with 3000 miles on it for only $35,000 on craigslist, I can live with the frustrations. :-)