: Recaro retrofit?

commander112
06-28-09, 08:28 AM
Just wondering as parts are a plenty around here if the Recaros are pretty much a plug and play retrofit or if they are a major project requiring new seat tracks and more? Anyone done this? I'm pretty happy with the standard seats but if I hear of a good deal on Recaros should I snap them up and install them.

Mark

Caroutisine
06-28-09, 01:47 PM
I don't know how easy it would be, but think the Recaro's have heated and vented seats. There is an extra button on the center console of the Recaro equipped cars for the cooling?

commander112
06-28-09, 02:12 PM
I don't know how easy it would be, but think the Recaro's have heated and vented seats. There is an extra button on the center console of the Recaro equipped cars for the cooling?

Switches and wiring are easy enough to handle. I'm wondering if there is major ductwork that needs to be installed at manufacture or if the ECU is programmed different. Often these kinds of things are already set into the vehicle and it is as simple as plugging the seats into the wiring harness. As for the cooled seats I don't believe there is actual ducting. The seats just pull air in from the cabin and have fans that blow the air through the seat (at least that is how it works in our XLR and our previous STS.

vperl
06-28-09, 06:13 PM
Seems to me this topic was chewed along time ago. Answer was that all sorts of things are hooked into he seats that are very complicated and that you probably cannot get a full GM Recardo replacement any time soon......any non V2 seat would trigger all sorts of computer problems...
Go out and get GM parts to supply you with a " Air Charge Cooler" for your blower...... Any major part is there only in limited quanities...

commander112
06-28-09, 07:06 PM
Seems to me this topic was chewed along time ago. Answer was that all sorts of things are hooked into he seats that are very complicated and that you probably cannot get a full GM Recardo replacement any time soon......any non V2 seat would trigger all sorts of computer problems...
Go out and get GM parts to supply you with a " Air Charge Cooler" for your blower...... Any major part is there only in limited quanities...

I think you misunderstand. I am talking about using the V2 Recaro seat not an aftermarket seat. My thought is it should be plug and play but was unsure.

vperl
06-28-09, 08:07 PM
I think you misunderstand. I am talking about using the V2 Recaro seat not an aftermarket seat. My thought is it should be plug and play but was unsure.

&&&&*********************

I wish you well on your search for a drivers side V2 seat

parts are slim

commander112
06-28-09, 09:07 PM
&&&&*********************

I wish you well on your search for a drivers side V2 seat

parts are slim

Accidents happen and we have a very good graveyard right by my house for low mile GM testbed product. Note my location. Now back to my question please...

commander112
06-30-09, 08:07 AM
Nobody knows the answer to this?

gtoctsv
07-11-09, 11:55 AM
Nobody knows the answer to this?

What color are your seats? If we could confirm that this is a simple swap, I'd consider trading my Recaros + a little cash for your seats. Mine are Light Titanium and in pristine condition (have all of 300 miles on them).

vperl
07-11-09, 02:28 PM
Accidents happen and we have a very good graveyard right by my house for low mile GM testbed product. Note my location. Now back to my question please...

vvvvvvvv

Check your graveyard? Any real internal parts like specility items, blowers, parts for many thing or whole items are just not available now.

GM has no date when these parts or others will be made available.....

got a " air charge cooler"